Why are you studying foreign language? This is a frequently asked question but I would like to ask you.

This is our main forum. Here, anything related to languages and linguistics can be discussed.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

WiliamHurts
Why are you studying foreign language? This is a frequently asked question but I would like to ask you.

Postby WiliamHurts » 2021-04-17, 6:37

my answer: I'm studying English because I'm majoring in engineering at university and English is necessary to play on a global stage. The person who can speak English is great demand in the job market since they can smoothly negotiate with overseas companies.

Studying English would pave the way for my international career,however,I learn English just because it is fun. If I can understand English,I'm able to kill time in various ways. There is a lot of entertainment that is provided by English so my life will be fruitful by studying English!

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Why are you studying foreign language? This is a frequently asked question but I would like to ask you.

Postby vijayjohn » 2021-04-20, 17:03

I study foreign languages because I like to? I think originally, I started doing it partly out of jealousy but mostly because I wanted to make friends with people (especially adults, although I was a child) by talking to them in their own languages.

linguoboy

Re: Why are you studying foreign language? This is a frequently asked question but I would like to ask you.

Postby linguoboy » 2021-05-06, 13:23

I study them because I need something to do to fill the endless hours between now and the day of my inevitable demise.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Aurora-Evie

Postby Aurora-Evie » 2021-05-06, 21:46

Well, over here a lot of people speak Spanish, so I'm learning Spanish for that reason. I'm also learning French and Portuguese for fun!
(en) English (native)
(es) Spanish (B1)
(art) Neo-Ruetrique (creation in progress)

Return to “General Language Forum”