Page 33 of 41

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-16, 14:48
by Lur
vijayjohn wrote:Are you just sick of the weather? :P


Yes :para:

Old Norse.

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-17, 7:40
by vijayjohn
Have you ever studied any of these languages?
Luís wrote:I know that realistically I will never learn Hungarian in my life, though... :P

What about study it?

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-20, 15:19
by Lur
vijayjohn wrote:Have you ever studied any of these languages?

I started with Finnish once. I should continue.

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-20, 15:27
by france-eesti
vijayjohn wrote:Have you ever studied any of these languages?
Luís wrote:I know that realistically I will never learn Hungarian in my life, though... :P

What about study it?

Hey, Luis, Hungarian is awesome :D You should definitely study it. I'm studying on Magyar OK and I'm on 3rd set of exercise books!
I also study with conversation partners, twice a week. Hungarians are adorable with foreigners!

Anyway, did you enjoy Budapest?
I'm also going to Hungary on the 7th of July with my husband and the 3 kids, I can't wait! 8-)

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-20, 18:51
by księżycowy
vijayjohn wrote:Have you ever studied any of these languages?
Luís wrote:I know that realistically I will never learn Hungarian in my life, though... :P

What about study it?

Is there a difference between "learn" and "study"? Cause I feel like you're making a distinction here, but I'm not sure, Vijay.

Yes, I know they can be used either synonymously, or to indicate a difference. I'm just not sure of Vijay's intended meaning.

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-21, 8:56
by Luís
france-eesti wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:
Luís wrote:I know that realistically I will never learn Hungarian in my life, though... :P

What about study it?

Hey, Luis, Hungarian is awesome :D You should definitely study it.


You guys are not helping... :P

france-eesti wrote:Anyway, did you enjoy Budapest?


Yes, it's a beautiful city. I enjoy most cities I visit anyway, I'm not too picky ;)

france-eesti wrote:Hungarians are adorable with foreigners!


This is purely anedoctal, but I didn't really get that impression. Some even tried to scam us a couple of times (increasing prices after figuring out we were foreigners, not giving the correct change, etc.). But I believe I would probably have a different experience outside of the more "touristy" areas.

księżycow wrote:Yes, I know they can be used either synonymously, or to indicate a difference. I'm just not sure of Vijay's intended meaning.


You can study a language and not learn anything... :P

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-24, 7:46
by vijayjohn
księżycowy wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:Have you ever studied any of these languages?
Luís wrote:I know that realistically I will never learn Hungarian in my life, though... :P

What about study it?

Is there a difference between "learn" and "study"? Cause I feel like you're making a distinction here, but I'm not sure, Vijay.

Yes. I wasn't sure whether he was saying he'd never even consider studying Hungarian or simply that he'd never get to a point where he speaks it.
Luís wrote:
france-eesti wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:
Luís wrote:I know that realistically I will never learn Hungarian in my life, though... :P

What about study it?

Hey, Luis, Hungarian is awesome :D You should definitely study it.


You guys are not helping... :P

Don't learn Hungarian! :o Hungarian is a terrible language! Bad Hungarian! :nono: Bad bad bad!!!
:silly:
Some even tried to scam us a couple of times (increasing prices after figuring out we were foreigners, not giving the correct change, etc.).

:shock: That's like China and India.

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-24, 12:00
by france-eesti
vijayjohn wrote:Don't learn Hungarian! :o Hungarian is a terrible language! Bad Hungarian! :nono: Bad bad bad!!!
:silly:


Heeeey but why so hateful Vijay? Anyway when you wanderlust for a language, just wait for a few weeks and then it eventually fades away 8-)

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-25, 0:05
by vijayjohn
france-eesti wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:Don't learn Hungarian! :o Hungarian is a terrible language! Bad Hungarian! :nono: Bad bad bad!!!
:silly:


Heeeey but why so hateful Vijay?

I'm kidding. I'm still willing to make a study group for it. :P

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-25, 0:34
by księżycowy
As long as it doesn't subtract from our study groups, Vijay!

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-25, 10:28
by france-eesti
A study group for Hungarian? But who will be included? Nobody but myself studies Hungarian!
Maybe Luis? :D

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-25, 16:08
by vijayjohn
france-eesti wrote:A study group for Hungarian? But who will be included? Nobody but myself studies Hungarian!
Maybe Luis? :D

Me! :D

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-25, 16:30
by księżycowy
How dare you!

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-25, 16:31
by vijayjohn
What? I haven't sacrificed your study group yet! :P

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-25, 16:41
by księżycowy
Regardless, how dare you!

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-06-29, 15:29
by vijayjohn
Yeah! How dare I post more in our study group than you! :twisted:

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-07-04, 17:56
by voron
Wanderlusting for Hindi/Urdu for no reason.

There aren't that many languages I have wanderlusted for during the last few years. Hindi/Urdu, Persian, German, perhaps Indonesian -- that's about it I guess? I have a chance to learn all of them in my lifetime. :P

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-07-04, 19:16
by Yasna
voron wrote:There aren't that many languages I have wanderlusted for during the last few years. Hindi/Urdu, Persian, German, perhaps Indonesian -- that's about it I guess? I have a chance to learn all of them in my lifetime. :P

Wanderlust is a degenerative ailment. Expect the symptoms to accrue.

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-07-05, 0:33
by vijayjohn
voron wrote:There aren't that many languages I have wanderlusted for during the last few years. Hindi/Urdu, Persian, German, perhaps Indonesian -- that's about it I guess? I have a chance to learn all of them in my lifetime. :P

What about Italian and Romanian???

Re: Wanderlust support group 5

Posted: 2019-07-05, 8:21
by Luís
france-eesti wrote:Anyway when you wanderlust for a language, just wait for a few weeks and then it eventually fades away 8-)


True. My wanderlust for Hungarian is completely gone now... :P