Best/favorite online monolingual dictionary for your language

This is our main forum. Here, anything related to languages and linguistics can be discussed.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Linguaphile

Best/favorite online monolingual dictionary for your language

Postby Linguaphile » 2021-11-24, 5:44

I'd like to make a list of "best" online monolingual dictionaries for different languages here. Please add one for any languages that you know well enough to use a monolingual dictionary!
Criteria:
  • The dictionary should be monolingual. (I've made a similar thread for bilingual dictionaries.)
  • List a single site you think is best, not a list of different sites and not a link to such a list. You should be able to search for a word directly from the site you link to. (It's probably the link you're most likely to use yourself if you want to look up a word online.)
  • If someone else has already added your language and you think a different site is better, add that one too!
  • Keep my list in your message and your own to it (so ideally by the end of the thread we'll have a long list in one post).

I'm starting with a shorter list for this one because really the only languages I use monolingual dictionaries regularly in are Spanish and Estonian.

(es) Diccionario de la lengua española (Real Academia Española)

(et) Eesti keele seletav sõnaraamat (Eesti Keele Instituut)

Return to “General Language Forum”