Issues and Bugs

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Johanna
Language Forum Moderator
Re: Issues and Bugs

Postby Johanna » 2015-01-08, 5:30

It's been explained in another thread, but so that the information will be easy to find, I'm also posting it in Forum Information: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41590#p985872
Swedish (sv) native; English (en) good; Norwegian (no) read fluently, understand well, speak badly; Danish (dk) read fluently, understand badly, can't speak; Faroese (fo) read some, understand a bit, speak a few sentences; German (de) French (fr) Spanish (es) forgetting; heritage language.

ling

Postby ling » 2015-04-08, 8:57

Where is the "see most recent posts" link (or whatever it's called)?

It used to be possible to see what posts are the most recent, but this function has been broken for a couple weeks, it seems.
Native: [flag=]en[/flag] Advanced: [flag=]zh[/flag] Actively studying: [flag=]th[/flag][flag=]id[/flag] Passively dabbling: [flag=]lkt[/flag]

Aurinĭa
Forum Administrator

Postby Aurinĭa » 2015-04-08, 9:14

It's hidden under the quick links button on the navigation bar (the three stripes).

ling

Postby ling » 2015-04-08, 12:39

Thanks! Yes, that is pretty unapparent.
Native: [flag=]en[/flag] Advanced: [flag=]zh[/flag] Actively studying: [flag=]th[/flag][flag=]id[/flag] Passively dabbling: [flag=]lkt[/flag]

ecorralest101

Postby ecorralest101 » 2015-04-11, 3:43

I want to report an issue that maybe is unknown for the admins and moderators. I sent several messages by email but never received a response. The issues I want to report is on the resources archive. The short story "the lion and the mouse" has a translation into Abkhaz language which does not correspond because if you observe the alphabet used, you find out that is Kannada, a Dravidian language spoken in India. Here I copy the link, http://unilang.org/ulrview.php?res=289,282
Take a look at this text below. The webpage where it appears, you can see the parallel translation with English and Abkhaz.

ಬಿಲದಲ್ಲಿ ನಿದ್ರಿಸುತ್ತಿದ್ದ ಸಿಂಹಕ್ಕೆ ನಿದ್ರಾಭಂಗವಾಯಿತು ಇಲಿಯೊಂದು ಅದರ ಮುಖದ ಮೇಲೆ ಹತ್ತಿ ಓಡಾಡುತ್ತಿತ್ತು. ತಕ್ಷಣಕೋಪಗೊಂಡು ಅದನ್ನು ತನ್ನ ಪಂಜದಲ್ಲಿ ಹಿಡಿಯಿತು. ಇನ್ನೇನು ಅದನ್ನು ಕೊಲ್ಲಲು ಹವಣಿಸುತ್ತಿತ್ತು.

I am completely sure, that alphabet is for Kannada and not for Abkhaz which is a Caucasian language. Abkhaz uses an adapted version of Cyrillic alphabet. These languages don't have anything in common. So I wonder if you can fix this.

Regards,

Eduardo.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-04-12, 3:40

I can't seem to access that link or the resource archive, but yeah, I agree that that text (including the language it's in, not just the script) looks very much like Kannada.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » 2015-04-12, 4:27

You're right, it's definitely not Abkhaz. However, that part of the site is since deprecated. Since the forum was upgraded a few weeks ago that Resource section was not brought with and is now only an archive, with no plans to restore it as far as I know, so it will most likely not be fixed.
Native:            (en-US)
Advanced:       (eu)
Just started:    (cs)
Trans woman  Image

ecorralest101

Postby ecorralest101 » 2015-04-12, 20:51

Hello,

Thanks for your message. It is a pity the resource archive does not get upgraded because I would say it is the most useful part of unilang. Maybe there could be other things to fix like dead links of language courses. But I understand how the thing goes. I hope that section becomes updated one day.

Thanks.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-04-12, 22:13

Is it just me who can't access the resource archive, BTW? :hmm:

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2015-04-13, 1:29

Might be, seems to work fine for me. :hmm:

OldBoring
Language Forum Moderator

Postby OldBoring » 2015-04-13, 2:05

What's the link for the resources archives?

Since you removed Không, could you replace it with Xin chào? :D

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-04-13, 20:13

Youngfun wrote:What's the link for the resources archives?

http://unilang.org/resources.php (I figured out how to access it now. Whew! :D). You can also find it on the bar at the top (where it says "Resource Archive").
Since you removed Không, could you replace it with Xin chào? :D

It's proycon who did that, so if you wanted that to happen, you'd probably have to ask on this thread and then hope that proycon actually sees it. :P

OldBoring
Language Forum Moderator

Postby OldBoring » 2015-04-14, 9:48

Thank you both answers, Vijay!
Shit, I thought this was the thread about the new version of the forum... Didn't look carefully at the thread title.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2015-06-02, 15:10

This thread reminded me, any chance we could get the edit function back for the language list, rather then having to delete and re-add languages to changes stars and color codes?

I suppose this isn't a bug, and perhaps not an issue, but I didn't want to open a new thread just for this.

waleed836

Re: Learning language X through language Y

Postby waleed836 » 2015-06-04, 6:10

When in a post I put more than one "hide", only the first button works. If for instance I click on the second button, it opens the first hidden text, not the one I clicked.
aliiii

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Learning language X through language Y

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-06-04, 8:32

waleed836 wrote:When in a post I put more than one "hide", only the first button works. If for instance I click on the second button, it opens the first hidden text, not the one I clicked.

See the end of this post.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2015-06-12, 21:33

Anyone else having nothing but trouble with Unilang right now? For the past hour, it's been sluggish as hell, when it doesn't simply hang indefinitely. Is there some kind of work being done behind the scenes?
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-06-12, 21:56

linguoboy wrote:Anyone else having nothing but trouble with Unilang right now? For the past hour, it's been sluggish as hell, when it doesn't simply hang indefinitely. Is there some kind of work being done behind the scenes?

Works fine for me.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2015-06-12, 22:01

I haven't had any issues today.

Levike

Re: Technical issues

Postby Levike » 2015-07-26, 14:52

Did one of my posts get deleted? Why? :(

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”