Issues with changing location

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Multiturquoise
Language Forum Moderator
Issues with changing location

Postby Multiturquoise » 2015-06-02, 14:08

Hello UniLang.

I may go to another country on holiday in the future but changing location is disabled for me (or for most people). Can you please fix this? (Languages and Location)

Thanks.
native: (tr)
advanced: (en) (el)
intermediate: (fr) (ka)
focus: (de) (sl) (hr)

Aurinĭa
Forum Administrator

Re: Issues with changing location

Postby Aurinĭa » 2015-06-02, 14:25

What exactly happens? I tried to change my location, and I got an error screen after I clicked "submit", but when I checked my profile, the location had changed.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2015-06-02, 15:03

It is really strange. The only way to change your location or nationality with out the error is to add a language you don't have on your list. Somehow the two functions are fused or something. I thought they used to be two separate buttons, or am I remembering incorrectly?

And the way Aurinia suggested does work too. Or at least it did for me. Neither option is ideal however. The reason for the error is because it's trying to add a language that you already have on your list to your list.

Multiturquoise
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Multiturquoise » 2015-06-02, 19:00

księżycowy wrote:It is really strange. The only way to change your location or nationality with out the error is to add a language you don't have on your list. Somehow the two functions are fused or something. I thought they used to be two separate buttons, or am I remembering incorrectly?

And the way Aurinia suggested does work too. Or at least it did for me. Neither option is ideal however. The reason for the error is because it's trying to add a language that you already have on your list to your list.

Thank you, Paul and Aurinia! It worked for me now.
native: (tr)
advanced: (en) (el)
intermediate: (fr) (ka)
focus: (de) (sl) (hr)

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”