You cannot make another post so soon...

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Lauren
You cannot make another post so soon...

Postby Lauren » 2013-09-26, 0:20

Is there a way to remove the post time-out restriction for some people? It seems I have to wait an entire minute from post post to another... At the start of each day I check Unilang and open anywhere from 10-25 tabs and check them all one-by-one, posting when I want to. And throughout the day I do the same on a smaller scale. It can get annoying having to try resubmitting a post over and over again while I wait for the forum to say it's OK for me to post again.

The only use I see for this is to deter spambots, but I and the vast majority of members on here are not, so is there a way to remove this for people with a certain amount of posts? Most spambots make less than 10 posts it seems, so the threshold wouldn't have to be high. I see no reason to keep it for everyone since it is definitely possible to do.
Native:            (en-US)
Advanced:       (eu)
Just started:    (cs)
Trans woman  Image

Johanna
Language Forum Moderator

Re: You cannot make another post so soon...

Postby Johanna » 2013-09-26, 0:39

One minute isn't that long ;)

And sure, very short posts don't take that long to write, but the system isn't there just for spam bots, it's also to prevent real users from spamming the forum completely. A post whose content you actually have to think about takes a few minutes to write.
Swedish (sv) native; English (en) good; Norwegian (no) read fluently, understand well, speak badly; Danish (dk) read fluently, understand badly, can't speak; Faroese (fo) read some, understand a bit, speak a few sentences; German (de) French (fr) Spanish (es) forgetting; heritage language.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » 2013-09-26, 2:09

I can't think of any active members that would purposely spam the forum.

And you don't always write posts that require much thought - most people here occasionally do this. What made me post this was commenting on the New Global Moderators thread that I preferred the new blue shade. That doesn't require much thought. Sure, it wasn't necessary for me to post that, but it is feedback from someone who previously complained about the ugly shade of blue in use. :P

There's nothing stopping people from writing one post of minimal thought, so why is there for two or more?
Native:            (en-US)
Advanced:       (eu)
Just started:    (cs)
Trans woman  Image

JackFrost

Postby JackFrost » 2013-09-26, 2:53

I do the same thing. Like, a dozen or two of tabs to keep myself updated with the threads I am interested in. Yet, I rarely been told "you cannot make a post that soon" or something like that. I just tend to go to the next tab after having clicked "submit". Or any tab that have nothing to do with Unilang. Usually takes more minute till I make another post.
Neferuj paħujkij!

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”