Issues and Bugs

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Re: Technical issues

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-07-26, 14:58

Presumably just removed, I think from the same set of posts after which Patrislav complained about his being supposedly deleted as well.

Патрислав Андреевич

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-07-26, 15:03

Nope. It was a cool song that Levike posted and my reply to it, from today. Again disappeared without a trace or any sort of notification. Unilang is turning into a paranormal activity. :whistle:

Johanna
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Johanna » 2015-07-26, 20:21

admin

That post and the answer to it were moved because they weren't the sort of content fit for a comedy thread. You might think that it was funny, but there might be people here who are survivors of that sort of abuse and to whom it's not simply bad taste but can give them flashbacks, and we want UniLang to be welcoming to everyone.

This is also not the thread for this sort of question, it's for technical issues, not for questioning moderating decisions, and you knew full well that the posts in question most likely were moved out of sight by a moderator. If you had been more patient you would have even received a PM about it, the reason it took a little while was that the moderator who first discovered it wasn't entirely sure what to do about it more than removing it from the thread and wanted input from others on the team.

If you have any questions about our moderation in the future please send us a PM, you are always welcome to do that for any issue :) Do not start asking about it in any threads, especially not in any that have nothing to do with moderating whatsoever! The next time any of you do that, we'll deem it to be a non-minor infraction, skip the formal reminder and hand out a warning right away.
Swedish (sv) native; English (en) good; Norwegian (no) read fluently, understand well, speak badly; Danish (dk) read fluently, understand badly, can't speak; Faroese (fo) read some, understand a bit, speak a few sentences; German (de) French (fr) Spanish (es) forgetting; heritage language.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-10-15, 8:26

Seriously? Why?

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2015-10-15, 8:42

We did not ban your IP, it simply can happen with IPs that aren't used by one user only that they ended up being on a blacklist because of other users. E.g. I couldn't sign up to another forum at first for this very reason.
Please correct my mistakes!

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-10-15, 8:50

Car wrote:We did not ban your IP, it simply can happen with IPs that aren't used by one user only...

And what's there to do about it?
Is it advisable to follow the link?

UPDATE: Never mind, it fixed itself somehow. The internet works in mysterious ways.

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2015-10-15, 13:31

Levike wrote:UPDATE: Never mind, it fixed itself somehow. The internet works in mysterious ways.

You posted that post under a different IP address. ;)
Please correct my mistakes!

Zireael

Re: Issues and Bugs

Postby Zireael » 2016-04-05, 7:13

Is there a way to block a certain person from sending me PM spam?
Native: [flag=]pl[/flag] Very advanced/near native: [flag=]en-US[/flag]
Intermediate: [flag=]es[/flag]
Beginner [flag=]de[/flag], [flag=]sgn[/flag], [flag=]tpi[/flag], [flag=]en_old[/flag], [flag=]ar[/flag]
Wanderlusting: [flag=]ja[/flag], [flag=]ru[/flag]
Artificial languages: [flag=]art-qya[/flag], [flag=]art-sjn[/flag],
My interest has been drawn by: [flag=]fa[/flag], [flag=]zh[/flag],

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2016-04-05, 11:22

If it seems like it's an account just sent up for spam, you can report the user to the global mods/admins. I can't remember if there's a button for that for PMs like there are for posts or not. If not (or you've deleted the message already), you can send a PM to the mods/admins.

If it's a regular user, you can do the same and/or put them in you block/ignore list in your UCP. It's under the friends/foe section.

EDIT: Actually, it seems that PMs still get through if someone's on your foe list. I'd say report them, personally.

Johanna
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Johanna » 2016-04-05, 13:50

księżycowy wrote:If it seems like it's an account just sent up for spam, you can report the user to the global mods/admins. I can't remember if there's a button for that for PMs like there are for posts or not.

There is :)
Swedish (sv) native; English (en) good; Norwegian (no) read fluently, understand well, speak badly; Danish (dk) read fluently, understand badly, can't speak; Faroese (fo) read some, understand a bit, speak a few sentences; German (de) French (fr) Spanish (es) forgetting; heritage language.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2016-04-05, 13:51

Oh, great! Been a while since I've had a PM. :lol:

Zireael

Postby Zireael » 2016-04-05, 18:47

Couldn't find such a button and there is certainly none in the member profile.
Native: [flag=]pl[/flag] Very advanced/near native: [flag=]en-US[/flag]
Intermediate: [flag=]es[/flag]
Beginner [flag=]de[/flag], [flag=]sgn[/flag], [flag=]tpi[/flag], [flag=]en_old[/flag], [flag=]ar[/flag]
Wanderlusting: [flag=]ja[/flag], [flag=]ru[/flag]
Artificial languages: [flag=]art-qya[/flag], [flag=]art-sjn[/flag],
My interest has been drawn by: [flag=]fa[/flag], [flag=]zh[/flag],

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2016-04-05, 19:55

In the top right of the PM there should be a '!' button, that's the report button. If you dont have the spam PM anymore, you'd have to send a PM to the mods/admins.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2016-05-11, 14:45

I'm finding that whenever I try to search a user's posts, including my own, I run into the following error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'unilangforum.p.post_time' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT [3065]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: automailer@unilang.org

proycon
Server Administrator

Postby proycon » 2016-05-11, 15:51

Right, we found this yesterday as well, I opened an issue here: https://github.com/proycon/unilangforum/issues/18

As it's in the phpBB code, I think we'll have to upgrade the forum software very soon to remedy this.
Language is the dress of thought -- Samuel Johnson
my homepage

Osias

Postby Osias » 2016-05-12, 1:25

Same here.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

Antea

Postby Antea » 2016-05-17, 19:24

I don't know if I'm in the right place to report it, but I have a problem every time that I press the "Your posts" button in the menu bar. It always shows "SQL error". But it does not happen with the options "New posts"or "Unread posts". I don't know if others have the same problem :hmm:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2016-05-17, 19:29

I do. I guess it's for the same reason why we can't seem to search our posts.

Antea

Postby Antea » 2016-05-17, 19:54

Ah, Ok. I'm relieved that I am not the only one (if that's a relief :hmm: )

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2016-05-25, 20:23

proycon wrote:As it's in the phpBB code, I think we'll have to upgrade the forum software very soon to remedy this.

So, proycon, just how soon is "very soon"? :D

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”