Trolls

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

|-|[|=
Trolls

Postby |-|[|= » 2011-12-03, 19:13

ferrari is definetly a troll, mezzofanti probably is as well. Ferrari had a thread with a link to a website with 10 problems with unilang (all useless insults), I don't know where it went though. He's says he's got a MILLION ips omgzorz so he will never be banned, he hates unilang, etc. I tried to see if there was a report user button but I could not find one. Sorry for the disorganization of this post.

Johanna
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Trolls

Postby Johanna » 2011-12-03, 20:07

Yeah, we try to ban him when we see him, and we're trying to come up with a way that will block his ability to create new accounts, but it's hard to do that without causing problems for other users as well.

Next time you see him, report one of his posts, and explain in the 'Further information' box that it's him.
Swedish (sv) native; English (en) good; Norwegian (no) read fluently, understand well, speak badly; Danish (dk) read fluently, understand badly, can't speak; Faroese (fo) read some, understand a bit, speak a few sentences; German (de) French (fr) Spanish (es) forgetting; heritage language.

Prophet

Postby Prophet » 2012-05-10, 8:31

There's only one thing that bothers me. Why do you ban me even for just posting a Canada National TV program about polyglots. I wasn't insulting anybody the other day. It's like I'm banned for life even though I could improve my behavior.
Просто не можеш да угодиш на всички!

loqu

Postby loqu » 2012-05-10, 8:33

Prophet wrote:There's only one thing that bothers me. Why do you ban me even for just posting a Canada National TV program about polyglots. I wasn't insulting anybody the other day. It's like I'm banned for life even though I could improve my behavior.

I'm no admin, but I guess these facts may have played a role:

1. you stated you were Cesare M
2. you began to boast about your knowledge as if you were Cesare M just to mock him
3. you're not Cesare M

That's not what I'd call improving your behaviour. Try harder.
Нека људи уживају у стварима.
Let people enjoy things.

Prophet

Postby Prophet » 2012-05-10, 8:56

loqu wrote:
Prophet wrote:There's only one thing that bothers me. Why do you ban me even for just posting a Canada National TV program about polyglots. I wasn't insulting anybody the other day. It's like I'm banned for life even though I could improve my behavior.

I'm no admin, but I guess these facts may have played a role:

1. you stated you were Cesare M
2. you began to boast about your knowledge as if you were Cesare M just to mock him
3. you're not Cesare M

That's not what I'd call improving your behaviour. Try harder.

It's like Don Quijote attacking the windmills. I do my best to make him be honest with himself and after he cops a few pleas, he's back again caliming fluency in 30 or 90 languages. I guess I won't spend any more time reforming him. And yes I have been all these personas except for Breivik and the original ZF, but I hate when they ban my IP for good without any chance to repent for my "sins".

loqu

Postby loqu » 2012-05-10, 9:11

Just leave Cesare M alone, he's none of your business. And I think you've had enough chances. Calling for more is absurd on your part, you've wasted everybody's time for too long already.
Нека људи уживају у стварима.
Let people enjoy things.

Prophet

Postby Prophet » 2012-05-10, 9:17

Okay then ban me if you will, but look at this guy: Làmh_Dearg .
He's listed IDK maybe over 200 languages and still can be part of the community? I mean even if he'D spend only 3 months on each one to become conversational, he's be learning them for 50 friggin' years!!
Why don't you ban anyone, but me? Ooh now I get it, I don't have an Aperger badge to flash to your faces and my mother won't call to unblock her beloved son. Now sorry for the hate-speech , but it's like I'm the only one who gets banned. Polyglto girl, that Polish girl, Cesare, Làmh_Dearg, and others with shamful claims are here for keeps.

Saim

Postby Saim » 2012-05-10, 11:06

Prophet wrote:Okay then ban me if you will, but look at this guy: Làmh_Dearg .
He's listed IDK maybe over 200 languages and still can be part of the community?

Because lying or boasting, assuming that's what's going on here, is not equivalent to trolling. You're not in trouble for asserting falsities, but rather for mocking other users (as far as I can tell).

This is also a tu quoque fallacy.

Why don't you ban anyone, but me?

Plenty of other people have been banned.

Ooh now I get it, I don't have an Aperger badge to flash to your faces and my mother won't call to unblock her beloved son.

See, precisely this is your problem.

Johanna
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Johanna » 2012-05-10, 18:27

The way you behave and have behaved in the past and making all those clone accounts is what keeps you banned. Just circumventing a ban that way is a serious offence on Unilang and extends your ban, not to mention all the trolling, attacks on other members and bullying that got you banned in the first place and that you just won't give up.

Accept your ban for a year or two, then you can contact us and explain why you think you should be let back in, and then we can talk. That means you are to contact us by e-mail, not by making another account.

But before that: not a chance.

And if you're allowed to stay then, the moment you revert back to your old self, you're out.

The polyglots, fake or not, haven't done anything to warrant a ban, there's nothing in our policy against having different standards for what consitutes "conversational" or "fluent".
Swedish (sv) native; English (en) good; Norwegian (no) read fluently, understand well, speak badly; Danish (dk) read fluently, understand badly, can't speak; Faroese (fo) read some, understand a bit, speak a few sentences; German (de) French (fr) Spanish (es) forgetting; heritage language.

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”