Language List

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Sean of the Dead
Re: "My languages" options

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-04-19, 19:29

I'd like these languages to be added too, as I've become really interested in them. (:

Limburgish (Limburgs)
Image ISO: lim

Zeelandic (Zeêuws)
Flag ISO: zea

Thanks Neqitan for the flags. :D
Last edited by Sean of the Dead on 2009-04-19, 21:18, edited 2 times in total.
Main focuses: [flag]kw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag]
Sub focus: Plautdietsch
On my own: [flag]is[/flag]

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2009-04-19, 19:53

Sean of the Dead wrote:Flag ISO: lim

'''

Postby ''' » 2009-04-19, 20:06

Sean of the Dead wrote:I'd like this language added too, as I've become really interested in it. (:

Limburgish (Limburgs)
Flag ISO: lim

You have any good resources or contacts? I'd love to do Limburgs. Though I find my dutch is enough to get basic meaning out of the written.
26/♂/hetero/Hu/★☭/PRESCRIPTIVIST
(en)(hu) - native
(de)(fr)(fa) - intermediate

Sean of the Dead

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-04-19, 20:20

Sadly no, and I'd probably have to start learning Dutch, as I bet most resources are in Dutch. :(

EDIT: I lied, I found a Dutch <-> Limburgs dictionary here. It's grammar is probably the same as Dutch, so if you know Dutch grammar you could probably just learn the words. (:

Although it doesn't tell you the tones, so you'd probably have to buy a dictionary that tells you them, which I'm looking for now. :wink:

Tukkumminnguaq

Postby Tukkumminnguaq » 2009-05-03, 18:56

I saw the language option
"Inuktikut (ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ)" Inuktikut??? who said it? it is misspelling. it should "Inuktitut"
"Inuit (Kalaallisut)" ??? ...its should "Kalaallisut (Greenlandic)"

both flag are perfect match them.

and problem i want add "Quebec Sign Language" there not work add in my list...like
"General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Duplicate entry '14759-sgn--CAQC' for key 1 [1062]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists."

Quebec Sign Language should change Langue des signes québécoise (LSQ a.k.a Quebec Sign Language) and flag same Quebec's flag
[flag]en-ca[/flag][flag]sgn[/flag][flag]iu[/flag][flag]kl[/flag][flag]ale[/flag]
[flag]qu[/flag][flag]tr[/flag][flag]yrk[/flag][flag]evn[/flag][flag]ckt[/flag][flag]itl[/flag]

[̲̅̅N̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅b̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅d̲̅][̲̅̅y̲̅] [̲̅̅K̲̅][̲̅̅n̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅w̲̅][̲̅̅s̲̅][̲̅̅.̲̅] [̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅i̲̅][̲̅̅f̲̅][̲̅̅e̲̅] [̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅s̲̅] [̲̅̅T̲̅][̲̅̅h̲̅][̲̅̅e̲̅][̲̅̅y̲̅] [̲̅̅K̲̅][̲̅̅n̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅w̲̅] [̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅t̲̅][̲̅̅.̲̅]

Sean of the Dead

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-05-03, 19:05

Is anyone ever going to add these? :cry: Hell, give me access to the SQL db and I'll do it. :D

If someone will, for Old Norse it should be "Old Norse (Norrœnt)".

@Neqitan: Could you convert the Zeelandic flag please? (:

@Amaqqut: I think you mean "Greenlandic (Kalaallisut)", since the language's native name goes in the parentheses. ;)

phaed

Postby phaed » 2009-05-03, 20:21

Fixed the Inuktitut / Greenlandic names.
Sean of the Dead wrote:it should be "Old Norse (Norrœnt)".
That's what I'm seeing in the code.. what is currently being displayed?
Native: [flag=]en-US[/flag]
B2: [flag=]es[/flag] (2006), [flag=]fr[/flag] (2008), [flag=]de[/flag] (2012)
A1: [flag=]ro[/flag] (2013)
Admiring from a distance: [flag=]sco[/flag] [flag=]la[/flag] [flag=]el[/flag] [flag=]fa[/flag] [flag=]no[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag]

Sean of the Dead

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-05-03, 20:23

Well if you go to my profile, it just says Old Norse.

Tukkumminnguaq

Postby Tukkumminnguaq » 2009-05-04, 4:27

Thanks!

but...about Quebec Sign language i did added my list there say "Sign Language" without "Quebec" =\
and u can add LSQ's flag

iso: lsq
[flag]en-ca[/flag][flag]sgn[/flag][flag]iu[/flag][flag]kl[/flag][flag]ale[/flag]
[flag]qu[/flag][flag]tr[/flag][flag]yrk[/flag][flag]evn[/flag][flag]ckt[/flag][flag]itl[/flag]

[̲̅̅N̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅b̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅d̲̅][̲̅̅y̲̅] [̲̅̅K̲̅][̲̅̅n̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅w̲̅][̲̅̅s̲̅][̲̅̅.̲̅] [̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅i̲̅][̲̅̅f̲̅][̲̅̅e̲̅] [̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅s̲̅] [̲̅̅T̲̅][̲̅̅h̲̅][̲̅̅e̲̅][̲̅̅y̲̅] [̲̅̅K̲̅][̲̅̅n̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅w̲̅] [̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅t̲̅][̲̅̅.̲̅]

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2009-05-04, 23:24

Sean of the Dead wrote:@Neqitan: Could you convert the Zeelandic flag please? (:

Sean of the Dead wrote:Well if you go to my profile, it just says Old Norse.

Same issue with Old Spanish (it doesn't say "Castellano antiguo").
Amaqqut wrote:but...about Quebec Sign language i did added my list there say "Sign Language" without "Quebec" =\
and u can add LSQ's flag

iso: lsq

There's already a flag for Quebec... [flag]alq[/flag]
Last edited by Bubulus on 2009-05-05, 4:07, edited 1 time in total.

Tukkumminnguaq

Postby Tukkumminnguaq » 2009-05-05, 4:03

There's already a flag for Quebec... [flag]alq[/flag]

yea....so? i notice there two USA flag Eng and ASL huh?

Tukkumminnguaq

Postby Tukkumminnguaq » 2009-05-06, 22:36

I want add Aleut in "My languages"

and can other Inuit's dialect? for example Inupiatun, Inuvialuktun, inuinnaqtun, Inuktitun, Inuttut etc

riwnodennyk

Postby riwnodennyk » 2009-06-02, 20:59

Native [flag=]uk[/flag], OK [flag=]be.Tara[/flag] [flag=]en[/flag] [flag=]pl[/flag], Some [flag=]de[/flag] [flag=]fr[/flag], Beginner [flag=]tr[/flag] [flag=]ro[/flag], Kudos to [flag=]crh[/flag] [flag=]ca[/flag] [flag=]ga[/flag] [flag=]eu[/flag]

Sean of the Dead

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-06-06, 0:18

Can you please add Etruscan?

Etruscan (mechl Rasnal)
ISO: I'm not sure if it's und or ett. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etruscan_language

Vortarulo

Postby Vortarulo » 2009-06-21, 18:02

I'd like to see Tsez (цезйас мец) with the code ddo and the flag http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FlagofDaghestan.svg

And do we have Klingon?

Thanks.
[flag]de[/flag] ← native
[flag]eo[/flag] [flag]us[/flag] [flag]zh[/flag] ← fluent
[flag]nl[/flag] [flag]th[/flag] [flag]tlh[/flag] ← intermediate
[flag]fr[/flag] [flag]ddo[/flag] [flag]es[/flag] [flag]lo[/flag] ← conversational
...and also a little bit of [flag]la[/flag] [flag]zhc[/flag] [flag]pt[/flag] [flag]ru[/flag] [flag]tr[/flag] [flag]tpi[/flag] [flag]ja[/flag] [flag]bo[/flag] [flag]pl[/flag] [flag]id[/flag] and [flag]art-tkp[/flag]

Quetzacoatl

Geordie/ Mackem North East English Dialect

Postby Quetzacoatl » 2009-06-21, 18:03

Could you add Northumbrian Dialects

Northumbrian Dialects ISO:eng-ntm

Native names:
Northumbrian Dialects: Narthumbryin Deelects

The Northumbrian Flag is often a symbol of the old Kingdom of Northumbrian stretching from Northumbria down to Hull and could be a worthy symbol for them all.

Words are often pronounced closer to the Old English of the Angles of Southern Denmark, while English farther south has been more changed by the Normans. Their is a small starter list of vocabulary in the wikipedia link below, we pronounce nearly every word in the language our own way. Aswell as having probaly a couple of hundred words unique compared to most dialects of English.
We have alot of words similar and the same as Scots, it can be very hard for those within our own country to understand. Thats got to count for something!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geordie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northumbria

Because those from Sunderland and Northumbria speak nearly same way with only minor differences. I prefer if you can only adding one for it to be listed as Northumbrian Dialects as not to offend any group, or simply add all mentioned above.

Would be much obliged if you could add any to the site. Thank you.
Last edited by Quetzacoatl on 2009-07-10, 10:30, edited 5 times in total.

linguopolitano

Postby linguopolitano » 2009-06-24, 10:11

I think somebody should add the Cape Verdean Creole (kriólu kabuberdiánu), the creole which is spoken on Cape Verde islands and in Cape-Verdian comunities around the World, especially in Portugal and USA. The flag is that of Cape Verde. We already have some creole languages, like Papiamentu, Tok Pisin and Haitian Creole, but this is an important one too.
Thankyou!

NulNuk

Postby NulNuk » 2009-06-27, 21:56

could you change "Argentinian Spanish" /"Español Argentino" to the more correct way:
"Rio Platense Castillian"/ "Castellano Rio Platense", Argentinians don`t call their language "Español", thats for Spaniard Spanish, we use "Castellano" for our language! >:0{

also it would be nice to have ISL (Israeli sign language). :0}

(שס"י , שפת סימנים ישראלית ).
Every thing I write, wrote, or will write, its in my own opinion, for I have no other.
Release me from the duty of being polite and remind you, "I made use of my own brain".

NulNuk

Postby NulNuk » 2009-06-27, 22:08

also Aramaic should be "אַרָמִית " and not " בְּאַרָמִית" , "בְּאַרָמִית" means "in Aramaic" .
Every thing I write, wrote, or will write, its in my own opinion, for I have no other.
Release me from the duty of being polite and remind you, "I made use of my own brain".

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2009-06-27, 22:24

NulNuk wrote:could you change "Argentinian Spanish" /"Español Argentino" to the more correct way:
"Rio Platense Castillian"/ "Castellano Rio Platense",

Rioplatense also includes Uruguayan and Paraguayan Spanish ^^, with all that sheísmo and literary voseo.
Argentinians don`t call their language "Español", thats for Spaniard Spanish, we use "Castellano" for our language! >:0{

"Español" is not for Spaniard Spanish only, actually, inside Spain they use "castellano" more thank you think :wink: (so the Catalans, the ETA [I think] and others don't feel offended); in the end, it's mainly us from the northern parts of Latin America who use "español" in almost all contexts.

I think we should keep the current system because seeing "Español de México" next to "Castellano de Argentina" under the Spanish section would be rather weird. ^^

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”