Practise Slovak language

Moderator: Riks

User avatar
Mulder-21
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2003-04-22, 7:15
Real Name: Johan Petur Dam
Gender: male
Location: Funningur
Country: FO Faroe Islands (Faroe Islands)
Contact:

Postby Mulder-21 » 2007-01-15, 18:18

Ale prečo? Nerozumiem, prečo Slováci vždy hovoria, že slovenčina je veľmi komplikovaná, Praha je krajšia ako Bratislava atď. Prečo???

Myslím, že Slovensko je veľmi pekné, slovenčina je pekná a trochu, áno, len trochu komplikovaná, a nie bol som v Prahe.
Gløgt er gestsins eyga. (Føroyskt orðafelli)
Wise is the stranger's eye. (Faroese saying)
L'occhio dell'ospite è acuto. (Proverbio faroico)
Hosťovo oko je múdre. (Faerské uslovie)

Fluent: Faroese, Danish, English, German
Almost fluent: Norwegian, Swedish
Basic: Slovak (studying), Spanish
Have studied: Hebrew, Russian
Interests: Ukrainian, Romanian, Italian, Albanian, Armenian, Ossetic, Hungarian, Estonian, Baltic languages

Opthys
Posts: 1
Joined: 2006-12-27, 17:39
Real Name: Meriç Özgür
Gender: female
Location: istanbul
Country: TR Turkey (Türkiye)

Postby Opthys » 2007-01-19, 22:31

well,i am also studying slovak.i was in bratislava 2 weeks ago,around the new years time.i was also there in october,i have girlfriend in slovakia so thats why i am studying slovak.

yes slovak is complicated,especially the cases of nouns.but in my opinion,it just needs practise.every language is complicated but if u practise well,then every language is easy to learn.

User avatar
Mulder-21
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2003-04-22, 7:15
Real Name: Johan Petur Dam
Gender: male
Location: Funningur
Country: FO Faroe Islands (Faroe Islands)
Contact:

Postby Mulder-21 » 2007-01-20, 18:28

Opthys wrote:yes slovak is complicated,especially the cases of nouns.but in my opinion,it just needs practise.every language is complicated but if u practise well,then every language is easy to learn.


EXACTLY!

However, I find the verbs, and especially the verbal prefixes (s-, z-, v-, pre-, pri-) more complicated. The cases are easier.
Gløgt er gestsins eyga. (Føroyskt orðafelli)
Wise is the stranger's eye. (Faroese saying)
L'occhio dell'ospite è acuto. (Proverbio faroico)
Hosťovo oko je múdre. (Faerské uslovie)

Fluent: Faroese, Danish, English, German
Almost fluent: Norwegian, Swedish
Basic: Slovak (studying), Spanish
Have studied: Hebrew, Russian
Interests: Ukrainian, Romanian, Italian, Albanian, Armenian, Ossetic, Hungarian, Estonian, Baltic languages

User avatar
Alcadras
Posts: 5508
Joined: 2005-04-16, 11:45
Real Name: Mirac Özdağ
Gender: male
Location: Ankara
Country: TR Turkey (Türkiye)

Postby Alcadras » 2007-01-20, 18:31

Opthys wrote:well,i am also studying slovak.i was in bratislava 2 weeks ago,around the new years time.i was also there in october,i have girlfriend in slovakia so thats why i am studying slovak.

yes slovak is complicated,especially the cases of nouns.but in my opinion,it just needs practise.every language is complicated but if u practise well,then every language is easy to learn.

Dediğin doğru, her dil kolaylaşır pratik yaparsan, ama slovak gerçekten daha çok pratik istiyor. :lol: Ben çekce öğrenmeye kalktım bir ara, ama maceram 1 hafta sürmedi. :lol:
Kolay gelsin bu arada. :wink:

desdemona
Posts: 3
Joined: 2006-11-20, 2:05
Real Name: Ewa Misiak
Gender: female
Location: Lodz
Country: PL Poland (Polska)

Postby desdemona » 2007-01-21, 13:04

Hi! For example I don't have serious problems if I want to understand your posts, but for now it's quite imposible for me to write something in your language.

Maby it's becouse, I have spoken with me friends in this way, that I've spoken polish, they've spoken slovakian ;)

User avatar
Levo
Posts: 3228
Joined: 2006-10-29, 10:22
Gender: male
Location: Budapest
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby Levo » 2008-10-21, 0:51

Hi!
I didn't want to open a new topic for this, so I hope you don't mind if I post it here :)
Please, what does "Holky za padesát" mean? I have a song on my mp3 from the rock-band "Lucie". I got it from my brother who got it from a Slovak while studying abroad with Erasmus.

User avatar
BezierCurve
Posts: 2624
Joined: 2008-03-07, 12:21

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby BezierCurve » 2008-10-21, 1:07

I guess that literally it would be "girls for fifty (?)"... Wouldn't dare to guess the real meaning of it though :o
Brejkam wszystkie rule.

"I love tautologies, they're so ... tautological." Hunef

User avatar
hreru
Posts: 751
Joined: 2005-10-27, 13:14
Gender: female
Country: CZ Czech Republic (Česká republika)
Contact:

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby hreru » 2008-10-21, 11:46

Lucie is a Czech band. It does mean girls for fifty - streetgirls you can buy for fifty crowns, which means they're really cheap. Well the song is a bit older I think, ten years?, I don't know; and inflation is growing all the time, but surely fifty crowns was cheap even back then. :)

User avatar
Levo
Posts: 3228
Joined: 2006-10-29, 10:22
Gender: male
Location: Budapest
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby Levo » 2008-10-22, 17:55

hreru wrote:Lucie is a Czech band. It does mean girls for fifty - streetgirls you can buy for fifty crowns, which means they're really cheap. Well the song is a bit older I think, ten years?, I don't know; and inflation is growing all the time, but surely fifty crowns was cheap even back then. :)

Lohól! :lol:
Thank you! In that case it means, Slovaks listen to Czech songs even nowadays...

User avatar
Mulder-21
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2003-04-22, 7:15
Real Name: Johan Petur Dam
Gender: male
Location: Funningur
Country: FO Faroe Islands (Faroe Islands)
Contact:

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby Mulder-21 » 2008-10-23, 20:07

Slováci počujú na veľa českej hudby. Na príklad na stanici 'FUN Radio' často povedia o tom, že oni hrajú najnovšiu slovenskú i českú hudbu. 'Viac hudby, viac FUN' :)
Gløgt er gestsins eyga. (Føroyskt orðafelli)
Wise is the stranger's eye. (Faroese saying)
L'occhio dell'ospite è acuto. (Proverbio faroico)
Hosťovo oko je múdre. (Faerské uslovie)

Fluent: Faroese, Danish, English, German
Almost fluent: Norwegian, Swedish
Basic: Slovak (studying), Spanish
Have studied: Hebrew, Russian
Interests: Ukrainian, Romanian, Italian, Albanian, Armenian, Ossetic, Hungarian, Estonian, Baltic languages

User avatar
Levo
Posts: 3228
Joined: 2006-10-29, 10:22
Gender: male
Location: Budapest
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby Levo » 2008-10-26, 20:26

Yeah, the title of this thread is clear... Nevertheless I would like to ask you, Mulder to be so kind and translate your post to English, please. I have never learnt Slovak :|

User avatar
Mulder-21
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2003-04-22, 7:15
Real Name: Johan Petur Dam
Gender: male
Location: Funningur
Country: FO Faroe Islands (Faroe Islands)
Contact:

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby Mulder-21 » 2008-10-27, 12:38

Mulder-21 wrote:Slováci počujú na veľa českej hudby. Na príklad na stanici 'FUN Radio' často povedia o tom, že oni hrajú najnovšiu slovenskú i českú hudbu. 'Viac hudby, viac FUN' :)


Sorry, Levo:

Slovaks listen a lot to Czech music. For instance the station 'FUN Radio' often says, that they play the newest Slovak and Czech music. The slogan is 'more music, more FUN'.
Gløgt er gestsins eyga. (Føroyskt orðafelli)
Wise is the stranger's eye. (Faroese saying)
L'occhio dell'ospite è acuto. (Proverbio faroico)
Hosťovo oko je múdre. (Faerské uslovie)

Fluent: Faroese, Danish, English, German
Almost fluent: Norwegian, Swedish
Basic: Slovak (studying), Spanish
Have studied: Hebrew, Russian
Interests: Ukrainian, Romanian, Italian, Albanian, Armenian, Ossetic, Hungarian, Estonian, Baltic languages

User avatar
Levo
Posts: 3228
Joined: 2006-10-29, 10:22
Gender: male
Location: Budapest
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby Levo » 2008-10-28, 14:10

Mulder-21 wrote:
Mulder-21 wrote:Slováci počujú na veľa českej hudby. Na príklad na stanici 'FUN Radio' často povedia o tom, že oni hrajú najnovšiu slovenskú i českú hudbu. 'Viac hudby, viac FUN' :)


Sorry, Levo:

Slovaks listen a lot to Czech music. For instance the station 'FUN Radio' often says, that they play the newest Slovak and Czech music. The slogan is 'more music, more FUN'.

D'akujem!

User avatar
Mulder-21
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2003-04-22, 7:15
Real Name: Johan Petur Dam
Gender: male
Location: Funningur
Country: FO Faroe Islands (Faroe Islands)
Contact:

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby Mulder-21 » 2008-10-29, 16:05

Nemáš za čo. :)
Gløgt er gestsins eyga. (Føroyskt orðafelli)
Wise is the stranger's eye. (Faroese saying)
L'occhio dell'ospite è acuto. (Proverbio faroico)
Hosťovo oko je múdre. (Faerské uslovie)

Fluent: Faroese, Danish, English, German
Almost fluent: Norwegian, Swedish
Basic: Slovak (studying), Spanish
Have studied: Hebrew, Russian
Interests: Ukrainian, Romanian, Italian, Albanian, Armenian, Ossetic, Hungarian, Estonian, Baltic languages

User avatar
ornament
Posts: 224
Joined: 2005-10-21, 15:31
Real Name: Evgeniy
Gender: male
Location: Moscow
Country: RU Russia (Российская Федерация)

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby ornament » 2009-03-18, 19:46

Well, Slovak is very pretty and being Russian native and speaking some polish I can understand it quite well, but it's hard for me to speak... just yet I hope ;)

Myslím, že slovenský je veľmi pekný jazik a dosť dobre rozumiem slovenčinú, ale ťažke mi je hovoriť... niekedy pozerám slovenskú televíziu 8-) :D

User avatar
Riks
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 276
Joined: 2005-10-31, 14:34
Real Name: Richard B.
Country: SK Slovakia (Slovensko)
Contact:

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby Riks » 2009-03-18, 20:00

ornament wrote:Well, Slovak is very pretty and being Russian native and speaking some polish I can understand it quite well, but it's hard for me to speak... just yet I hope ;)

Myslím, že slovenský jazyk / slovenčina je veľmi pekný jazik jazyk a dosť dobre rozumiem slovenčinú slovensky, ale ťažke ťažko mi je hovoriť *... niekedy pozerám slovenskú televíziu 8-) :D
* alebo: "ale je pre mňa ťažké hovoriť"
Fluent: Slovak, Czech, English
Intermediate: German, Romanian
Basics: Hungarian, French, Swedish


riks@jabbim.sk

User avatar
ornament
Posts: 224
Joined: 2005-10-21, 15:31
Real Name: Evgeniy
Gender: male
Location: Moscow
Country: RU Russia (Российская Федерация)

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby ornament » 2009-03-19, 19:49

Riks wrote:
ornament wrote:Well, Slovak is very pretty and being Russian native and speaking some polish I can understand it quite well, but it's hard for me to speak... just yet I hope ;)

Myslím, že slovenský jazyk / slovenčina je veľmi pekný jazik jazyk a dosť dobre rozumiem slovenčinú slovensky, ale ťažke ťažko mi je hovoriť *... niekedy pozerám slovenskú televíziu 8-) :D
* alebo: "ale je pre mňa ťažké hovoriť"


ďakujem

User avatar
axaxaxasz mlö
Posts: 355
Joined: 2007-12-18, 20:35
Gender: male
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)
Contact:

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby axaxaxasz mlö » 2009-04-07, 7:10

výborné - výborne (adjective vs. adverb)
Is it true, that in the first word the n is spelled n, and in the second it is spelled ň?
And how to spell the n in Zuzanina?

User avatar
Riks
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 276
Joined: 2005-10-31, 14:34
Real Name: Richard B.
Country: SK Slovakia (Slovensko)
Contact:

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby Riks » 2009-04-08, 12:40

axaxaxasz mlö wrote:výborné - výborne (adjective vs. adverb)
Is it true, that in the first word the n is spelled n, and in the second it is spelled ň?
And how to spell the n in Zuzanina?
Yes, you wrote it correctly. ;) That word is spelled like "Zuzaňina".
Fluent: Slovak, Czech, English
Intermediate: German, Romanian
Basics: Hungarian, French, Swedish


riks@jabbim.sk

User avatar
axaxaxasz mlö
Posts: 355
Joined: 2007-12-18, 20:35
Gender: male
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)
Contact:

Re: Practise Slovak language

Postby axaxaxasz mlö » 2009-04-08, 14:13

Ďakujem. :)


Return to “Slovak (Slovenský)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest