Slovak Language in general

UNI-Lukas

Postby UNI-Lukas » 2006-11-15, 16:36

Oh sorry Oleksij, for some strange reason I didn't see your question, it wasn't intentional... But as it's already been answered, that's all I needed to say :wink:
[flag]sk[/flag] [flag]cs[/flag] [flag]en[/flag] [flag]de[/flag] [flag]es[/flag] [flag]nl[/flag] [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]el[/flag]

gothwolf
Language Forum Moderator

Postby gothwolf » 2006-12-03, 11:57

Hello... I received a Slovak song from one Slovak-girl and also I have the text of the song. I can't speak Slovak but I think I've understood everything, thanks to Slavonic propinquity...
And here is the refrain:

"Chcem počuť tvoj hlas, chcem hľadiť ti vlasy, chcem nájsť tvoje šťastie, chcem žiť len z krásy. Chcem cítiť tvoju lásku, chcem počuť tvoj smiech, chcem milovať ťa veď to nie je hriech."

And this is my translation:

"I want hear your voice, I want to caress your hair, I want to find your happiness, I want to live with your beauties. I want to feel your love, I want to hear your laugh, I want to love you, untill this is no sin..."

Have I understood correctly or no...?
thanks...

duko

Postby duko » 2006-12-04, 11:54

Hi Gothwolf, you got it almost right, bravo! Slovak is really not that close to Bulgarian.
One problem is pairing Slovak "veď" with English "until". Veď is hard to translate the way it is used here, it's the imperative form of vediet' (to know), and the closest translation to English I can think of would be "after all".
The other one is the ending of the first sentence - I want to live only with beauty (no air, no water, no food - only beauty :D )

I want hear your voice, I want to caress your hair, I want to find your happiness, I want to live with your beauties. I want to feel your love, I want to hear your laugh, I want to love you, after all it is not a sin

Da opitam sega i na Bylgraski:

Iskam da chuvam tvojat glas, iskam da ti galja kosata, iskam da namerja tvojto shtastie, iskam da zhiveja samo ot krasota. Iskam da chuvstvuvam tvojta ljubov, iskam da chuvam tvojat smjah, iskam da te obicham che ne e grjah
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

gothwolf
Language Forum Moderator

Postby gothwolf » 2006-12-06, 16:04

hehe... Thank you... But you have some mistakes in the Bulgarian translation, too ;)

Iskam da chuvam tvojat glas... "Tvoja glas" is in Accusative and therefore you must use short article... "Glas" is the object of the verb, not the subject...
The same is with "iskam da chuvam tvojat smjah"

And also the form of the verb "feel" for 1p. sg. is "chuvstvam", not "chuvstvuvam"... The second is now an archaism...
:wink:

duko

Postby duko » 2006-12-06, 16:22

Ahaaa, all clear, the short article rule applies to adjectives as well.
I always used chuvstvuvam, hmm nobody bothered to correct it. "Useshtam" wouldn't be qute right here, is it?
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

gothwolf
Language Forum Moderator

Postby gothwolf » 2006-12-07, 12:58

Hi, Duko...
Yes, in this case you can use "useshtam" (усещам, too... Here they are synonyms...
About the form "chuvstvuvam" you can find it in old books... My mother used to use "chuvstvuvam" (чувствувам), but times ago... Now we all use the form "chuvstam" (чувствам)

p.s. sorry for the big 'offtopic'

and next time - let's discuss such questions in the Bulgarian-forum :lol:

Return to “Slovak (Slovenský)”