Mutusen sa učí slovenčinu

UNI-Lukas
Re: Mutusen sa učí slovenčinu

Postby UNI-Lukas » 2011-06-27, 20:01

Zvčajne budeš počuť/používať "zviera". "Živočích" je viac odborný názor - nájdeš ho skôr v encyklopédiach, náučných knihách, odborných kontextoch. Živočích je niečo ako posh/fancy verzia slova "zviera" :)

You will usually hear/use "zviera". "Živočích" is more of a technical word - you are more likely to see it in encyclopaedias, coursebooks, technical contexts. Živočích is something like a posh/fancy version of "zviera" :)
[flag]sk[/flag] [flag]cs[/flag] [flag]en[/flag] [flag]de[/flag] [flag]es[/flag] [flag]nl[/flag] [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]el[/flag]

Mutusen

Postby Mutusen » 2011-07-09, 15:51

Ahojte,

Tu je citát z inej diskusie.

Polonus wrote:
Oleksij wrote:
Not necessarily - they can also take accusative. Both 'chcę wody' and 'chcę wodę' are grammatically correct [to me].

Oh it's a different problem. Compare;

1) Dajcie mi chleb (Give me the bread = all of it)
2) Dajcie mi chleba (Give me some bread) - genetive in the partitive function.

Je tu možno aj v slovenčine? Je spravné „Daj mi chleba“?
„Koľko jazykov vieš, toľkokrát si človekom.“

UNI-Lukas

Postby UNI-Lukas » 2011-07-14, 9:52

Uhm..right..I've been putting off answering this question for quite a while now...simply because I'm not 100% sure of the correct answer. But to put it simply - yes, when you say "daj mi chleba" it kind of indicates that you want a slice/few slices of bread, whereas if you say "daj mi ten chlieb!" it sounds as if you wanted the whole bread... HOWEVER, I don't think the use of this variation is as strict as in Polish. If you say "daj mi chlieb" instead of "daj mi chleba" I can guarantee you won't have any problems being understood. People kind of use the two interchangeably anyway.

If you ask a random Slovak person "What's the difference between 'daj mi chlieb' a 'daj mi chleba' chances are they won't be able to tell you the difference.

Hope that helps a little. :?
[flag]sk[/flag] [flag]cs[/flag] [flag]en[/flag] [flag]de[/flag] [flag]es[/flag] [flag]nl[/flag] [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]el[/flag]

Return to “Slovak (Slovenský)”