I need help with a constructed language

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

Axi
I need help with a constructed language

Postby Axi » 2016-09-08, 18:34

Hi there, I am trying to build a language so I can translate all of the books and virtual docs I have about martial arts and fighting sports, from Russian, English, Magyar and Romanian .
The structure is : subject — (object) — verb , and (quantifiers —) noun (— adjectives) .
I want to make it as simple as possible to speak it, so I was thinking of having the words mostly from vowels, or consonant-vowel-consonant-vowel-et cetera. never having two consonants one after another.
Also the language should have a lot of words for movements, for example there are hundreads of ways you can strike with your fists and it should be a separate simple word for each type of punch or kick not some complicated composed long word.

The best thing to do is to use a lot of words from French, Greek, Japanese, Spanish and Korean. So if anyone know this languages please let me know.

razlem

Re: I need help with a constructed language

Postby razlem » 2016-09-09, 10:17

Hi! Welcome to the forum! :mrgreen:

It looks like you have a general idea of what you want, which is great! My recommendation for your next step would be to choose the specific sounds that you want for your language. It is best to use symbols from this list so that everyone knows exactly which sound you're talking about.

Do you have ideas about the grammar besides word order?
American English (en-us)::German (de)::Standard Spanish (es) Swedish (sv) Mandarin (zh)::Choctaw (cho) Finnish (fi) Irish (ir) Arabic (ar)
Image wia wi nehas-kolwatos lae angos! Check out my IAL Angos
Image Contributor to the Houma Language Project
I have a YouTube channel! I talk about languages and stuff: Ben DuMonde

Return to “Conlangs”