Vowel harmony

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

Losam
Vowel harmony

Postby Losam » 2016-03-30, 1:11

I'm tried to find some information on the web about it. But, I'm not got the idea yet.
Do you know or have some examples of vowel harmony? Also, this it's really interesting thing in a language?

Feel free to correct me and give some trips. Thank you for your attention.

TheStrayCat
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Vowel harmony

Postby TheStrayCat » 2016-03-30, 2:08

Hi!

The Wikipedia article gives a pretty comprehensive overview, with enough examples, like for Hungarian and Turkish. Is it what you're looking for?

As to whether it's interesting, your question is a bit subjective. To me it was an intriguing thing when I started learning Turkish, for others it might nothing special.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2016-03-30, 2:58

I think metaphony is as interesting as full-blown vowel harmony but it seems less popular among conlangers.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Ashucky

Postby Ashucky » 2016-03-31, 23:59

mod

Please do not create a new thread to ask such simple questions. Use either this thread or this thread, or check this thread instead before asking as it might give you an answer already.

Thanks for understanding. This thread will now be locked.
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

Return to “Conlangs”