Ălӕka (New Conlang)

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

toogletoggle
Ălӕka (New Conlang)

Postby toogletoggle » 2016-03-22, 21:33

Ok, so if you have seen the thread on Ylzvangwj Jyšynta, you know it's on hold. However, I have now worked on a new conlang, Ălӕka [aulaika].

Ălӕka is meant to be very liquid-sounding, so there are only 3 plosives (which are somewhat rare) and the only fricative is /h/. The rest of the sounds are vowels, diphthongs, approximates, nasals, and a rhotic. Here's the alphabet:

<a ă æ o œ e i u y yh w wh l r n ñ m p t k>
/a au ai o oi e i u j j̊ w ʍ l r~ɾ n ɲ m p t k/

There's also an alphabet completely in ASCII (ONLY USED IF NO OTHER OPTION/can't type other than in ASCII):

<a au ae o oe e i u y yh w wh l r n ny m p t k>

There are 2 noun cases: 1 for the subject and 1 for the object. Defáult to the SUB case. In a dictionary, for nouns it would say the SUB and then have the OBJ in parentheses. For example (in an Ălӕka to English dictionary):

Ălӕka (Œlako) n.: Aulaeka, a constructed language created by Byron López Ellington, starting in 2016.

I have a google doc on it, but I can't figure out how to link it. I will when I figure it out.

Any comments/criticisms/suggestions?
meow

linguoboy

Re: Ălӕka (New Conlang)

Postby linguoboy » 2016-03-22, 21:51

Could you elaborate on the relationships between subject and object inflection?
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Return to “Conlangs”