Deyryck/Dèyrik

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

Aquila Ex Machina
Re: Deyryck/Dèyrik

Postby Aquila Ex Machina » 2016-12-18, 13:03

Composition

Introduction :

In deyryck, the composition is almost the same thing as the syntax. So why do I call it differently? First of all, because I try to use the words that are used in the deyryck language instead of ours. And also because the way it works is a little different.
So how does it work? It's simply an addition of the following "zones" : the context, the target, the heart, the goal and, possibly, the reaction. (In this order exactly)
Let's see in details what these are.

Context (optional) :

The context is an optional zone indicating the context of the action.

Here's an exemple :

Métapôn ik'a
I'm coming tomorrow.

Métapôn rako métapa isérana'
Yesterday, I thought she would come tomorrow.

Here tomorrow is what I call a leveled context.

Target (optional) :

The target is an optional zone indicating the target of the action.

Here's an exemple :

Ti iléko da
I like you.

There might be leveled targets as well. What's new is that there are contextual target. It's simply a context inner target :

Ra tsprah ni irama'
I'm watching when you speak with her.

Heart :

The heart is the essential part of the sentence. It's the heart that contain the action of the sentence. In deyryck, the subject of the action is basically an adjective to the action itself. So it is part of the heart.
So, most of the time, the heart is the subject of the sentence plus all the verbs.

Example :

Ti mitay ro ata misaka'
You and I are happy to help him.

As you can see, most of the sentence is part of the heart here.
You almost never use the verb "to be" in deyryck, which means that every sentence containing it includes both this verb and what comes after in the heart.

You can also see that the heart is split and is not entirely at the end of the sentence. That's because of the use of "mi". This is called a synthesizer, I'll talk about it a little later.

Example :

Ihar'maatam da
I'm a raccoon.

You can also have contextual heart, such as :

Tibézea ni kéénaoméoiha'
When you leave, the door often stays open.

And the leveled heart is a little different but easy to understand :

Tko ilya
I want you to go.

Goal :

If you understood every other part of the composition you might wonder what's left. Yet, the goal is not an optional part of the composition.
In fact, a correct sentence in deyryck is supposed to be at least heart+goal. So what is it?
The goal is something, at the end of the sentence, indicating the goal you have in saying this or the goal of the action itself (rarely). Most of the time it'll juste be "a" or "da".
"A" is a neutral goal indicating you're saying this sentence simply in order to say it. You don't really clarify any goal. But you will see that there are many many different possible goals.
For now, let's just say that the goal is the ponctuation of the sentence.

Reaction (optional) :

Reaction in an optional and quite rare part of the composition. It is introduced by marrying the goal (which means nothing to you right now, that's normal).
It's there to introduce the reaction to the action of what's out of the action. There's no proper equivalent in English.
Lag ta lag é kén ta kén é i tay lag é

Return to “Conlangs”