Modern Zacian (Ζάκικα γλώσα)

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

Iparxi_Zoi
Modern Zacian (Ζάκικα γλώσα)

Postby Iparxi_Zoi » 2015-05-07, 10:59

I have recently started to develop the modern version of my PIE conlang, Zacian. Unlike its ancient predecessor, modern Zacian does not have grammatical gender, although it does have grammatical case, and the cases have been dramatically reduced to 3. Verbs have been more conservative, preserving the present, imperfect, and aorist tenses and all three moods from Ancient Zacian, plus the addition of a conditional mood.

It's written with the Greek alphabet:
Vowels-
Αα /a/
Εε /e/
Ιι, Ηη /i/
Οο, Ωω /o/
Υυ /u/

Nasals-
Μμ /m/
Νν /n/
νν /ɲ/
γ/ŋ/ (before velars)

Plosives-
Ππ /p/
Ττ /t/
Κκ /k/ and /ʧ/ before front vowels

Fricatives-
Φφ /f/
Ββ /v/
Θθ /θ/
Δδ /ð/
Σσς /s/
Ζζ /z/
Χχ /x/ and /ʃ/ before front vowels
Γγ /ɣ/ and /ʒ/ before front vowels

Liquids-
Ρρ /r/
Λλ /l/

Voiced fricatives become voiced plosives after nasal consonants and, in the case of /ð/, after a lateral consonant.
Native/Mis lenguas maternas: [flag=español mexicano (Mexican Spanish)]es-MX[/flag] [flag=español (Spanish)]es[/flag] American English (en-US) English (en)
Advanced (I hope)/Espero que no se me olvide: [flag=français (French)]fr[/flag]
In love with/Me encantan: [flag=ελληνικά (Greek)]el[/flag] [flag=português (Portuguese)]pt[/flag]
Also intested in/También me interesarían: [flag=العربية (Arabic)]ar[/flag] [flag=italiano (Italian)]it[/flag] [flag=Türkçe (Turkish)]tr[/flag]

Iparxi_Zoi

Re: Modern Zacian (Ζάκικα γλώσα)

Postby Iparxi_Zoi » 2015-05-07, 11:09

Nouns

Nouns have three declensions: a α-stem declension, a ο-stem declension, and a ε-stem declension:

α-stem declension-

άγα rain

Nom./Acc. άγα άγας
Dat. άγε άγες
Gen. άγαχ άγαν

ο-stem declension-

πραθέτο proposal; preposition

Nom./Acc. πραθέτο πραθέτυς
Dat. πραθέτι πραθέτις
Gen. πραθέτυχ πραθέταν

ε-stem declension-

θοχτιέρε daughter

Nom./Acc. θοχτιέρε θοχτιέρες
Dat. θοχτιέρι θοχτιέρις
Gen. θοχτιέρεχ θοχτιέραν

Adjectives also decline, comparative are formed by adding the suffix -δρα to the stem and superlatives are made with the definite article and the comparative.

δρέα strong
δρεάδρα stronger
δα δρεάδρα strongest
Native/Mis lenguas maternas: [flag=español mexicano (Mexican Spanish)]es-MX[/flag] [flag=español (Spanish)]es[/flag] American English (en-US) English (en)
In love with/Me encantan: [flag=ελληνικά (Greek)]el[/flag] [flag=português (Portuguese)]pt[/flag]
Also intested in/También me interesarían: [flag=العربية (Arabic)]ar[/flag] [flag=italiano (Italian)]it[/flag] [flag=Türkçe (Turkish)]tr[/flag]

Iparxi_Zoi

Postby Iparxi_Zoi » 2015-05-07, 11:19

Verbs

Like many European languages, verbs are inflected per person and number. There are four voices: indicative, imperative, subjunctive, and conditional; five tenses/aspects: present, imperfect, aorist, perfect and future; three voices: active, mediopassive (reflexive verbs), and passive. Perfect and passive are expressed through periphrastic constructions.

Indicative Mood:

κάρα I love/amo
καρελέ I will love/amaré
καρεχά I used to love/amaba
κάρεσα I loved/amé
κάχα κάρεβα I have loved/he amado
ιέσα κάρεδα I am loved/soy amado

Subjunctive Mood:

κάρε that I love/ame or Greek ν'αγαπώ
καρεχέ that I love/amara; amase
κάρεσε that I love/amé or Greek ν'αγαπήσω

Iparxi_Zoi

Postby Iparxi_Zoi » 2015-05-28, 22:41

Pronouns

Nominative:

εζά I
ετύ you (inf. sing.)
οδά he/she/it
εβί we
εγιύ you (for.sing./pl.)
οδάς they

Accusative/Dative:

με/μι me
τε/τι you (inf. sing.)
δα/δε him/her/it
νας/νες us
βας/βες you (for.sing./pl.)
δας/δες them

Genitive:

μία my
τία your (inf. sing.)
σία his/her/its
νάχα our
βάχα yout (for.sing./pl.)
σία their

Genitive pronouns decline to agree in case & number with nouns.

Δασέ δα άστε δε συάνι μίε. Give the bone to my dog.

Return to “Conlangs”