Travelling to Bulgaria

Moderator:gothwolf

Levo
Travelling to Bulgaria

Postby Levo » 2007-07-24, 13:40

-Ria, -ria, Bulgária!

It is possible that we are going to Bulgaria this Summer for a few days to swim in the sea. By car.
But when I read all resources in the topic, they said one must pay a road-usage fee, a motorway-usage fee, a car-wash fee, a fee for crossing the bridge at Ruse for the car and per person right at the border, so it really doesn't seem too friendly, and not that cheap either.

Does anybody happen to know if all these rules are still valid in 2007, when Bulgaria is already member of EU?

Thank you very much in advance!

Æren

Postby Æren » 2007-07-24, 14:21

It's a bit out of the theme, but, where exactly are you going to the see, because I work as a receptionist at one hotel in Sozopol.
:<3: [flag=]pt [/flag] [flag=]es-ES [/flag] [flag=]fr [/flag]
:D [flag=]uk [/flag] [flag=]no[/flag] [flag=]lt[/flag] [flag=]de-AT[/flag]
:? [flag=]fa [/flag] [flag=]tl[/flag] [flag=]tr [/flag] [flag=]cs[/flag] [flag=]ja[/flag] [flag=]he [/flag]
:para: [flag=]ir [/flag] [flag=]hu [/flag]

ego

Postby ego » 2007-07-24, 14:37

Road fees were very popular in Eastern Europe in previous times, I don't know what's the situation now, but these fees were monstrous in Portugal too. Anyway, Bulgaria is really cheap, at least compared to Greece

Levo

Postby Levo » 2007-07-25, 10:20

Æren wrote:It's a bit out of the theme, but, where exactly are you going to the see, because I work as a receptionist at one hotel in Sozopol.

Well, we haven't decided yet, but I doubt we would go so down as Sozopol :( But if we did I'd ask for more information about that hotel :wink:
We will probably go to Várna (Varna). We have already been to Varna by train and we really liked it!
Actually, Bulgaria was a positive surprise for us (especially compared to the non-Hungarian part of Romania)

But now we are going by car, so I am wondering about those fees.

D39

Postby D39 » 2007-07-25, 11:55

So... it goes like this... u're travelling through Romania, no?

When u enter Romanian teritory... road tax at the border - dunno how much, maybe some 24 lei (6 Euros)/weekly ''Rovinieta''.

U get to Giurgiu... u pay 24 lei (6 Euros) the fee for crossing the bridge.
U arrive to Ruse border... u have to pay the ''vinetka'' - road tax - weekly one - 10 leva (5 Euros)
monthly - abt 24 leva (12 Euros)

and after that... it's all

And when u retunrn... 12 leva (6 Euros) the bridge tax at the Ruse border, and in Romania the road tax again (if the old one expired)

D39

Postby D39 » 2007-07-25, 12:02

Levo wrote: (especially compared to the non-Hungarian part of Romania)

BTW... no offence... but there simply doesn't exist a non-Hungarian part of Romania... we're all Romanians... though in some areas (only 3 out of 42 counties lives a majority of hungarians)... so... u're only 1,400,000 compared to the rest of abt 18,000,000 Romanians...

That means that Romania is Romanian and there is only a small part of less-Romnaian population. ;)

Levo

Postby Levo » 2007-07-27, 17:06

D39 wrote:
Levo wrote: (especially compared to the non-Hungarian part of Romania)

BTW... no offence... but there simply doesn't exist a non-Hungarian part of Romania... we're all Romanians... though in some areas (only 3 out of 42 counties lives a majority of hungarians)... so... u're only 1,400,000 compared to the rest of abt 18,000,000 Romanians...

That means that Romania is Romanian and there is only a small part of less-Romnaian population. ;)

Thank you for the answers. ...Öhm...if there are parts where Hungarians are in predominant majority then there are Hungarian parts. Not even to mention that I mean historically. Transylvania looked better than the traditionally Romanian parts at least in 2002. Sorry, no offence. :wink:

Return to “Bulgarian (Български)”