Yami language

Moderators:aaakknu, atalarikt

Massimiliano B
Yami language

Postby Massimiliano B » 2016-02-13, 18:42

There is a good site about the Yami language, a Malayo-Polynesian language spoken in the Orchid Island, near the southeastern coast of Taiwan. Here is the link:

http://yamiproject.cs.pu.edu.tw/elearn/index.php

atalarikt

Re: Yami language

Postby atalarikt » 2018-01-30, 21:10

Uh, could it be categorized as a Southeast Asian language, even though the place they live in is actually part of Taiwan?
وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافُ أَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَأَلْوَانِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِلْعَالِمِينَ۝
"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge." (Ar-Rum: 22)

Jika saya salah, mohon diperbaiki. If I make some mistake(s), please correct me.
Forever indebted to Robert A. Blust for his contributions to Austronesian linguistics

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-02-12, 17:09

atalarikt wrote:Uh, could it be categorized as a Southeast Asian language, even though the place they live in is actually part of Taiwan?

Well according to Wikipedia, it's a Malayo-Polynesian language and possibly a Philippine language. Also according to the Wikipedia entry for Southeast Asia, Taiwan is included in SE Asia by many anthropologists.
Native: (en-ca)
Active: (fr)(es)(pt-br)(ta-lk)(mi)(sq)(tl)
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-02-12, 17:32

Also according to the Wikipedia entry for Southeast Asia, Taiwan is included in SE Asia by many anthropologists.

Wait, really? Since when? :hmm:

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-02-12, 17:48

księżycowy wrote:
Also according to the Wikipedia entry for Southeast Asia, Taiwan is included in SE Asia by many anthropologists.

Wait, really? Since when? :hmm:

I don't know; just going by what I read. But I guess the tradition on here has been to talk about any Taiwanese languages in the Other Languages forum, even if they're about Austronesian languages?
Native: (en-ca)
Active: (fr)(es)(pt-br)(ta-lk)(mi)(sq)(tl)
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-02-12, 17:53

Hopefully that will soon change, but yes.

atalarikt

Postby atalarikt » 2018-02-17, 4:10

وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافُ أَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَأَلْوَانِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِلْعَالِمِينَ۝
"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge." (Ar-Rum: 22)

Jika saya salah, mohon diperbaiki. If I make some mistake(s), please correct me.
Forever indebted to Robert A. Blust for his contributions to Austronesian linguistics

Return to “Australian, Austronesian and Papuan Languages”