پاتریسلاو - فارسی (Patrislav)

Moderator:eskandar

Патрислав Андреевич
پاتریسلاو - فارسی (Patrislav)

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-07-24, 21:31

سلام، من پاتریسلاو هستم و این موضوع من برای فارسی است.

salâm, man pâtrislâv hastam u in mowzu' man barây-e fârsi ast.

---

So that was my first attempt... Hmm, I can't find any good dictionary that would provide transliterations, pronunciations or at least vowel marks. But I know it must exist, I'm just searching wrong. :lol:

So, how'd I do? :lol:

خدا حافظ!

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Re: پاتریسلاو - فارسی (Patrislav)

Postby eskandar » 2015-07-25, 0:50

Патрислав Андреевич wrote:salâm, man pâtrislâv hastam u va in mowzu'-e man barây-e fârsi ast.

Very good! Your sentence was written fine in Persian but needed some small corrections in transliteration. For a Persian>English dictionary that gives transliterations, Hayyim is a good one. If you're looking for a print dictionary I recommend this one which gives full transliteration for all words and is arranged by transliterated spelling rather than Persian spelling (very useful for beginners).
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

Патрислав Андреевич

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-07-25, 9:57

مرسی٬ اسکاندار! آن بسیار سودمند است. :yep: حظیظ‌ام که فارسی بسیار دشوار نیست٬ او زبان هندواروپایی است.

merci, eskândâr! ân besyar sud-mand ast. haziz-am ke fârsi besyar došvar nist, u zabân-e hendu-orupâyi ast.

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2015-07-25, 11:31

Патрислав Андреевич wrote:مرسی٬ اسکاندار اسکندر! آن بسیار سودمند است. :yep: حظیظ‌ام خوشبختم که فارسی بسیار دشوار نیست٬ او زبان هندواروپایی‌ای است.

merci, eskândâr eskandar! ân besyar sud-mand ast. haziz xošbaxt-am ke fârsi besyâr došvar nist, u zabân-e hendu-orupâyi-i ast.

Note: You probably got حظیظ from searching Hayyim. Unfortunately Hayyim is not that useful for English>Persian since it's a complete dictionary that tries to include every word that exists in Persian. حظیظ is a somewhat obscure word, sort of like using "fortuitous" in English when you mean "lucky/fortunate". The most common word to use here is خوشبخت . For going from English to Persian, I recommend Farsi123.

!موفق باشی

Патрислав Андреевич

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-07-31, 16:02

eskandar wrote:Note: You probably got حظیظ from searching Hayyim. Unfortunately Hayyim is not that useful for English>Persian since it's a complete dictionary that tries to include every word that exists in Persian. حظیظ is a somewhat obscure word, sort of like using "fortuitous" in English when you mean "lucky/fortunate". The most common word to use here is خوشبخت . For going from English to Persian, I recommend Farsi123.

!موفق باشی

!بَلِه، مُتشَكرَم

I finished the first TY Persian chapter, having learned greetings, goodbyes, and some nice phrases.

(Hopefully meaning "today I learned") :اِمروز ياد گِرِفتَم

Greetings and goodbyes
hello - سَلام
greetings, hi - دُرود
good morning - ṣobh bexeyr - صُبح بِخِير
good day - ruz bexeyr - روز بِخِير
good afternoon - ‘aṣr bexeyr - عَصر بِخِير
goodnight - šab bexeyr - شَب بِخِير
goodbye, farewell - xodâ ḥâfeẓ - خُدا حافِظ
God keep you safe (goodbye) - xodâ negahdâr - خُدا نِگَهدار

Addressing people
dear ... - جان ...
darling - عَزيزَم
Mr./Mrs. (with ezafe if before a name) - خانُم
Sir - آقا

Niceties and humility
please (I request from you), you're welcome - xâheš mi-konam - خواهِش مى کُنَم
please (if it's no trouble) - bi-zahmat - بى زَحمَت
please (if you'd be so kind) - loṭfan - لُطفَن
excuse me - bebaxšid - بِبَخشيد
pardon - ma’ẓerat mi xâham - مَعذِرَت مي خواهَم
here you are, what can I do for you - befarmâyid - بِفَرماييد
thank you (I'm grateful) - مُتشَکرَم
thanks - مَمنون
I'm grateful - سِپاسگُزارَم

I don't know why I listed all those new words here, I probably won't anymore. :lol:

خداحافظ، تا فردا (شايد)!

Mehrdad

Postby Mehrdad » 2015-07-31, 18:58

سلام پاتریسلاو , برایت آرزوی موفقیت می کنم.
آیا می دانی نام کشور شما در زبان فارسی چیست؟
ما به پولند "لهستان" می گوییم.

Helo Patrislav, I wish success for you.
Do you know what's the name of your country in Farsi?
We call Poland , "Lahestan".
Nobody knows exactly why. But it's said that there's been a tribe, clan or group of people in that area who were called "Lekh" , this word has changed to "Leh" in Turkish, borrowing it from them, we have changed it to "Lah" and added "estan" (that's a suffix, similar to "land", meaning "country of" or "area" ,such as Afghanistan ,Tajikestan,Englestan: [England])

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2015-07-31, 22:10

Патрислав Андреевич wrote:please (if you'd be so kind) - loṭfan - لُطفَن

This word is spelled لُطفاً and not with a ن . Otherwise everything looks good! :waytogo:

Патрислав Андреевич

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-07-31, 23:48

Mehrdad wrote:
سلام پاتریسلاو , برایت آرزوی موفقیت می کنم.
آیا می دانی نام کشور شما در زبان فارسی چیست؟
ما به پولند "لهستان" می گوییم.

بله، می‌دانم، اما ممنون. :)

Mehrdad wrote:Helo Patrislav, I wish success for you.
Do you know what's the name of your country in Farsi?
We call Poland , "Lahestan".
Nobody knows exactly why. But it's said that there's been a tribe, clan or group of people in that area who were called "Lekh" , this word has changed to "Leh" in Turkish, borrowing it from them, we have changed it to "Lah" and added "estan" (that's a suffix, similar to "land", meaning "country of" or "area" ,such as Afghanistan ,Tajikestan,Englestan: [England])

Yes, Lechia and related forms is an alternative name for Poland in several languages. It derives from the tribe of Lędzianie and the term Lechites is used to describe Polish tribes in the area. :)

eskandar wrote:
Патрислав Андреевич wrote:please (if you'd be so kind) - loṭfan - لُطفَن

This word is spelled لُطفاً and not with a ن . Otherwise everything looks good! :waytogo:

Ah, the Arabic tanwin, right. I need to pay attention to the spelling of Arabic borrowings. Is the tanwin written in the unvocalised texts too, though?

میشكرم!

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2015-08-01, 18:03

Патрислав Андреевич wrote:Ah, the Arabic tanwin, right. I need to pay attention to the spelling of Arabic borrowings. Is the tanwin written in the unvocalised texts too, though?
Persian texts are almost never vocalized, so the word is most often written as لطفا , though sometimes it may appear as لطفاً .

!میشكرم
!متشکرم :)

Патрислав Андреевич

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-08-01, 18:40

مرسی، اسکندر!

eskandar wrote:
!میشكرم
!متشکرم :)

:headbang: I still can't read the script that well, if I mistake ت for a ی. :lol: (And it's just naskh...)

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2015-08-01, 19:23

خواهش می‌کنم، پاتریسلاو
Don't get discouraged, it will become more and more familiar with time!

Michael

Postby Michael » 2015-08-04, 7:40

خدایا، یادم است آن روزگاری که جای تو بودم. برایم فارسی خیلی عجیب به نظر میآمد، ولی حالاها میدانم که دستور فارسی نسبتا آسان است—اصطلاحاتش است که پیچیدگی میدهد! موافق باشی…خیر، موافق خواهی بود. و خیلی حوشحالم که دانشجوی جدید فارسی باشد در این فروم!
American English (en-us) Neapolitan from Molise (nap) N Italian (it) B2 Spanish (es) Portuguese (pt) French (fr) Greek (el) Albanian (sq) B1 Polish (pl) Romanian (ro) A2 Azerbaijani (az) Turkish (tr) Old English (en_old) A1
„Çdo njeri është peng i veprave të veta.‟
Every human being is hostage to their own deeds.

Return to “Persian/Farsi (فارسی)”