Difficulty with writing Farsi.

Moderator:eskandar

alijsh
Re: Difficulty with writing Farsi.

Postby alijsh » 2006-11-17, 5:26

Archaic Spelling wrote:I am currently learning Farsi and am having a difficult time learning how to put the letters together. When to use a certain form. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I think a good practice is to press letters on your keyboard and watch them as they change shape based on their position.

Also take a look at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Arabic/Arabic_alphabet#Synthetic_table. I'll prepare a similar page for Persian soon.

DM

Postby DM » 2006-11-17, 10:19

sappling wrote:
As I explained in my previous post, the rule that you had followed for conjugation is correct.
خنده means laugh [not the verb 'to laugh', but 'laugh' in the sense: '...after a short laugh, he started to....']. In Farsi grammer خنده is called 'اسـم مصـدر' that literary means 'infinitive noun' of the verb
(I do not know what is the equivalent of 'اسـم مصـدر' in English :oops: ).

I believe that 'اسـم مصـدر' is what English speakers know as a gerund.

Thanks a lot sappling :D
بســیار ســفر باید تا پختـه شــود خامی

Psi-Lord

Re: Difficulty with writing Farsi.

Postby Psi-Lord » 2006-11-17, 10:29

alijsh wrote:Also take a look at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Arabic/Arabic_alphabet#Synthetic_table. I'll prepare a similar page for Persian soon.

We’ve got a similar chart at the Unilang Wiki, at [wiki]Persian pronunciation[/wiki] that might be useful. However, because of some problems that happened there once, some of the characters were messed up with changes in the encoding, and that still needs repairing.
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

Return to “Persian/Farsi (فارسی)”