Thanks

Ber

Re: Need Hindi Translation

Postby Ber » 2016-01-09, 21:24

जेल से रिहा होने वाला है।

Cobhai

Re: Need Hindi Translation

Postby Cobhai » 2016-01-10, 20:11

Thanks I also got very close Hindi translation here http://hindi.wordinn.com/sanjay+dutt+to ... +from+jail

israsimab

Re: English to Urdu translation help

Postby israsimab » 2016-04-16, 10:15

can someone translate this sentence in urdu
NEARLY ALL THE MAJOR ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS OF THE WORLD HAVE GROWN ALONG THE BANKS OF LARGE RIVER SYSTEM

Meera

Hindi/Urdu Translation Requests

Postby Meera » 2016-04-25, 19:17

Hello All! On this forum we are starting to get a lot "Please translate this into Hindi/Urdu" topics and I think it would be better to have all of these requests in one place! So please place any of your Hindi/Urdu translation requests in here.
Thank you!
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

adnan

Re: Hindi/Urdu Translation Requests

Postby adnan » 2016-05-05, 8:04

Please translate these in Urdu or Hindi.

1. to succeed in doing something, especially something that you have been trying to do for a period of time

2. His job was to achieve the release of the hostages, a task he successfully accomplished.
3. We didn’t accomplish much at work this week.

Ber

Postby Ber » 2016-05-12, 19:08

Here is my Hindi translation.
adnan wrote:1. to succeed in doing something, especially something that you have been trying to do for a period of time

किसी काम में सफल होना, ख़ास के एक ऐसे काम में जो आप लंबे समय से करने की कोशिश कर रहे थे।

2. His job was to achieve the release of the hostages, a task he successfully accomplished.

उसका काम था बंधकों को रिहा करना, एक काम जो उसने सफलता से निभाया।

इस हफ़्ते हमने काम पे ज़्यादा कुछ नहीं किया।

adnan

Postby adnan » 2016-05-19, 11:06

Ber wrote:Here is my Hindi translation.
adnan wrote:1. to succeed in doing something, especially something that you have been trying to do for a period of time

किसी काम में सफल होना, ख़ास के एक ऐसे काम में जो आप लंबे समय से करने की कोशिश कर रहे थे।

उसका काम था बंधकों को रिहा करना, एक काम जो उसने सफलता से निभाया।

इस हफ़्ते हमने काम पे ज़्यादा कुछ नहीं किया।

Thank you very much. I don't know Hindi script. Please write it using English alphabet (English alphabet ko use kr ke likh do).

Ber

Postby Ber » 2016-05-21, 12:51

adnan wrote:Thank you very much. I don't know Hindi script. Please write it using English alphabet (English alphabet ko use kr ke likh do).

OK.

Kisii kaam men saphal honaa, khaas ke ek aise kaam men jo aap lambe samay se karne kii koshish kar rahe the.

Uskaa kaam thaa bandhakon ko rihaa karnaa, ek kaam jo usne saphaltaa se nibhaayaa.

Is hafte hamne kaam pe zyaadaa kuchh nahiin kiyaa.

johnandrew

Postby johnandrew » 2016-06-13, 13:10

Ber wrote:
adnan wrote:Thank you very much. I don't know Hindi script. Please write it using English alphabet (English alphabet ko use kr ke likh do).

OK.

Kisii kaam men saphal honaa, khaas ke ek aise kaam men jo aap lambe samay se karne kii koshish kar rahe the.

Uskaa kaam thaa bandhakon ko rihaa karnaa, ek kaam jo usne saphaltaa se nibhaayaa.

Is hafte hamne kaam pe zyaadaa kuchh nahiin kiyaa.

If in Hindi, it would be jyaadaa(more) instead of zyaadaa right?

Ber

Postby Ber » 2016-06-13, 16:26

johnandrew wrote:If in Hindi, it would be jyaadaa(more) instead of zyaadaa right?

No. Jyaadaa is a (often heard) mispronunciation of zyaadaa, not a "more Hindi" form. The sanskritic equivalent of this word is "adhik", though I don't know if it happens to be used in this expression.

pooriansari

Postby pooriansari » 2016-07-03, 9:23

hello I have an mp3 file that has a voice some person speaking something like omoomi au dedaso fa khedmatke karkavoonke http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 2334169139 I dont know what language it is but I guessed it must be indian . any help?

Nathan

Postby Nathan » 2016-09-11, 16:09

Dear urdu language community,

I am an amateur of islamic culture and artefacts, especially sacred scriptures. In Kashmir, I bought a very old stone with calligraphy on one side, and what appears to be a lotus flower on the other side.

I am trying to solve the mystery of its use and meaning. I have noticed that the stone must have been used for some kind of ritual, as the lotus flower center and petals are more used than the rest of the stone, as if someone used to break something (nuts?) on it, or make some kind of powder (but there is no trace of it). I am writing to you because to solve the mystery I need your help to understand the calligraphy side. I am quite sure it is urdu, as I have recognized few letters, and Mughals have conquered Kashmir in 1585:

in the first line: sin (?) / ? / ?
in the second line: nūn / alif (?) / ze / re / alif

I have tried to put the calligraphy on paper, but I can't be sure I succeed to respect every gliph. Anyone here could help with the translation?

Many thanks for your precious help. I would be really grateful. Long live the internet.

Nathan

nb84

Re: "caca" in urdu?

Postby nb84 » 2016-09-13, 7:44

hi! thanks for reading. simple question:

my neighbor emigrated from pakistan and has 2 very young sons. lately when i pass by their apartment the 2 children have been saying:

"hello caca" to me over and over again...(phonetically)

does this have the same meaning as the arabic word? (poop?) or does this have an entirely different meaning in Urdu, or other dialects?... pretty sure they're insulting me, but i want to give them the benefit of the doubt. thanks.

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2016-09-13, 19:35

"Kaka" means "uncle" and is a respectful term to address a man a bit older than you in Urdu. It has no negative connotation.
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

smoosa

Postby smoosa » 2016-11-02, 18:12

Hi

Please can someone translate the line below to English?

Thank you so much!

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-03-17, 5:41

israsimab wrote:can someone translate this sentence in urdu
NEARLY ALL THE MAJOR ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS OF THE WORLD HAVE GROWN ALONG THE BANKS OF LARGE RIVER SYSTEM

I can try. :)

دنیا کے تقریباً سب سی اہم پارنی تہذیباں بڑے انتظام دریا کے کناروں پر بڑی ہوئی ہیں.

pooriansari wrote:hello I have an mp3 file that has a voice some person speaking something like omoomi au dedaso fa khedmatke karkavoonke http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 2334169139 I dont know what language it is but I guessed it must be indian . any help?

It sounds to me more like it might be Pashto or maybe another language spoken near Afghanistan, like Balochi.

Meera, does this sound like Pashto to you at all?
Nathan wrote:Dear urdu language community,

I am an amateur of islamic culture and artefacts[...] I am quite sure it is urdu, as I have recognized few letters, and Mughals have conquered Kashmir in 1585:

Then it would probably be in Persian, not Urdu. I think it might say عمل ارزاں with some decorative illustrations at the top. I'm not sure what that means, though.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2017-07-12, 16:14

I'm not sure if it is Pashto because I can't hear the file :( It won't download.
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2017-07-12, 18:37

vijayjohn wrote:
pooriansari wrote:hello I have an mp3 file that has a voice some person speaking something like omoomi au dedaso fa khedmatke karkavoonke http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 2334169139 I dont know what language it is but I guessed it must be indian . any help?

It sounds to me more like it might be Pashto or maybe another language spoken near Afghanistan, like Balochi.

Definitely Pashto.
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

Broken Wolf

Postby Broken Wolf » 2017-08-24, 11:48

Can I please get this quote in Hindi?

"We Be Of One Blood, You And I"

Thank you in advance. :)

Return to “Hindi/Urdu (हिन्दी/اُردو)”