Movie dialogue

Moderator:Aurinĭa

Brus
Movie dialogue

Postby Brus » 2014-07-07, 23:48

I'm trying to make out a bit of Afrikaans by "PK" in the movie "The Power of One". It's at 8:47 of this clip below. It begins "Mag ek jou dogter Maria Elisabeth ..." but I can't make out the next few words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwK_GZ-oqZM

Weerwolf

Re: Movie dialogue

Postby Weerwolf » 2014-07-08, 13:05

Brus wrote:I'm trying to make out a bit of Afrikaans by "PK" in the movie "The Power of One". It's at 8:47 of this clip below. It begins "Mag ek jou dogter Maria Elisabeth ..." but I can't make out the next few words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwK_GZ-oqZM

It's a pity the audio is quite poor in the video, but I hear something like: "Mag ek jou dogter Maria Elisabeth sien asseblief?" in English "May I go out with your daughter?" or something similar.
In het middelpunt staan: [flag=]nl[/flag] [flag=]nl-BE[/flag] [flag=]af[/flag] [flag=]de[/flag][flag=]hr[/flag] [flag=]sr[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] [flag=]pl[/flag]
Heel hartelijk bedankt voor elke hulp!
Ich bin für jede Verbesserung dankbar.

Минден кездет нехез.

Brus

Postby Brus » 2014-07-09, 12:06

Weerwolf wrote:It's a pity the audio is quite poor in the video, but I hear something like: "Mag ek jou dogter Maria Elisabeth sien asseblief?" in English "May I go out with your daughter?" or something similar.

It's not just the video, I have the DVD at home, and it's hard to hear because he talks so fast and she talks over his last few words.

But, listening again, I think you've nailed it, and it makes sense in the context.

Weerwolf

Postby Weerwolf » 2014-07-09, 17:11

Brus wrote:
Weerwolf wrote:It's a pity the audio is quite poor in the video, but I hear something like: "Mag ek jou dogter Maria Elisabeth sien asseblief?" in English "May I go out with your daughter?" or something similar.

It's not just the video, I have the DVD at home, and it's hard to hear because he talks so fast and she talks over his last few words.

But, listening again, I think you've nailed it, and it makes sense in the context.

I'm glad I could help. I watched it at least 10 times, almost on maximum volume to find out what the guy was saying. :D
In het middelpunt staan: [flag=]nl[/flag] [flag=]nl-BE[/flag] [flag=]af[/flag] [flag=]de[/flag][flag=]hr[/flag] [flag=]sr[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] [flag=]pl[/flag]
Heel hartelijk bedankt voor elke hulp!
Ich bin für jede Verbesserung dankbar.

Минден кездет нехез.

Return to “Afrikaans”