Link collection / Nuorodų rinkinys

User avatar
Liisi
Posts: 1370
Joined: 2004-06-07, 9:08
Gender: female
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)

Link collection / Nuorodų rinkinys

Postby Liisi » 2005-04-06, 7:27

In this thread we can share Internet links that help you learn Lithuanian language. I start by posting the ones that have been mentioned so far and adding some new ones.

Language lessons

Debesėlis: A new growing website, with grammar lessons, pronunciation, phrases, vocabulary, forum and friendly people
Lituania en castellano: Lithuanian resources complete with a language course (in Spanish)

Dictionaries and phrasebooks:

Alkonas: English-Lithuanian-English dictionary online
Downloadable dictionaries in several languages
Modern Lithuanian Dictionary
Kaip tai pasakyti lietuviškai? Phrases and audio files (in Russian)*
Lingva Prismo: Phrases and audio files
Мультиязыковой проект Ильи Франка: Includes a downloadable Lithuanian-Russian-Polish phrasebook (in Russian)
Vilna.info: Finnish-Lithuanian vocabulary** ;)

Information about Lithuanian language and its history:

Gerbkime žodį (in Lithuanian)
Lituanus: History of the language
Lietuvos.net
Virtual calendar: Etymology of names (in Lithuanian)

Lithuanian literature:

Katekizmas: Archive of Lithuanian literature
Lithuanian Classic Literature Anthology
Lithuanian tales with translations into English
Wordtheque: Lithuanian tales

Other:

English-Lithuanian Vocabulary Quizzes

* Typos:
Prašau atnešti [s]sąskaita[/s] sąskaitą.
[s]Gelbėkita[/s] Gelbėkite.
[s]Iškvieskitte[/s] Iškvieskite greitąją pagalbą.

** Typos:
Juusto = [s]suris[/s] sūris
Peruna = [s]bulve[/s] bulvė
Last edited by Liisi on 2006-12-30, 17:29, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
E}{pugnator
Posts: 2073
Joined: 2002-06-24, 17:27
Real Name: Expug
Gender: male
Location: Vitoria da Conquista (living in Belo Horizonte)
Country: BR Brazil (Brasil)

Postby E}{pugnator » 2005-04-06, 11:23

http://courses.washington.edu/lith/course/view.php?id=7 A complete course (you have to sign up for free).
Learning Georgian, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Papiamentu from scratch. Trying to brush up my Norwegian up to an advanced level.

User avatar
E}{pugnator
Posts: 2073
Joined: 2002-06-24, 17:27
Real Name: Expug
Gender: male
Location: Vitoria da Conquista (living in Belo Horizonte)
Country: BR Brazil (Brasil)

Postby E}{pugnator » 2005-04-06, 11:32

http://www.thelithuanians.com/page4.html - audio lessons, link to a mailing list and other resources.
Learning Georgian, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Papiamentu from scratch. Trying to brush up my Norwegian up to an advanced level.

User avatar
Mantaz
Posts: 1527
Joined: 2004-12-29, 19:22
Real Name: Mantas Indrašius
Gender: male
Location: Tallinn, EE
Country: LT Lithuania (Lietuva)
Contact:

Postby Mantaz » 2005-04-06, 14:31

That just great, thanks for posting this :P

User avatar
E}{pugnator
Posts: 2073
Joined: 2002-06-24, 17:27
Real Name: Expug
Gender: male
Location: Vitoria da Conquista (living in Belo Horizonte)
Country: BR Brazil (Brasil)

Postby E}{pugnator » 2005-04-06, 19:20

A brand new link with lessons! Just found it!

http://www.slic.org.au/Language/LLL_index.swf - Many lessons for beginners. It takes time to load, because it is made of heavy Flash presentations.


Yay! Lithuanian is becoming important! :D
Learning Georgian, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Papiamentu from scratch. Trying to brush up my Norwegian up to an advanced level.

User avatar
egidijus
Posts: 102
Joined: 2004-09-04, 20:13
Gender: female
Location: Taurage
Country: LT Lithuania (Lietuva)

Postby egidijus » 2005-09-22, 14:22

I want to post you some lithuanian newspapers, to read and to know what happens interesting in Lithuania.

Lietuvos rytas- the biggest and most popular newspaper in Lithuania http://www.lrytas.lt/
Ekstra žinios http://www.ekstrazinios.lt/

User avatar
vicza
Posts: 1276
Joined: 2005-04-25, 23:03
Gender: male
Location: Moscow
Country: RU Russia (Российская Федерация)

Postby vicza » 2005-09-28, 16:14

Wenn jemand versteht die deutsche Sprache, gibt es einige Information inbezug auf die Grammatik von Litauisch in dieser Seite:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litauische ... #Grammatik
Obwohl kurz ist, aber glaube ich, dass diese Information zwischen litauischen Grammatikseiten gesamtest ist. (Mano vokiečių kalba tiesog košmariška, tačiau tikiuosi, kad yra suprantama, ką norėjau pasakyti.) :)

Who doesn't understand German, can nonetheless use tables from this site:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litauische ... #Grammatik
I think, it's most full collection of grammatical tables (Lithuanian, of course) in one (internet) place. :)

User avatar
icekemia
Posts: 12
Joined: 2005-10-10, 10:01
Gender: male
Location: Milano - Italy
Country: IT Italy (Italia)
Contact:

Postby icekemia » 2005-10-10, 10:04

i add my website in these list :)
it's first lithuanian course for italians

http://www.italietuva.com/index.php?opt ... 89&lang=it

User avatar
Mantaz
Posts: 1527
Joined: 2004-12-29, 19:22
Real Name: Mantas Indrašius
Gender: male
Location: Tallinn, EE
Country: LT Lithuania (Lietuva)
Contact:

Postby Mantaz » 2005-10-10, 12:37

Great, thanks for sharing :)

User avatar
desper
Posts: 205
Joined: 2005-08-22, 18:27
Location: none

Postby desper » 2005-10-11, 17:13

Velnias, jei tas vokiškas Wikipedia puslapis yra didžiausias surandamas puslapis apie lietuvių gramatiką internete, kažkas tikrai ne taip..

User avatar
vicza
Posts: 1276
Joined: 2005-04-25, 23:03
Gender: male
Location: Moscow
Country: RU Russia (Российская Федерация)

Postby vicza » 2005-10-11, 21:55

desper wrote:Velnias, jei tas vokiškas Wikipedia puslapis yra didžiausias surandamas puslapis apie lietuvių gramatiką internete, kažkas tikrai ne taip..

Ne, dabar jau tas itališkas tinklapis yra, apie kurį icekemia parašė. Ten, kaip aš galiu matyti, dar daugiau informacijos. Gaila tik, kad itališkai. :)

User avatar
Liisi
Posts: 1370
Joined: 2004-06-07, 9:08
Gender: female
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)

Postby Liisi » 2005-11-09, 11:13

I remember seeing an online Lithuanian dictionary, where you can write for example valgiau, and the dictionary explains it's the 1st person singular past tense from the verb valgyti. But I don't remember the address or even the name of the dictionary :(... can anyone help me?
I appreciate corrections to my mistakes in any language.

User avatar
Abavagada
Posts: 2521
Joined: 2002-06-21, 2:26
Real Name: Erik Zidowecki
Gender: male
Location: Ocean Park
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Postby Abavagada » 2006-04-24, 22:17

I am starting to learn Lithuanian (I'm half Lithuanian, a few generations removed, on my fathers side).

I will be pulling together some resources, and wanted to start by creating a portal we can use for the site we find. This is what I have so far (with the links in this thread and a few more). I haven't added graphics for them all yet.. tell me what you think first.

http://www.abavagada.net/lith/portal.htm

Ačiū,

Erik / Aba
"Internet killed the video star. Telepathy killed the internet star." - Men Without Hats
Parleremo - Where Languages Live! http://www.parleremo.org

User avatar
Mantaz
Posts: 1527
Joined: 2004-12-29, 19:22
Real Name: Mantas Indrašius
Gender: male
Location: Tallinn, EE
Country: LT Lithuania (Lietuva)
Contact:

Postby Mantaz » 2006-04-25, 6:06

Abavagada wrote:I am starting to learn Lithuanian (I'm half Lithuanian, a few generations removed, on my fathers side).

I will be pulling together some resources, and wanted to start by creating a portal we can use for the site we find. This is what I have so far (with the links in this thread and a few more). I haven't added graphics for them all yet.. tell me what you think first.

http://www.abavagada.net/lith/portal.htm

Ačiū,

Erik / Aba


Hey, nice to hear that ;) If you have any questions concerning the language, please post them in this forum. Good luck!

User avatar
Abavagada
Posts: 2521
Joined: 2002-06-21, 2:26
Real Name: Erik Zidowecki
Gender: male
Location: Ocean Park
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Postby Abavagada » 2006-04-25, 13:11

Mantaz wrote:
Abavagada wrote:I am starting to learn Lithuanian (I'm half Lithuanian, a few generations removed, on my fathers side).

I will be pulling together some resources, and wanted to start by creating a portal we can use for the site we find. This is what I have so far (with the links in this thread and a few more). I haven't added graphics for them all yet.. tell me what you think first.

http://www.abavagada.net/lith/portal.htm

Ačiū,

Erik / Aba


Hey, nice to hear that ;) If you have any questions concerning the language, please post them in this forum. Good luck!


Thanks. Two questions right off, about resources:

1) How does the portal that I am making look so far, and what changes would you make?

2) Who added the introduction to the Lithuanian in the UniLang Wiki? I noticed it is the same as wikibooks, and I was wondering which was copied from which.

http://home.unilang.org/wiki3/index.php ... n_language

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Guide_to_l ... n_language

Erik / Aba
"Internet killed the video star. Telepathy killed the internet star." - Men Without Hats
Parleremo - Where Languages Live! http://www.parleremo.org

User avatar
desper
Posts: 205
Joined: 2005-08-22, 18:27
Location: none

Postby desper » 2006-04-25, 14:28

2) The wikibooks was copied from this one. The material is not copyright anyway so it's okay...

User avatar
Abavagada
Posts: 2521
Joined: 2002-06-21, 2:26
Real Name: Erik Zidowecki
Gender: male
Location: Ocean Park
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Postby Abavagada » 2006-04-25, 17:20

desper wrote:2) The wikibooks was copied from this one. The material is not copyright anyway so it's okay...


Thanks.

Erik / Aba
"Internet killed the video star. Telepathy killed the internet star." - Men Without Hats
Parleremo - Where Languages Live! http://www.parleremo.org

User avatar
Mantaz
Posts: 1527
Joined: 2004-12-29, 19:22
Real Name: Mantas Indrašius
Gender: male
Location: Tallinn, EE
Country: LT Lithuania (Lietuva)
Contact:

Postby Mantaz » 2006-04-26, 6:42

Abavagada wrote:Thanks. Two questions right off, about resources:

1) How does the portal that I am making look so far, and what changes would you make?

2) Who added the introduction to the Lithuanian in the UniLang Wiki? I noticed it is the same as wikibooks, and I was wondering which was copied from which.

http://home.unilang.org/wiki3/index.php ... n_language

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Guide_to_l ... n_language

Erik / Aba


1) The design is a little awful, I guess you made it using Frontpage, right? The layout should as well be improved, but so far usable ;)

2) No idea

User avatar
Abavagada
Posts: 2521
Joined: 2002-06-21, 2:26
Real Name: Erik Zidowecki
Gender: male
Location: Ocean Park
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Postby Abavagada » 2006-04-26, 12:34

I made the entire page by hand. I don't use programs to write HTML. And I posted what I had so far so people could tell me how they want it. I'm not saying I am happy with it. I want opinions and criticisms so I can make it into something really nice.

But I do need a direction. "awful" and "need to be improved" don't tell me anything about a way to improve it.

Erik / Aba
"Internet killed the video star. Telepathy killed the internet star." - Men Without Hats
Parleremo - Where Languages Live! http://www.parleremo.org

User avatar
Mantaz
Posts: 1527
Joined: 2004-12-29, 19:22
Real Name: Mantas Indrašius
Gender: male
Location: Tallinn, EE
Country: LT Lithuania (Lietuva)
Contact:

Postby Mantaz » 2006-04-27, 7:16

Abavagada wrote:I made the entire page by hand. I don't use programs to write HTML. And I posted what I had so far so people could tell me how they want it. I'm not saying I am happy with it. I want opinions and criticisms so I can make it into something really nice.

But I do need a direction. "awful" and "need to be improved" don't tell me anything about a way to improve it.

Erik / Aba


No offence about those "awfuls" etc., not many people are able to come up with good looking design ;) About the way to improve, it's really hard to tell, coz it needs a lot of improvement in all spheres. First what you can do is taking some webdesign books where are at least some basics about color scheme, basic layout etc. :)


Return to “Lithuanian (Lietuvių kalba)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest