Lithuanian music / Lietuviška muzika

luap

Postby luap » 2006-10-10, 18:24

Hey Yannis I am currently learning German at uni and have a Lithuanian in my class, called Andrius.

-----------------------------------------------------

Guten Abend, Ich heiße Paul, Ich bin Student in London. Ich komme aus England und Ich bin Engländer.

Yannis

Postby Yannis » 2006-10-11, 8:05

Mantaz wrote:
Yannis wrote:Not much going on here (and in Lithuanian music market!?)

.... while having a hard period at the moment :roll:

Hope you'll overcome that trouble soon :? :!:

Yannis

Postby Yannis » 2006-10-11, 8:16

vicza wrote:
Yannis wrote:@ vicza
If you happen to read this:
I'm looking for a Russian song of Sofiya Rotaru:
"Ya tebya po prezhnemu lyublyu"
Do you happen to know where to find it as mp3?

Dunno. There are many sites with Rotaru, bet.... Some five years ago there were a lot of sites with pirate mp3's, which one could freely download (but I hadn't normal Internet at the time). Today there still are sites, there still are pirate mp3's, but now they want money for 'em. :) Not much, something about 0.15$ for the song, but I don't know, if you can pay it from Germany.

The music industry mafia calls it "pirate". I call it sales promotion. How can they expect people to buy their music without the customers knowing whether it's good or not?
They don't play a single Russian song in German media!
Especially the Western Music "Lobby" does everything to criminalize it's customers and is constantly complaining about declining sales... They even try to drive legal fair DRM-free companies like "allofmp3.ru" out of business. Our PC's they spoil with rootkits and spyware without asking for permission (e.g. Sony).

I don't buy anything from them any longer for at least 2 years, now.

Spending 0.15$ would not be the problem but after that some "elements" might go shopping with my credit card data :wink: :evil:
I better buy an original in a German Russian online music shop.

Yannis

Postby Yannis » 2006-10-11, 8:31

luap wrote:Hey Yannis I am currently learning German at uni and have a Lithuanian in my class, called Andrius.

-----------------------------------------------------

Guten Abend, Ich heiße Paul, Ich bin Student in London. Ich komme aus England und Ich bin Engländer.

Hallo luap. Dein Deutsch ist schon ausgezeichnet und fast ohne Fehler! :D
Bitte beachte: wir schreiben "Ich" in der Mitte vom Satz klein. Nur am Anfang groß. (Ich weiß, in England wird "I" immer groß geschrieben...)
Hi luap. Your German is excellent and almost without any mistake!
Just note: in German we do not write "Ich" in capital letters within a sentence - just at the beginning.
(I know, in England "I" is always written in capital letters.)
But that's just "peanuts" ... as we use to say.... :wink:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Corrected version:

Guten Abend, ich heiße Paul, ich bin Student in London. Ich komme aus England und (ich -> (can be omitted)) bin Engländer.

even better and shorter:

Guten Abend, ich heiße Paul. Ich bin Student in London. Ich bin Engländer.

Mantaz

Postby Mantaz » 2006-10-11, 9:59

vicza wrote:Argi negalima sakyti "Dabar apie Marijoną Mikutavičių"?

Galima, bet čia gal geriau manasis variantas. „Apie“ būtų geriau, jei mano tikslas būtų pakalbėti apie Marijoną.

Yannis> Yes, I'll do that in few weeks.

vicza

Postby vicza » 2006-10-11, 13:11

Yannis wrote:The music industry mafia calls it "pirate". I call it sales promotion.

Wellll.... Everyone calls it "pirate". Here, in Russia, I mean. It's a reality here. Most of Russians use pirate Windows, pirate software, buy pirate music, pirate films... How do you like a DVD, where one disk has from 6 to 12 films? ;) And I do not say, that this is bad. No. This is good. This is very convenient at any means. :) And I very appreciate the projects like "Moshkov's library" (www.lib.ru). They scan books and freely offers them. I can understand the pirates, which sells disks on streets. They pay for manufacturing of the disks and now sells them. But I hardly can understand organizations, which sell pirate songs in the Internet. I don't think it's honest.

Spending 0.15$ would not be the problem but after that some "elements" might go shopping with my credit card data :wink: :evil:

Maybe it's possible to use some other payment system or a bank transfer...

I better buy an original in a German Russian
online music shop.

Ukrainian, then. :)

Yannis

Postby Yannis » 2006-10-11, 17:35

vicza wrote:
Yannis wrote:The music industry mafia calls it "pirate". I call it sales promotion.

Wellll.... Everyone calls it "pirate". Here, in Russia, I mean. It's a reality here. Most of Russians use pirate Windows, pirate software, buy pirate music, pirate films... How do you like a DVD, where one disk has from 6 to 12 films? ;) And I do not say, that this is bad. No. This is good. This is very convenient at any means. :) And I very appreciate the projects like "Moshkov's library" (www.lib.ru). They scan books and freely offers them. I can understand the pirates, which sells disks on streets. They pay for manufacturing of the disks and now sells them. But I hardly can understand organizations, which sell pirate songs in the Internet. I don't think it's honest.

Maybe it's possible to use some other payment system or a bank transfer...

I better buy an original in a German Russian
online music shop.

Ukrainian, then. :)

Yes, I know about the Russian (and Chinese) conditions and I like them to some extent. Who doesn't want to pay a fair price?
But we should not forget the artists who need the money for their hard work badly to make a living and in order to compose new works.

And originals are usually of better quality.

BUT: the music industry usually pays very little to the artists, can produce the media very cheap and ask a hell of money for them in the shops.

In Germany they ask for an up-to-date audio about 18,-€! (In the USA half the price!!!)
Let's estimate that the artist gets 1,- to 2,- € and the production cost is 1,- € only. The rest is profit.
Very often they damage their media on purpose with copy protection crap and sometimes even spyware and rootkits. Thus you're better off buying pirated cds which are "clean" and are available for an affordable price.

Piracy would almost stop if they would sell the media at a fair price, also poor people can afford and do not use any copy protection crap.
But for these big lables the shareholder value and the net profit are the only goals, - not to satisfy a customer or pay less known artists a fair price for THEIR creations!

Russian music and some mixed Russian and Ukrainian music I can buy at http://www.petershop.com. Why do they ask for Russian originals 'only' 5.99€ and German online shops for their German crap 17.99€??
We are not that rich any longer. Salaries are declining year by year. Prices go up - especially for energy of any type. (This profit goes to Russia. :wink:)

Ukrainian music I usually buy at the excellent online shop http://www.umka.com.ua/. The prices are only about 6,-$ for an original audio.

OK, for Russians, Ukrainians and Lithuanians even these prices are too high but there are more and more rich people. That's the general problem: a certain group of people, usually about 10%, know how to take away as much money as possible from the poor and 90% are poor or lower middle class. The gap widens constantly. :?

Yannis

Postby Yannis » 2006-10-11, 18:18

I'm looking for the lyrics of the Lithuanian singer

Virgis Stakėnas - Mergaite

Does anybody know where to find it? Google'ing didn't help. :?

Mantaz

Postby Mantaz » 2006-10-12, 6:10

^^^ If you uploaded this song, I could help by writing the words down, coz I can't find at google too.

Yannis

Postby Yannis » 2006-10-12, 9:34

Mantaz wrote:^^^ If you uploaded this song, I could help by writing the words down, coz I can't find at google too.

That would be great - but just if you have time to spare and are in the mood to do it. I don't want to cause additional "trouble" as you seem to be busy these days.

I have the song as mp3 at home. I'll post a link tonight.

:D

Mantaz

Postby Mantaz » 2006-10-12, 9:47

Yannis wrote:
Mantaz wrote:^^^ If you uploaded this song, I could help by writing the words down, coz I can't find at google too.

That would be great - but just if you have time to spare and are in the mood to do it. I don't want to cause additional "trouble" as you seem to be busy these days.

I have the song as mp3 at home. I'll post a link tonight.

:D

Don't worry, that's not a problem for me at all ;)

Yannis

Postby Yannis » 2006-10-12, 14:54

Hi Mantaz!

Here is the song in question:

http://download.yousendit.com/0314C4DE492A5DB2

(It's for a lady who listens to it constantly...another German Lithuanian music fan :wink: :D )

Thanks in advance (although it's country genre, sorry...)

inous

Postby inous » 2006-10-25, 11:27

Hello everybody,

There are some new releases :

Zvagulis - Buna...
Andrius Rimiskis - Gyvenimo Meile
Gintare - Kai Tu Mane Mylesi (she seems to be recovered from her serious car accident a few months ago)
Stephonas Januska - Pakeliui

Laura and the Lovers (from the Eurovision last year) released their first album : Tarp Krintanciu Lapu

Yannis

Postby Yannis » 2006-10-26, 6:29

inous wrote:Hello everybody,

Zvagulis - Buna...
Gintare - Kai Tu Mane Mylesi (she seems to be recovered from her serious car accident a few months ago)

Laura and the Lovers (from the Eurovision last year) released their first album : Tarp Krintanciu Lapu

There are even more. One that would interest me very much is:

Gytis Paškevičius - Ten
http://www.patogupirkti.lt/book/book.asp?ISBN=CD-TEN

Žilvinas Žvagulis - Buna I didn't see in the shop yet. Nice to hear that there seems to be a new album. The last one wasn't good at all (Žemaitiškų dainų enciklopedija). I'm a bit angry about that investment. Therefore it's a good thing being able to listen to an album before...if it's found somewhere....

But I spent too much on superb Russian and Polynesian music (http://www.tevaka.com/) at the moment so I'll have to wait with further Lithuanian music investment until November. (We get some additional money in Germany that month.) :wink:

Yannis

Postby Yannis » 2006-11-06, 17:18

inous wrote:Hello everybody,

Zvagulis - Buna...

Zvagulis - Buna
Andrius Rimiskis - Gyvenimo Meile ...

and 9 other new album links are available on the Opera-Site mentioned earlier.

:wink:

Mantaz

Postby Mantaz » 2006-11-07, 7:52

Just in case somebody is interested and didn't know yet, Foje has issued their new archive-album "Kita paveikslo pusė" :)

Yannis

Postby Yannis » 2006-11-22, 21:22

Yannis wrote:
There are even more. One that would interest me very much is:

Gytis Paškevičius - Ten
http://www.patogupirkti.lt/book/book.asp?ISBN=CD-TEN

This album is one of the best I bought from Lithuania during the last year or so. Highly recommended.... Gytis is about to become my No.1 LT singer. :D

Yannis

Postby Yannis » 2006-12-09, 13:44

Foje - Kita paveikslo pusė (2 CD)
http://www.patogupirkti.lt/book/book.asp?ISBN=BBCD221

is highly recommended, especially for Mamontovas fans.

32 songs in really good quality (probably the songs on this 2006 album have been remastered as Foje is no longer existant for quite some time). A trip back in Lithuanian (gentle) rock music history. As most old Foje albums are no longer available this is a must.

Melancholic rock songs with lot of emotions and feeling. At least I like it. :wink:

Vytautas

Lithuanian music

Postby Vytautas » 2006-12-15, 13:53

Hi everybody who are interested in lithuanian music.
Just wanted to let you know that you can buy some lithuanian cd of eBay. There is a big music publishing company Intervid (www.intervid.eu) which is selling its production over the ebay.

Have fun !

Fenek

Postby Fenek » 2007-04-01, 20:20

Does "Bora" mean anything in Lithuanian? I'm asking because it's a Lithuanian hardcore band's name.

I have to say I like Lithuanian hardcore 8)

Tegyvuoja lenku˛ ir lietuviu˛ tautu˛ draugyste˙! :woohoo:

:wink:
I'd appreciate any corrections to my messages!
Vi sarò molto grato per ogni correzione!
Zelo vam bom hvaležen za popravke!
Aş fi recunoscător pentru orice corectare!
Bio bih vam veoma zahvalan na ispravkama!

Return to “Lithuanian (Lietuvių kalba)”