Cooljugator Lithuanian Verb Conjugator

lyzazel
Cooljugator Lithuanian Verb Conjugator

Postby lyzazel » 2010-11-27, 16:59

Hello, I have launched a simple Lithuanian verb conjugator which follows some patterns and conjugates Lithuanian verbs.

You can find it at:

http://cooljugator.com/lt/

It is aimed to help you actually speak the language as oppose to preoccupy yourself with grammatical names and categories. Currently Lithuanian CoolJugator serves over 1000 Lithuanian verbs and there is a gap and error reporting system so it can grow fast. Ideally, languages other than Lithuanian shall be added in the future too.

Check it out!
Check out my project with interlinear translations (or, you could say, 'subtitled books') at Interlinear Books

Milya0

Re: Cooljugator Lithuanian Verb Conjugator

Postby Milya0 » 2010-11-27, 19:24

Labai malonus. :)
Qroo₃₁ kaa₄ cro₂ kraa₃ kaa₄ qo₄₁ cra₄₁ ka₄ qoo₄₂ krá₄₂.

lyzazel

Postby lyzazel » 2010-11-28, 18:18

Thanks, Milya0.

'Malonus' is probably not the best word to use, hear. It's usually applied to persons (meaning "nice") or to experiences (meaning "pleasant") but not things. You would be better off using 'patogus' (which means "convenient"), 'geras' ("good") or a similar word to convey the same meaning.

Notwithstanding this, I did understand the gist of your message and I am glad you like it. :)
Check out my project with interlinear translations (or, you could say, 'subtitled books') at Interlinear Books

nesos

Postby nesos » 2010-11-29, 9:33

IMO it has one problem, it accept for search only infinitive.

lyzazel

Postby lyzazel » 2010-11-29, 13:56

nesos: that's not a problem, that's a feature :)

I know what you mean, though. Form recognition would be nice, however, it is technically pretty difficult to realize. That might very well be in the future plans, though.

zeme

Postby zeme » 2011-02-01, 14:06

Holy shit that's awesome!
The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.

lyzazel

Postby lyzazel » 2011-02-02, 2:21

zeme, I'm glad you like it. :) There's a Latvian version now too. I just need to add words.

I also had a function of "live search" - something like what you have now in Google where you type in something and the results appear before you hit enter - implemented and it seems to work but I decided to turn it off since it didn't seem very convenient to me and put a huge load on the database. If you guys think it would enhance it much, though, I could consider maybe reading it.

zeme

Postby zeme » 2011-02-02, 21:07

Latvian too = :y:
- Meh, I'm not a big fan of "live searching". The hassle it brings usually outweighs the improvement.
- The suggested results are great though!
- And I love the fact that you embrace that clean, elementary, and consistent look throughout your projects.
The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.

lyzazel

Postby lyzazel » 2011-02-02, 21:59

Thanks, zeme. By the way, I was wondering... does your name relate to the Lithuanian word žemė (which means "ground" or "Earth")?

I'm not too much of a designer. That's why I try to keep it simple. :)

zeme

Postby zeme » 2011-02-03, 2:28

Sure does! ;) ..in Prussian, Latvian, and Czech, too.

Simple is good.

lyzazel

Postby lyzazel » 2011-06-25, 20:33

I have added quite some new words to the cooljugator but it seems that it's not really used that widely. I guess there might be just not enough people learning Lithuanian which is sad considering it is such a cool language. Oh well.

zeme

Postby zeme » 2011-07-04, 21:08

Is there any way you could integrate Colljugator with Goldendict similarly to how Metawiki-based wikis have done it?

lyzazel

Postby lyzazel » 2011-07-06, 18:08

I could in the long run, I guess. But I have looked into it briefly and it looks like it would require additional expertise and time expense that I'm not quire prepared to give with the current traffic. I might look into it in the future if there is interest.

Currently I'm focusing on adding words in Latvian and adding Estonian as a third language.

But why do you need it? I kind of felt like the current system gives it the kind of simplicity that having a full-fledged dictionary could take away.

zeme

Postby zeme » 2011-07-07, 18:11

OK. I was just asking because searching through Goldendict is much faster than through a regular browser, but it's no big deal, really.

I'll do my best to promote Cooljugator, so keep an eye on your stats 8-)
I'm looking forward to seeing Estonian soon!

Nice work with the uservoice add-on, by the way.

lyzazel

Postby lyzazel » 2011-07-07, 19:46

Oh, you meant the search function. Well, the initial version of CoolJugator had an immediate display function where it showed results wthout hitting Enter (sort of like Google now works) but I found it a little bit annoying to use and plus it consumed a lot of traffic so I decided against it.

zeme

Postby zeme » 2011-07-08, 12:47

That's right.

lyzazel

Postby lyzazel » 2011-08-14, 12:00

Update: I've added a bunch of words and now it can do 1500 verbs.

That might not seem like much but it's actually becoming quite hard for me to think of a verb and not see it there. I guess it's true that languages don't use a huge number of words after all.

nesos

Postby nesos » 2011-08-15, 3:26

lyzazel wrote:Update: I've added a bunch of words and now it can do 1500 verbs.

That might not seem like much but it's actually becoming quite hard for me to think of a verb and not see it there. I guess it's true that languages don't use a huge number of words after all.

Hmm.. I still was able to type more verbs that aren't here :lol:

lyzazel

Postby lyzazel » 2011-08-15, 10:53

nesos, true, there still are some!

Very often I have some root not covered yet and then all of the verbs of that root aren't there either. Am I correct in having noticed that you found the ones with "stoti" among the other ones? :)

If so, thanks for submitting them. I've added them already!

lyzazel

Postby lyzazel » 2011-08-16, 10:41

Somebody suggested a lot more words that weren't there! I congratulate these efforts.

There were indeed some common words that I had missed. Among the words suggested this time, there were also these:

Code: Select all

šieti
piesti
pišti
grimti
grieti
krieti
kušti

These aren't exactly the most common words in Lithuanian for I could recognize none of them despite being a native speaker (I had some ideas for "piesti"). Despite that, I've added those words too!

Thanks people for using the search tool and suggesting new words.

Return to “Lithuanian (Lietuvių kalba)”