"It should not be like that"

Moderator:france-eesti

Levo
"It should not be like that"

Postby Levo » 2008-04-15, 14:23

What are the things in Hungarian language that you really don't like - though like the language itself.

For example, a sound which shouldn't exist in our sound-system because it makes it so ugly/miserable/lame...
Or needless things in the grammar, or on the contrary, the lack of something good.

It surely occured while learning the language that - though later you accepted and learnt - you didn't/don't like something all.

Any complaints? :)

Varislintu

Postby Varislintu » 2008-04-16, 12:47

I don't like that the skill isn't available for instant download online :pff:.

Say CoBB, aren't you supposed to be good at this counting machine stuff? Couldn't you whip up a little something for us lazy peeps :yiihi:?

;)

CoBB

Postby CoBB » 2008-04-16, 12:53

Varislintu wrote:Say CoBB, aren't you supposed to be good at this counting machine stuff? Couldn't you whip up a little something for us lazy peeps :yiihi:?

Oh, the content is freely available already, you only need to get it in your head somehow. :angelic:

Ó, a tartalom már szabadon hozzáférhető, csak a fejedbe kell eljuttatnod valahogyan. :angelic:
Tanulni, tanulni, tanulni!

A pő, ha engemély, kimár / De mindegegy, ha vildagár... / ...mert engemély mindet bagul, / Mint vélgaban a bégahur!...

Varislintu

Postby Varislintu » 2008-04-16, 12:59

CoBB wrote:Oh, the content is freely available already, you only need to get it in your head somehow. :angelic:

Ó, a tartalom már szabadon hozzáférhető, csak a fejedbe kell eljuttatnod valahogyan. :angelic:

Gosh how typical -- a software person blaiming the hardware :hmpf:.

CoBB

Postby CoBB » 2008-04-16, 13:08

Varislintu wrote:Gosh how typical -- a software person blaiming the hardware :hmpf:.

You have to admit that the lack of suitable hardware makes a rather compelling argument. :yep:

El kell ismerned, hogy a megfelelő hardver hiánya elég meggyőző érv. :yep:

And in order not to divert this topic right from the beginning, I’d probably mention the complete lack of irregularity in the conditionals. Foreigners must be extremely bored with them. :ohwell:

És hogy ne térítsük el már a legelején a topikot, megemlíteném a rendhagyó alakú feltételes igék teljes hiányát. A külföldieket ez biztosan untatja. :ohwell:
Tanulni, tanulni, tanulni!

A pő, ha engemély, kimár / De mindegegy, ha vildagár... / ...mert engemély mindet bagul, / Mint vélgaban a bégahur!...

Levo

Postby Levo » 2008-04-16, 18:26

CoBB wrote:
Varislintu wrote:Gosh how typical -- a software person blaiming the hardware :hmpf:.

You have to admit that the lack of suitable hardware makes a rather compelling argument. :yep:

El kell ismerned, hogy a megfelelő hardver hiánya elég meggyőző érv. :yep:

And in order not to divert this topic right from the beginning, I’d probably mention the complete lack of irregularity in the conditionals. Foreigners must be extremely bored with them. :ohwell:

És hogy ne térítsük el már a legelején a topikot, megemlíteném a rendhagyó alakú feltételes igék teljes hiányát. A külföldieket ez biztosan untatja. :ohwell:

:D:D

darkina

Postby darkina » 2008-04-21, 2:06

I don't like most of the vowel sounds of Hungarian - which is like a big part of it lol, but for me the very first fascination with the language was graphic... all those ö and ő and ű look cool but sound awful to me. But then in the context of the whole language they're alright.

As for grammar hmm I can't think of anything right now but I know so little of it... and even the tough things seem bearable to me. Well one thing I find hard to get used to works with all the languages with cases that do this: having to decline personal names.
век живи, век учись, а дураком помрешь

Pleasures remain, so does the pain

AlienDiscoDuck

Postby AlienDiscoDuck » 2008-04-21, 2:56

I like the vowel sounds...maybe because I'm used to them (I speak French and German, which use a lot of these sounds or similar ones). I even like the consonant sounds, despite some of them being completely unfamiliar to me, like the 'gy'/'ty' sounds.
As for grammar...pretty much what darkina said.
Im in ur lexiconz, verbin ur nounz.

Levo

Postby Levo » 2008-04-21, 8:36

Hmm, interesting...

Return to “Hungarian (Magyar)”