Türkçe - csjc

Moderator:voron

csjc
Türkçe - csjc

Postby csjc » 2010-08-26, 6:26

Merhaba herkes!

I have decided to get my feet wet with Turkish, so this is where I'll post my questions about the language, etc.

Adım Jordan, ben bir öğrenciyim ve yaşadığım Kanada'da. Ben Türkçe çalışıyorum. Türkçe güzeldir!
[flag]en-ca[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]is[/flag]
[flag]nl[/flag] [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]sv[/flag] [flag]fr[/flag] [flag]de[/flag] [flag]la[/flag]

kalemiye

Re: Türkçe - csjc

Postby kalemiye » 2010-08-26, 12:44

csjc wrote:Merhaba herkes!

I have decided to get my feet wet with Turkish, so this is where I'll post my questions about the language, etc.

Adım Jordan, ben bir öğrenciyim ve yaşadığım Kanada'da yaşıyorum. Ben Türkçe çalışıyorum öğreniyorum. Türkçe güzeldir!

Forumuza hoş geldiniz Jordan! Peki, neden Türkçe öğrenmek istiyorsun?

Welcome to our forum Jordan! Alright, why do you want to learn Turkish?
Not available

csjc

Postby csjc » 2010-08-30, 9:26

Sağ olun!

Turkish grammar seems incredibly interesting to me, and it's quite the pleasant change from Indo-European languages. :) Not that I know too much about it right now, but I'm definitely intrigued. I also think it'd be a great gateway language to the Orient, and it's fairly widely spoken so I don't foresee a lot of difficulty meeting Turkish speakers. Lastly, my dad does a lot of business in Turkey, so it's quite possible I'll be visiting fairly soon.
[flag]en-ca[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]is[/flag]
[flag]nl[/flag] [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]sv[/flag] [flag]fr[/flag] [flag]de[/flag] [flag]la[/flag]

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2010-08-30, 10:47

csjc wrote:Sağ olun!

Turkish grammar seems incredibly interesting to me, and it's quite the pleasant change from Indo-European languages. :) Not that I know too much about it right now, but I'm definitely intrigued. I also think it'd be a great gateway language to the Orient, and it's fairly widely spoken so I don't foresee a lot of difficulty meeting Turkish speakers. Lastly, my dad does a lot of business in Turkey, so it's quite possible I'll be visiting fairly soon.

Yes, the grammar is fascinating, but very hard at first. Don't hesitate to post here your questions, we will glady solve them.

Turkish is a great gateway to the Orient, besides the countries in which Turkic languages are official languages, there are others that have Turkish minorities, such as Syria, Iraq or Iran :).
Not available

modus.irrealis

Postby modus.irrealis » 2010-08-30, 13:12

csjc wrote:Turkish grammar seems incredibly interesting to me, and it's quite the pleasant change from Indo-European languages. :) Not that I know too much about it right now, but I'm definitely intrigued. I also think it'd be a great gateway language to the Orient, and it's fairly widely spoken so I don't foresee a lot of difficulty meeting Turkish speakers. Lastly, my dad does a lot of business in Turkey, so it's quite possible I'll be visiting fairly soon.

Those were the two basic reasons I started learning Turkish too. The grammar is very different but also in some ways reminiscent of Latin and Ancient Greek (languages I like too), and I'm still hoping to go Turkish > Ottoman > Persian > Arabic or some variation of that. I don't see any Balkan languages on your language list, but that was another reason for me, since I thought my Greek would help me with some words (and it did with some things, especially food related, so I knew karpuz, biryam, köfte, lokum, maydanoz, yuvarlak, etc., etc. before hand), but Turkish has also helped me with certain Greek words that you hear in older songs or stories that at best I might have had a passive understanding of, like ντουνιάς < dünya or σοκάκι < sokak, but now I know well. I would imagine something similar is true of most Balkan languages.

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2010-08-30, 13:54

modus.irrealis wrote:The grammar is very different but also in some ways reminiscent of Latin and Ancient Greek (languages I like too), and I'm still hoping to go Turkish > Ottoman > Persian > Arabic or some variation of that.

Let's see if when Im done with my exams I have time to post some Ottoman text or something, I need to learn that as well. Knowing Turkish has been very helpful to me while learning Persian because although the grammar is very different, they still share a great deal of vocabulary! :)
Not available

Meera

Postby Meera » 2010-09-15, 3:54

Welcome to the wonderful world of Turkish csjc :D I learn it too, I can understand much better then actually speaking but Turkish grammar is challenging, but after a while it became so simple. I dont think you will have a problem with it.
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

Return to “Turkish (Türkçe)”