Nettchie Turkish

Moderator:voron

nettchelobek1

Postby nettchelobek1 » 2007-07-01, 18:48

Just one question:
Why in this sentence "geçer" because I wanted to say that time passes always quickly and this is a process that continues, isn't it? or the process is meant only to be at current time? I don't understand quite well that nuance. :?:
Maalesef zaman çok hızlı geçiyor
"From relativity ... one obtains an unequivocal proof for the view of philosophers who, like Parmenides, Kant, and the modern idealists, deny the objectivity of change as an illusion or appearance due to our special mode of perception" Gödel.

nettchelobek1

Postby nettchelobek1 » 2007-07-03, 14:58

Mert, are you there? please help me. :roll:
"From relativity ... one obtains an unequivocal proof for the view of philosophers who, like Parmenides, Kant, and the modern idealists, deny the objectivity of change as an illusion or appearance due to our special mode of perception" Gödel.

nettchelobek1

Postby nettchelobek1 » 2007-07-06, 15:14

Bır ay Almanya'daydım, çok heyecanlı ve ilginçti, dünyanın her tarafından bır çok insan tanıdım, maalesef Türkle tanışamadım, bu bana tuhaf geldi, çünkü Almanya'da çok yaşar. Ne kadar şaşırdım, sokakta bazen Almancadan çok Türkçe uydum, coğunlukla Hamburg'ta, ki orada iki defa "döner" lokantaya gittim, çok seçmedi! Karıştırma arasına Türk ve Almanya kültürler çok ilginç gibi geliyor.

nettchelobek1

Postby nettchelobek1 » 2007-07-13, 1:48

hmm I just wonder if I could receive the same correction service by Mert that Ego does receive. :roll: Lütfen!

Mert

Postby Mert » 2007-07-13, 6:56

nettchelobek1 wrote:Bır ay Almanya'daydım, çok heyecanlı ve ilginçti, dünyanın her tarafından bır çok insan tanıdım, maalesef [s]Türkle[/s]* Türklerle tanışamadım, bu bana tuhaf geldi, çünkü Almanya'da çok [s]yaşar.[/s]* Türk var. [s]Ne kadar [/s] çok şaşırdım, sokakta bazen Almancadan çok Türkçe uydum, coğunlukla Hamburg'ta, ki orada iki defa "döner" lokantaya gittim, çok [s]seçmedi! [/s] [s]Karıştırma arasına Türk ve Almanya kültürler çok ilginç gibi geliyor.[/s] Alman ve Türk kültürünün birbiriyle karışması bana çok ilginç geliyor.

for*: they are true as grammatical, but we don't prefer to use them like that.

what did you mean in this sentence: "seçmedi"?

by the way, your Turkish is absolutely good. :y:
ه ه
ل
پ

nettchelobek1

Postby nettchelobek1 » 2008-01-19, 20:26

Hi guys, does the word "yani" is used in Turkish so indiscriminately as the Arabic counterpart يعني?

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2008-01-19, 22:28

nettchelobek1 wrote:Hi guys, does the word "yani" is used in Turkish so indiscriminately as the Arabic counterpart يعني?

Sí, se utiliza prácticamente como la palabra árabe. Al menos yo nunca la he visto en un contexto diferente. ¿Estudias turco y árabe?
Not available

nettchelobek1

Postby nettchelobek1 » 2008-01-19, 23:18

Yeah, I left Turkish several months ago, but I picked it up again now that I know more Arabic and I also started with Persian and Hindi, so I think I can go over quicklier with some topics that I left with Turkish and study it seriously!

hoşça kal!

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2008-01-19, 23:30

nettchelobek1 wrote:Yeah, I left Turkish several months ago, but I picked it up again now that I know more Arabic and I also started with Persian and Hindi, so I think I can go over quicklier with some topics that I left with Turkish and study it seriously!

hoşça kal!

So, Arabic, Persian, Hindi and Turkish! Wow!
Not available

linguanima

Postby linguanima » 2008-01-22, 8:54

How the hell do you have time to study all these essentially different languages?! :shock:
Şərqiy hünərlər: [flag]ug[/flag] [flag]tr[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag] [flag]fa[/flag] [flag]mn[/flag]
Ğərbiy hünərlər: [flag]en[/flag] [flag]fr[/flag] [flag]pt[/flag] [flag]ru[/flag] [flag]el[/flag]

nettchelobek1

Postby nettchelobek1 » 2008-01-22, 20:47

Linguanima demiş ki:
How the hell do you have time to study all these essentially different languages?!

It's nothing that Huhmzeh und Sisyphe can't do... I just want a challenge :wink:

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2008-01-22, 21:56

nettchelobek1 wrote:Linguanima demiş ki:
How the hell do you have time to study all these essentially different languages?!

It's nothing that Huhmzeh und Sisyphe can't do... I just want a challenge :wink:

Çok delisin! :lol: İyi şanşlar!
Not available

Sultik

Re: Thanks a lot.

Postby Sultik » 2016-02-26, 4:29

hasanyasin wrote:Before trying to answer your questions, a little comment: "Sıfat fiiller" is a wrong naming of our grammarians. I always wonder how can grammarians of a language make these kinds of mistakes:D "Sıfat fiiller" means the verbs that are adjectives. However "Sıfat fiiller" are not verbs, they are adjectives whose root words are verbs. So maybe, calling them "Fiil sıfatlar" would be better; however it is not a nice name too. For me, calling some of the adjectives with a special term is a wrong thing. They are adjectives:)

Instead of translating your sentences into English, I will try to make clear the process of making adjectives using verbs.

I will go on the suffixes your book provided; but before that, a second comment won't hurt anybody I hope:)

When our grammarians (yeah, you see, I am not a fan of them) try to call suffixes they gives you an array of different forms of the same suffix. This makes understanding and learning these suffixes harder. Unfortunately currently there is not a solution to this problem, because nobody is aware of these kind of problems with our grammar(ians) yet... [I don't use grammar here as the rules of the language, I mean the discipline...]

So, -an and -en are the same suffix. There is not any difference of these two. It changes it's form according to the word it is attached to. So -r, -ar and -er are again the same thing.

I will use -an instead of -an, -en and -ar for -r, -ar, -er. (I have reasons for using -an instead of -n but these lines are not appropriate to talk on this.)

Let's start talking on what these suffixes do:

-an: Gör-gören, görül-görülen, vur-vuran, gel-gelen, git-giden. The meaning of these adjectives is "the one who does ..." ie gören means the one who saw. (gör-see) Also note that this prefix has no clue for the exact time of the action. The time maybe past perfect, present perfect or even present. However we get the time from the context.

Olayı gören adam öldürüldü. The guy who saw the event has been killed.

-ar: Oku-okur, bil-bilir, bilin-bilinir. Meaning is like the previous one but here we don't talk about a one time event, ie the action is permanent for the person as reading for reader. Let's see the difference:
Yazar çok mutlu. Writer is very happy.
Bu makaleyi yazan adam nerde? Where is the man who have written this article.

-mış: Look at the difference between the previous two suffixes. This one is like both. If added to an active verb like the suffix -ar and when added to a passive verb it is like -an. You know -mış is added to verbs for the past perfect time declension. The meaning of adjectives comes from there, ie a finished action is the thing here.
Kırılmış fincan elimi kesti. The broken cup has cut my hand.

-dık: Bilin-bilindik. Like -mış this one is mostly used with passive verbs and the meaning is almost the same with -mış. This one has a negative feeling about the act and these adjectives are mostly used to insult, in a sense, the word they describe. I cannot find an example other than bilindik now. This suffix is rarely used. A little note: Bilindik is often used as "bildik" with the same meaning. This may be considered an error, however it became an idiom.

-acak: Gör-görecek, Görül-görülecek. This one is very smilar to -an; but the action is not in the past, this time it is in the future.

Görülecek bir şey yok. There is nothing to see.

-maz: Yan-yanmaz, bil-bilmez, bilin-bilinmez. The meaning is the negative of -ar.

Bilinmez yerlerde kayboldu. He was lost in unknown places.

-ası: Vurul-vurulası, Görül-görülesi, sevil-sevilesi, dövül-dövülesi. This one is used with passive verbs and gives a meaning that the word is worth the action. Görülesi means görmeye değer and öpülesi means öpmeye değer, öpmek istediğim. However, -ası mostly adds a little sweetness to the meaning. Namely, when we say "vurulmaya değer adamsın" we want really mean that you are deserve being killed. When we say "vurulası adamsın" we again mean the same thing however this time we are in an angry-sweet mood. I hope I could manage to make it clear.

Görülesi yerler buralar. (Görmeye değer yerler buralar.) These are places worth to see.

-dı: Almost the same as -an and really rarely used. I cannot find any examples except a few ones used in idioms:

Battı balık yan gider.

In this sentence bat-tı means bat-an. The meaning of the idiom is not a matter here:)

-malı: I have toruble with this one. If the grammarians put this into the same place with previous ones, they are again making another mistake. Because, here, we have two suffixes, -ma and -lı. -ma makes the verb a noun and -lı makes the noun an adjective. It is completely wrong to tell that sürmeli is a word like süren.

Üfle: blow
Üfleme: blowing
Üflemeli: wind (instrument)
Üfleyen: the one who blows.

In this example, üflemeli is not üfle+meli. The -li here is a suffix that makes adjectives from nouns. There is not a suffix -malı, it is (-ma) + (-lı).

I hope this made clear the process of making adjectives from verbs...

Return to “Turkish (Türkçe)”