new to the forums/indonesian!

Moderator:atalarikt

kumihead
new to the forums/indonesian!

Postby kumihead » 2009-04-26, 2:30

hi everyone :)

i was selected to go on a three-week trip to indonesia with a few students and other professors. we were given a few sites that provide very basic indonesian for the trip. i'm really quick with languages, and have already gone through most of the basics. i'm fluent in another language with very similar pronunciation, so that's not a huge problem. intonation, a little bit. i'm not sure if i would want to pursue indonesian seriously, but i know that i would like to be able to have basic conversation by the time i get to indonesia (in a month) and not just "i don't speak indonesian, sorry!" i'm a poor college student, and i'm not sure if i'm going to be making this a larger part of my life yet, so i'm looking for free resources to learning the language. who knows! after this trip i might be converted :). so any help would be great!

kumi

loverofalthingsindo

Re: new to the forums/indonesian!

Postby loverofalthingsindo » 2009-04-28, 0:55

Hello Kumi,
I would suggest you email my Bahasa teacher: Gamelanfan@gmail.com. He grew up in Java and therefore has an immense understanding of the language and culture. His name is Ramir Bapak and you can tell him that I (Jako Lira) forwarded you his email.
Best of Luck,
Jako

Return to “Indonesian/Malay (Bahasa Indonesia/Bahasa Malaysia)”