Teaching myself Norwegian.

Moderator:Johanna

Amaethon
Teaching myself Norwegian.

Postby Amaethon » 2006-02-14, 2:07

Yo,

I'm planning on teaching myself Norwegian.

I've got a slight problem though. I don't know what materials to get for myself. I am definitely going to get the Pimsleur CDs, but besides that, I don't know what to get to start.

I wanted to get this book, but it seems to be going out of print. See, I definitely want to get really advanced, and know this language as well as I know English. But there just doesn't seem to be any good materials to learn from. On the net, I only seem to find little bits and pieces of info, when what will get me to that advanced level is formal learning. I just don't know what materials I need to start that formal learning though. Help is appreciated for sure. 8D

roger100

Postby roger100 » 2006-02-15, 19:31

Hi, you can take a look on some of the other Norwegian forums : any norwegian links ?, exercices on line (reply of Amikeco). I myself chose to start with the Norword course, and asap I started up a forum for my own, to be corrected by other Unilangers (started to learn Norwegian (roger100)

Amaethon

Postby Amaethon » 2006-02-16, 3:39

Wewts. Thanks. [/I are teh newb lawl. :O]

Gormur

Postby Gormur » 2006-05-29, 15:52

Norskklassen is a good place, Norword lessons, http://www.nrk.no - click on Nett TV. For Norwegian (and a lot of other languages) you simply need contact with natives to improve, since the materials available to foreigners is very basic stuff.

Lykke til videre!
Eigi gegnir þat at segja at bók nøkkur er hreinferðug eðr ønnur spelluð því at vandliga ok dáliga eru bœkr ritnar ok annat kunnum vér eigi um þœr at dœma

Daniel-E

Postby Daniel-E » 2006-05-30, 18:02

You may also look at this site for some phrases and words:
http://www.sofn.com/norwegianculture/la ... index.html

I have not looked over this site yet, but you may find it useful.

Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”