I need help with Norwegian text-books!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Moderator:Johanna

haole
I need help with Norwegian text-books!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Postby haole » 2006-01-07, 19:53

Hi! I have completed right now the Teach Yourself norwegian, as well as other exercices i found on the internet. I'm quite good in understanding written texts and i wanna go ahead...so i have to decide which book buy next! I have no idea how to start...the Teach Yourself recommends two books "Troll i ord" and "Dørene åpnes" Anyone has tried them?? If anyone has, could please tell me something about them?? Actually, which books are you using at the moment to learn norwegian!? I'd like to have suggestions please!!! I don't wanna stop learning!!!
TAKK!

jamescull

Re: I need help with Norwegian text-books!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Postby jamescull » 2006-01-12, 9:00

haole wrote:Hi! I have completed right now the Teach Yourself norwegian, as well as other exercices i found on the internet. I'm quite good in understanding written texts and i wanna go ahead...so i have to decide which book buy next! I have no idea how to start...the Teach Yourself recommends two books "Troll i ord" and "Dørene åpnes" Anyone has tried them?? If anyone has, could please tell me something about them?? Actually, which books are you using at the moment to learn norwegian!? I'd like to have suggestions please!!! I don't wanna stop learning!!!
TAKK!

Hi. I found that Teach Yourself Norwegian book very useful and very comprehensive, because of the easiness of the course. At the moment I'm only on Unit 8 (Sue er på sykehus) but I've learnt Norwegian very quickly, which I'm really pleased about. How did you find it?

aabram

Postby aabram » 2006-03-05, 21:21

It's been a while since I last worked with Troll i Ord but I've used it. It starts off straight away with a storyline which then is carried throughout the book, incrementally increasing in difficulty. There are grammar units and various excercises of which some are meant for groupwork though you can work through alone too. Each lesson or chapter does highlight new words but no translations are given so you have to look them up yourself. Which is easy since the book includes a norwegian-french-english-german dictionary with all the words used. The idea is that when you're done you have also finished reading the whole story and you'd feel like you have been reading through real norwegian book. I'd say it's at least worth checking out.

leonarda

Postby leonarda » 2006-03-18, 11:00

Hei
Dørene åpnes er en bra bok, jeg har bare brukt tekstboka, men den er bra. Stein på stein er en annen bok som også er veldig bra (kanskje litt lettere, men er beregnet på å brukes etter en nybegynnerbok) Dessuten har "Stein på stein" en veldig bra arbeidsbok med grundige grammatikkforklaringer.

Temaene i begge disse bøkene er ulike ting fra norsk kultur og/eller historie. (F.eks politikk, nyere historie, arbeidsliv...)

Et annet alternativ er http://www.statvoks.no/konsept/norsk2/
som egentlig er et norskkurs beregnet på utlendinger i Norge som skal ta norsk tilsvarende videregåendeskole. Noen tekster her (og grammatikkoppgavene) kan jo være interessant for deg (og mye billigere enn å bestille bøker)

Lykke til. :D

Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”