Book in Norwegian

Moderator:Johanna

LidusLajka
Book in Norwegian

Postby LidusLajka » 2016-02-15, 9:56

Dear all,
I hope you do not mind, but I came here asking for help :shock:
I would like to buy a book for my partner who studies Norwegian. She is a beginner, but fast learner and she really loves Harry Potter books, which she knows by heart.
Unfortunately I have only found 2 e-shops who ship abroad (Czech Rep.) and pay 120 USD for a book from Amazon is too much :?
Could you maybe give me any tip for e-shops with Norwegian books, or even some book tips?
It can be almost anything, short stories, bilingual (ENG/NOR)..
Just nothing scary or historical :D

so far I have found "Naiv. Super" on this forum, so any other tips?

Many thanks in advance,

Lidus

Aleco

Re: Book in Norwegian

Postby Aleco » 2016-02-17, 11:08

Hey there! I often get the first book in both the Harry Potter series and His Dark Materials trilogy in whatever language I'm learning, and found it to be a fun way to maintain my interest in a language :D Tried Ebay? Had a look around on different Norwegian online book stores, but they don't seem to ship abroad.

I could easily get it for you and ship it to you if you consider that a viable option :) The shipment is probably another $15, but I'd have to check.
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

LidusLajka

Postby LidusLajka » 2016-02-20, 10:00

Hi Aleco,
many thanks for your message!
I've tried Ebay and I found Goblet of Fire for 35 EUR including shipping (and also Half-blood Prince and Deathly Hallows, which I do't want). But I would prefer the first book, so Goblet is my backup option :)
The book is for 30 EUR, is this a normal price for Norwegian book? I have only experience with buying books in English or Czech and they are sold here for 1/2 the price of Norwegian ones :shock: so unfair! :)
Thank you for your offer, that is very kind of you! I would definitely consider it a viable option, if that!s not a trouble for you :oops:

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2016-02-20, 16:18

If they're hardcover, that's not an unusual price at all. The Goblet of Fire is probably my least favorite of all the Harry Potter books, but I won't push my own views on you :P Send me a PM if you want me to go check out how much the first book is, and I'll figure out how much it'll cost to send if you tell me where you live [in a PM, of course]. :)
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » 2016-02-22, 19:53

I bought the first 4 Harry Potter books directly from Cappelen Damm and they shipped to me in the U.S. Try their website and see if they'll ship to you. It is very pricey though.
Om alle var lykkelige ville vi ikke hatt noe god musikk.

LidusLajka

Postby LidusLajka » 2016-02-23, 8:38

I've checked the website, but apparently they don't ship abroad anymore:(

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2016-02-23, 17:59

I've ordered a few books from bokkilden, which were about 150 kroner each, plus 200 kroner shipping.
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » 2016-02-24, 20:07

I forgot to mention that I've had good success buying e-books online, though sometimes getting them onto my Kindle has required a few back-and-forth emails. Without shipping they're much cheaper. Check out https://www.tanum.no/tanum/eboker/index.action
Om alle var lykkelige ville vi ikke hatt noe god musikk.

Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”