Beginner

Moderator:Johanna

AnonimoConNome
Re: Beginner

Postby AnonimoConNome » 2012-06-24, 17:58

Takk til alle, Dere er det fintest community i internetet :D Jeg er også overrasket som her noen heier på Italia :)
Å=alt+143, å=alt+134
Æ=alt+146, æ=alt+145,
Ø=alt+0216, ø=alt+0248

Vær så god ;)

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2012-06-24, 18:04

Remis wrote:
AnonimoConNome wrote:If you don't mind I have some questions :)
I don't understand what "nemlig" means.
Nemlig = exactly, correct, "that's exactly what I meant," "you've got the idea of it," etc.
Keep in mind that you can add "nemlig" after a verb (or at the end of a clause), and it basically translates as English "you see" when put at the end of the sentence. "Jo" can be used in a very similar way.

Jeg skal nemlig hjem = I'm going home, you see. (That's why I can't come visit)
De dansa nemlig hele natta = They we're dancing all night, you see. (That's why they didn't come home)

It works as a "mild" form of "because" :) Oh, and just tell us if you don't want to get corrected :) It's sort of a default setting for us here.
Raufoss wrote:Jeg liker også fotball og skal heie på Italia i dag!
Som Remis nettopp sa - "continuous" har ingen egen form ;)
AnonimoConNome wrote:Takk til dere alle, Dere er det fineste community-et/forumet på nettet :D Jeg er også overrasket over at det er noen som heier på Italia her :)
Remis har jo lest italiensk i hele år. Kanskje dere kan lære hverandre litt :)
Remis has been studying Italian for this whole [school] year. Maybe you can teach other something. :)
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-06-24, 18:08

Aleco wrote:Remis har jo lest italiensk i hele år. Kanskje dere kan lære hverandre litt :)
Remis has been studying Italian for this whole [school] year. Maybe you can teach other something. :)
Jeg har studert italiensk i seks måneder, så vennligst inkluder meg også. :)

Ho studiato italiano per sei mesi, quindi per favore includere anche a me.

I studied Italian for six months so please include me also.
Last edited by Raufoss on 2012-06-24, 18:33, edited 2 times in total.
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

AnonimoConNome

Postby AnonimoConNome » 2012-06-24, 18:30

Aleco wrote: :) Oh, and just tell us if you don't want to get corrected :) It's sort of a default setting for us here.

Jeg virkelig verdsetter som Du korrigerer meg, dette vil hjelpe meg å lære norsk bedre. Jeg bruker ordboket a lot (?) hvis jeg konsentrerer på grammatikk...
Aleco wrote:Remis har jo lest italiensk i hele år. Kanskje dere kan lære hverandre litt :) [/color]

I'd really like to help someone with italian! Today I visited the Italian forum of unilang... plus, if you want to, we can keep in touch with facebook or chat to improve our skills :)

Raufoss wrote:
Ho studiato italiano per sei mesi, quindi per favore includi anche a me.[/color]

[/i]

Now this is my time to correct you :P, I'm joking, I'll be happy to.

Adesso è venuto il mio turno di correggerti :P, scherzi a parte, sarò felice di farlo!
Å=alt+143, å=alt+134
Æ=alt+146, æ=alt+145,
Ø=alt+0216, ø=alt+0248

Vær så god ;)

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-06-24, 18:36

Roberto, hva er din mening om Mario Balotelli? ;)

Roberto, qual è la vostra opinione di Mario Balotelli?

Roberto, what is your opinion of Mario Balotelli?

AnonimoConNome wrote:I'd really like to help someone with italian! Today I visited the Italian forum of unilang... plus, if you want to, we can keep in touch with facebook or chat to improve our skills :)
Det er veldig hyggelig av deg. :y:

E 'molto carino da parte tua.

That's very nice of you.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-06-24, 18:39

AnonimoConNome wrote:
Raufoss wrote:
Ho studiato italiano per sei mesi, quindi per favore includi anche a me.[/color]

[/i]

Now this is my time to correct you :P, I'm joking, I'll be happy to.
Tusen takk!

Mille grazie!

AnonimoConNome

Postby AnonimoConNome » 2012-06-24, 18:46

Raufoss wrote:Roberto, hva er din mening om Mario Balotelli? ;)

Roberto, qual è la vostra opinione di Mario Balotelli?

Roberto, what is your opinion of Mario Balotelli?

Well, maybe is the best italian striker and with Cassano he could do anything. But althoug of his skills, he's kinda of a d**khead (sorry for the bad word!). Oh, you can call me "Tu" instead of "voi", because I'm only seventeen ;=)

Jeg can't oversetter dette xD
Raufoss wrote:
AnonimoConNome wrote:I'd really like to help someone with italian! Today I visited the Italian forum of unilang... plus, if you want to, we can keep in touch with facebook or chat to improve our skills :)
Det er veldig hyggelig av deg. :y:

E 'molto carino da parte tua.

That's very nice of you.

Jeg vil send mitt facebookprofilene i morgen, i dag Jeg can't fordi av spamblocket.
Å=alt+143, å=alt+134
Æ=alt+146, æ=alt+145,
Ø=alt+0216, ø=alt+0248

Vær så god ;)

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-06-24, 19:01

AnonimoConNome wrote:Well, maybe is the best italian striker and with Cassano he could do anything. But althoug of his skills, he's kinda of a d**khead (sorry for the bad word!).
Jeg er enig med begge dine kommentarer.

I agree with both of your comments. ;)

Balotelli can score some spectacular goals, but he also does some really stupid things and seems to have no control over his temper and his emotions. He is so unpredictable and that is why I think it's a good idea for him to start against England.

Forza Azzurri!!

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2012-06-24, 21:25

Raufoss"Jeg har studert italiensk i seks måneder, så vennligst inkluder meg også. :)[/quote]Det visste jeg ikke! Jeg må ha oversett det helt!
I didn't know that! I must've overlooked it completely![quote="AnonimoConNome wrote:
Jeg verdsetter virkelig at du retter meg, dette vil hjelpe meg å lære norsk bedre. Jeg bruker ordboka mye hvis jeg konsentrerer meg på grammatikk...
Hehe, det er litt morsomt siden alle som begynner å lære norsk alltid bruker ordet "korrigere". Ordet er ikke galt, men det høres veldig høytidelig ut. Jeg kan tenke meg at det er ordbokas skyld.
Hehe, it's a bit funny as everyone who starts learning Norwegian always uses the word "korrigere." The word isn't wrong, but it sound very formal. I assume it's the dictionary's fault.
AnonimoConNome wrote:Jeg greier ikke å oversette/kan ikke oversette dette xD

Jeg vil/skal sende deg Facebook-profilen min i morgen, i dag kan jeg ikke på grunn av spamblock-en.

å greie å = be able to, have the ability to
å kunne [jeg kan; jeg kunne; jeg har kunnet] = can, may

They are both similar, but the first one is for things you are able to do. Like the sentence you wrote above; that you couldnt translate it. You should use å greie å if you feel that your Norwegian isn't good enough, and å kunne if e.g. you don't have the time to translate it. :)

Also, future tense is a little tricky.
jeg skal falle = [I have decided that] I will fall
jeg vil falle = I will [probably] fall; I want to fall
jeg kommer til å falle = I will [eventually] fall

Sorry for attacking you with all this grammar so soon :oops: But I hate leaving things unexplained.
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)

AnonimoConNome

Postby AnonimoConNome » 2012-06-24, 22:05

Du er bedre enn alle nettestedene Jeg veter ;) du hjapler meg mye, og Jeg synes som Jeg har lært mye i to deger. Takk til dere alle :blush: :oops: :oops:
Å=alt+143, å=alt+134
Æ=alt+146, æ=alt+145,
Ø=alt+0216, ø=alt+0248

Vær så god ;)

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2012-06-25, 15:28

AnonimoConNome wrote:Dere er bedre enn alle nettestedene jeg vet om ;) Dere hjelper meg mye, og jeg synes at jeg har lært mye to dager. Takk til dere alle :blush: :oops: :oops:
Hyggelig å høre! Unilang er alt i alt et veldig hyggelig sted :) Hvorfor skriver du alltid "jeg" med stor J? :P
Nice to hear! Unilang is all in all a very nice place :) How come you always write "jeg" with a capital J? :P

AnonimoConNome

Postby AnonimoConNome » 2012-06-25, 16:27

Kanskje fordi jeg trorer i engelsk :)

Kan jeg spør dere hva det er forskjellet mellom "at" og "som"?
Å=alt+143, å=alt+134
Æ=alt+146, æ=alt+145,
Ø=alt+0216, ø=alt+0248

Vær så god ;)

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-06-25, 17:18

AnonimoConNome wrote:Kanskje fordi jeg trorer i engelsk :)
Jeg har gjort den samme feilen med pronomen også. :oops:

I have also made the same mistake with pronouns.

AnonimoConNome wrote:Kan jeg spør dere hva det er forskjellet mellom "at" og "som"?
This is a good question, but I wonder if it would be best to ask it in a separate thread so that the replies will be easier for others to find? There might already be a thread where this question has been answered. I attempted to find one, but I found too many results doing a search on keywords, "at" og "som". :hmm: I'll be interested to know suggestions the forum moderators have about this.

learnnorsk

Postby learnnorsk » 2012-06-26, 15:43

Hi Petrovitch,

Welcome to the forum :) I'm a beginner at the forum as well. Though I have learnt a bit of Norwegian.Hope I can help with some beginner tips if you need any.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-06-26, 15:50

Velkommen learnnorsk! :welcome:
learnnorsk wrote:Hi Petrovitch,

Welcome to the forum :) I'm a beginner at the forum as well.

learnnorsk wrote:Though I have learnt a bit of Norwegian.Hope I can help with some beginner tips if you need any.
What are some of the suggestions you have for someone who has just started to learn Norwegian?

snøfnugg

Postby snøfnugg » 2012-11-30, 0:21

Hei

Jeg også lærer norsk, jeg vil gjerne ha lære snakke her, ikke kjenne jeg om lage fornuft :hmhihi:

Jeg prøve bare snakke norsk, så jeg vil laere.

... forstår du meg?
Snøfnugg

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2012-11-30, 2:39

snøfnugg wrote:Hei

Jeg lærer også norsk, og jeg vil gjerne ha lære å snakke her, men jeg vet ikke om det jeg skriver gir mening. :hmhihi:

Jeg prøver bare å snakke norsk, så jeg kan lære.

... forstår dere meg?

Godt forsøk! :D
Nice try! :D

#1 In Norwegian, we add an -r to practically all verbs in the present tense.
#2 Since you speak French, think of it like this:
kjenne / kjenner = connaître
vite / vet = savoir
#3 Å lage fornuft would be to create sense/reason, so it doesn't exactly fit in here. Å gi mening literally means to give meaning, which is what we use.
#4 Du = you (one person) while dere = you (all)

snøfnugg

Postby snøfnugg » 2012-12-02, 16:34

Hallo Aleco, hvordan står det til?

Tusen takk til ditt (din?) oversettelser.

Gonna switch to English while I ask questions...
I understand the first part of the translations, the first sentence.
I see I also missed out the words 'og' and 'å' (and / to), I have a tendency to do that I think!

But I don't quite understand this change:
ikke kjenne jeg om lage fornuft
to
men jeg vet ikke om det jeg skriver gir mening

In my dictionary :) 'kjenne' means 'know' so this why I used it (plus it sounds a bit like Scottish 'ken' which is how I remember this word!) but I see my dictionary also says 'vite' for this, so you are saying 'vet' is also for this?

Also the last sentence, changed to 'can learn' rather than 'will learn', am I right? :)

Beklager for mange spørsmål :oops: jeg vil bare forstå.
Snøfnugg

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2012-12-03, 15:38

dine* oversettelser (oversettelsene dine* sounds better :) Remember from the other thread? We tend to add the possessive pronoun after what's being "owned")

Okay, I'll try answering your questions here now, and do the others tomorrow. Don't worry about all your questions, it's just nice for us to be able to help! I just happened to get home really late today, and need to get up early for school, so only this one thread today for me :)
In my dictionary 'kjenne' means 'know' so this why I used it (plus it sounds a bit like Scottish 'ken' which is how I remember this word!) but I see my dictionary also says 'vite' for this, so you are saying 'vet' is also for this?

"men jeg vet ikke om det jeg skriver gir mening"

Okay, so according to your profile, you already speak some French, so I am going to assume that you know the general difference between connaître and savoir. Connaître can be compared to kjenne while savoir is like vite.

Kjenne covers knowing people or, if combined with til ("kjenne til"), to know [of]; i.e. to have heard of.
- Jeg kjenner Trym = I know Trym
- Jeg kjenner til Batman = I know [[of] the movie/character] Batman
- Jeg kjenner Batman = I know Batman [personally]

Vite covers knowing facts.
- Jeg vet at det regner = I know that it's raining
- Jeg vet sannheten = I know the truth
- Jeg vet hvor du er = I know where you are

Kunne covers ability.
- Jeg kan norsk = I know [how to speak] Norwegian
- Jeg kan svømme = I know how to swim
(I know this is also covered by "can" in English, too, but I thought I'd mention it while I was at it.
Also the last sentence, changed to 'can learn' rather than 'will learn', am I right?

This is actually a false friend for the most part. A false friend means that a word that looks the same in two languages actually means different things. You see, vil almost always means want. It only means will in a certain context. The future tense is probably the hardest to lean for foreigners since we have two-three different ways of doing it depending on the gravity/determination. Skal is used when the subject has to, or is determined to do. Vil and, in order to not confuse vil with the meaning of want, kommer til å are used when the subject happens to end up doing something of natural causes. You will do it becuase it feels/is inevitable.
- Jeg vil dø = I want to die or I will end up dying
- Jeg kommer til å dø = I will end up dying (e.g. whatever is going on is [potentially] deadly)
- Jeg skal dø - I will die (e.g. I was sentenced to death / I'm committing suicide)

Jeg håper det hjalp!

snøfnugg

Postby snøfnugg » 2012-12-03, 20:10

Ja, I do remember that now from the other thread (så mye å huske :ohwell: )

Your explanation of kjenne / vite / kunne totally makes sense. Sometimes I just need things explained a few times before they sink in!

Also the kan / vil thing - my problem I think is that I see words that are familiar as English, and assume they mean the same thing. (Like 'middag' which I realised today does not mean 'midday').
I really need to stop doing that. :doh:

Ja, dette hjelper mye, tusen takk :yep:

Oh, I almost forgot...
Aleco wrote: I just happened to get home really late today, and need to get up early for school

Er du student? Eller er du lærer / lektor? :)

Jeg er programmerer (flere språk!)
Snøfnugg

Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”