Frigjøringsdagen

Moderator:Johanna

Raufoss
Frigjøringsdagen

Postby Raufoss » 2012-05-08, 19:30

Jeg flyr det norske flagg i dag fordi det er "Frigjøringsdagen." Den var 8. mai 1945 at den tyske okkupasjonsmakten kapitulerte og Norge var igjen et fritt land!

I am flying the Norwegian flag today because it is Liberation Day. It was on May 8, 1945 that the German occupation forces surrendered and Norway was once again a free country!

Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

Raufoss

Re: Frigjøringsdagen

Postby Raufoss » 2012-05-09, 9:54

Jeg ville være interessert i å vite hva noen av nordmennene mener om dette:

Combined ‘holiday’ stirs more critics

The Akershus Fortress and Castle in Oslo was once again the focal point for Norway’s observance on Tuesday of its newly combined Liberation Day and Veterans’ Day holiday on May 8th. Canons roared and flags flew, but May 8th still isn’t a legal day off from school or work, and rumbling continued among those who think politicians are grabbing the glory instead the veterans themselves.

The Akershus Fortress and Castle is both a military and historic
monument, often used for a wide variety of ceremonial events.

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2012-05-09, 16:30

I'm assuming it's still just a normal day at school and work because of May 1st the week before, and May 17th the week after. Two days full of parades, and only one week in between. Veteran's Day is for obvious reason not the same thing as in the US, so it doesn't call for any big celebrations, usually. May 8th as Liberation Day is of course well known, but among the common population, it's usually the older generation that flies the flag. It would be a nice and meaningful day to commemorate on, but May 1st and 17th are like Saturn and Jupiter, pulling in everything in between :P
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2014-05-08, 12:37

Hvert år på denne dagen flyr jeg min norske flagg og tenke på de eldre medlemmene av familien min i Norge som levde gjennom den nazistiske okkupasjonen.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2014-05-14, 18:17

Her er et bilde av kronprins Olavs triumferende tilbake fra Storbritannia til Oslo den 13. mai 1945. Norsk motstandsmann Max Manus som satt i passasjersetet foran fungerte som Olav livvakt.

Here is a picture of Crown Prince Olav's triumphant return from the UK to Oslo on May 13th 1945. Norwegian resistance fighter Max Manus who was sitting in the front passenger seat served as Olav's bodyguard.

EinarJ

Postby EinarJ » 2014-05-15, 18:30

Raufoss wrote:Her er et bilde av kronprins Olavs triumferende tilbakekomst fra Storbritannia til Oslo den 13. mai 1945. Den norske motstandsmannen Max Manus som satt i passasjersetet foran fungerte som Olav livvakt.

You could probably have dropped the "den norske" part completely, as it's given from context.

Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”