Need help for short Norwegian/English translation

Moderator:Johanna

yanugo
Need help for short Norwegian/English translation

Postby yanugo » 2012-04-25, 14:17

Hi,

I am looking for someone who could kindly translate this sentence for me:

- Begrunnelsen er at anbefalingen er fremsatt i forståelse med Couche-Tard. Derfor ønsker vi en uavhengig vurdering, sier han.

The complete texte can be found here: http://www.dn.no/forsiden/borsMarked/article2378191.ece

Many thanks!

Sylvain Larocque
Montréal, Canada

Remis

Re: Need help for short Norwegian/English translation

Postby Remis » 2012-04-25, 16:20

Hey!
Here's my take on it: "The justification for this is that the recommendation was put forwards in an understanding with Couche-Tard. That is why we want an independent assessment."

I'm not quite sure about the usage of the word "understanding" here, as the article doesn't really tell me much more about the case. So, I'd advise you to stick around for a while; the other Norwegian speakers on the board might want to edit/confirm my translation, haha.
Remis Kalvan | art / ˈfɛɪsˌbʊk | L1: [flag]no-nb[/flag] L2: [flag]en[/flag] reading short stories in: [flag]it[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]

TAC 2012 [flag]ja[/flag] [flag]la[/flag] ([flag]es-mx[/flag] [flag]non[/flag])
Of immense interest: [flag]grc[/flag] [flag]akk[/flag] [flag]egy[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag] [flag]mt[/flag] [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]eu[/flag] [flag]pl[/flag] [flag]prg[/flag] [flag]nah[/flag] [flag]qu[/flag] [flag]nv[/flag] [flag]zh.Hant[/flag]
Wanderlustin' for [flag]ain[/flag] [flag]ka[/flag] [flag]mn[/flag] [flag]cy[/flag] [flag]af[/flag]

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2012-04-25, 16:27

Sure! There is also a Translations thread for future requests.

- The reason [for the demand made by the Oslo Stock Market to reassess the bid] is that the recommendation has been presented in agreement with Couche-Tard. That is why we would like an independent assessment, he says.

It's sort of complicated. The information found in the brackets is from other parts of the article.

Edit: I guess Remis beat me to it! Well, now you have two to choose from :P They shouldn't be that different.
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

yanugo

Postby yanugo » 2012-04-25, 21:49

Many thanks to Remis and Aleco!

Cheers,

Sylvain

Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”