Norwegian Geography

Moderator:Johanna

Raufoss
Re: Norwegian Geography - Quizzes

Postby Raufoss » 2012-02-18, 7:18

Can you name the Boroughs of Oslo?

Det ser ut som linkene for "Purpose Games" norskgeografi quizzes ikke fungerer. :(
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2012-02-18, 11:47

8/16 :P I would only know like 2 or 3 if I hadn't moved here, though.
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

Remis

Postby Remis » 2012-02-18, 14:48

9/16 if I include Grünerløkka (the test spelt it Grunerløkka :|).
Disappointing.
I should have remembered at least Alna, Grorud, Stovner and St. Hanshaugen. :?

Seriously, if I can remember all the 196 countries of the world on the World test, surely I should be able to remember all the boroughs of my own city. :P
Remis Kalvan | art / ˈfɛɪsˌbʊk | L1: [flag]no-nb[/flag] L2: [flag]en[/flag] reading short stories in: [flag]it[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]

TAC 2012 [flag]ja[/flag] [flag]la[/flag] ([flag]es-mx[/flag] [flag]non[/flag])
Of immense interest: [flag]grc[/flag] [flag]akk[/flag] [flag]egy[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag] [flag]mt[/flag] [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]eu[/flag] [flag]pl[/flag] [flag]prg[/flag] [flag]nah[/flag] [flag]qu[/flag] [flag]nv[/flag] [flag]zh.Hant[/flag]
Wanderlustin' for [flag]ain[/flag] [flag]ka[/flag] [flag]mn[/flag] [flag]cy[/flag] [flag]af[/flag]

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2012-02-18, 15:32

Seems like we remembered the same ones then :lol:
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-02-22, 18:05

Det var mye lettere for meg å navngi alle bydelene i Oslo da jeg så et kart med grensene for hver bydel.

Kart over Oslo Bydeler

Raufoss

SV: Norwegian Geography

Postby Raufoss » 2012-07-07, 15:33

Norwegian Regions

Let’s take a look at Norwegian landsdeler (regions):

Svalbard. This island group in the Arctic Ocean between Norway and the North Pole is sometimes considered a part of

Nordnorge. The enormous, northern half of Norway is known for its dark winters, summer midnattssol (midnight sun), mosquitoes, endless plains inland and fishermen’s villages and islands at the coast. The nordlendinger (Northerners) are renowned for their generosity, openness and unceremonious sense of humour. Nordnorge is also the home of (most of) the Saami people.

Trøndelag. The Trondheim region is the link between Southern and Northern Norway. In the age of the Vikings it used to be the country’s centre even in a political sense… People from other parts of Norway often make fun of the trøndere – mostly because of their dialect, which can be really hard for other Norwegians to understand. The stereotypical trønder man has a long moustache and loves to drink karsk – a mixture of coffee and alcohol.

Vestlandet (”The West Country”). This is the place where people from Southern Europe go on vacation. Vestlandet is ”Norway in a nutshell” as the tourist leaflets say; it is the region with the highest mountains and most of Norway’s fiords, waterfalls and glaciers. Unfortunately, it also receives most of the country’s rain, and many vestlendinger are seen by other Norwegians as a bit reserved. One notable exception is the bergensere – the talkative inhabitants of the very picturesque and very rainy city of Bergen are sometimes called ”Norway’s Italians”.

Østlandet (”The East Country”) is the most populous part of Norway, mainly because of the capital, Oslo. Apart from Southern Telemark and the area around the Oslo Fiord, Østlandet is an inland region, with hot summers and (very) cold winters. It is a lot flatter than Vestlandet, and therefore has a lot of agriculture. People from other parts of the country sometimes see some of the østlendinger – Oslo people in particular – as a bit self-important, but hey! isn’t that the stereotype about capital regions everywhere? In real life you’ll find everything from busy Pakistani salesmen in downtown Oslo, to affluent boat aficionados along the coast, to hardworking farmers in inland Hedmark.

Sørlandet (”The South Country”). This is the Kristiansand region, Norway’s ”muzzle”. It is a popular holiday destination for Norwegian families (the Kristiand Zoo is famous among children all over Norway). The sørlendinger, who are sometimes referred to as ”stand-in Danes”, are known for their friendliness and soft way of talking.
Last edited by Raufoss on 2013-04-11, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

Remis

Re: SV: Norwegian Geography

Postby Remis » 2012-07-07, 20:31

Raufoss wrote:Nordnorge. The enormous, northern half of Norway is known for its dark winters, summer midnattssol (midnight sun), mosquitoes, endless plains inland and fishermen’s villages and islands at the coast. The nordlendinger (Northerners) are renowned for their generosity, openness and unceremonious sense of humour. Nordnorge is also the home of (most of) the Saami people.
Heheh, I can vouch for all of this. :P
Remis Kalvan | art / ˈfɛɪsˌbʊk | L1: [flag]no-nb[/flag] L2: [flag]en[/flag] reading short stories in: [flag]it[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]

TAC 2012 [flag]ja[/flag] [flag]la[/flag] ([flag]es-mx[/flag] [flag]non[/flag])
Of immense interest: [flag]grc[/flag] [flag]akk[/flag] [flag]egy[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag] [flag]mt[/flag] [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]eu[/flag] [flag]pl[/flag] [flag]prg[/flag] [flag]nah[/flag] [flag]qu[/flag] [flag]nv[/flag] [flag]zh.Hant[/flag]
Wanderlustin' for [flag]ain[/flag] [flag]ka[/flag] [flag]mn[/flag] [flag]cy[/flag] [flag]af[/flag]

MillMaths

Re: Norwegian geography

Postby MillMaths » 2012-11-10, 0:08

Norge

Norge er et land. Øst for Norge er Sverige, Finland og Russland. I nord ligger et hav som heter Nordishavet, i vest Nordsjøen og i sør Skagerrak. Hovedstaden i Norge heter Oslo. Bergen er en stor by som ligger i vest. Tromsø ligger langt mot nord. Mellom Tromsø og Trondheim ligger Bodø. Sognefjorden er en lang fjord som ligger i Vest-Norge. Jostedalsbreen er en isbre som ligger nord for Sognefjorden.

Colloquial Norwegian: A Complete Language Course, Kari Bråtveit, W. Glyn Jones and Kirsten Gade, 1995, Routledge, p.16

Raufoss

Re: Norwegian Geography

Postby Raufoss » 2013-04-06, 21:20

Her er linken til en god nettside med geografiske navn:

Geografiske navn

TeneReef

Re: SV: Norwegian Geography

Postby TeneReef » 2013-04-07, 20:24

Raufoss wrote:

Nordnorge. The enormous, northern half of Norway is known for its dark winters, summer midnattssol (midnight sun), mosquitoes, endless plains inland and fishermen’s villages and islands at the coast. The nordlendinger (Northerners) are renowned for their generosity, openness and unceremonious sense of humour. Nordnorge is also the home of (most of) the Saami people.

Vestlandet (”The West Country”). This is the place where people from Southern Europe go on vacation. Vestlandet is ”Norway in a nutshell” as the tourist leaflets say; it is the region with the highest mountains and most of Norway’s fiords, waterfalls and glaciers. Unfortunately, it also receives most of the country’s rain, and many vestlendinger are seen by other Norwegians as a bit reserved. One notable exception is the bergensere – the talkative inhabitants of the very picturesque and very rainy city of Bergen are sometimes called ”Norway’s Italians”.

These two sound like fun. :partyhat:
विकृतिः एवम्‌ प्रकृति
learning in 2019: (no-nn)

xNia

Postby xNia » 2013-04-12, 13:25

Diogenes wrote:
Jeg fikk 63 % og det tok meg 30,9 sekunder :oops: Jeg er en dårlig norskstudent...

Neida, du er ikke dårlig. Jeg er født og oppvokst i Norge og fikk 54% og det tok meg 1:15.7. :o :o Har ikke giddet å sitte og lære meg alle byene og liknende, da, og jeg har bare vært på Østlandet og Sørlandet. Riktignok kan jeg plassere mange land i verden (særlig Europa) og alle fylkene i Norge. :whistle:
Denne websiden har mange geografiquizer på norsk:
http://www.gruble.net/geografi/
Native [flag]no[/flag]
Fluent[flag]en[/flag]
Upper intermediate[flag]sv[/flag]
Beginner[flag]ar[/flag][flag]eg[/flag][flag]tr[/flag]
My blog on languages and random stuff

Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”