Norwegian football fans are cheering again

Moderator:Johanna

Raufoss
Re: Norwegian football fans are cheering again

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-03, 6:06

Axystos wrote:Jeg gleder meg til Brasil mot Norge. :)
Jeg er veldig spent på denne kampen. :y:

Jeg så en lokal klubb fotballkamp i kveld, og snakket med en venn om VM 1998 og den meget spennende seieren de norske mennene hadde mot Brasil!

Kjetil Rekdal!! :congrats: :woohoo: :whoo: :cheery:

HEIA NORGE!!
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-07-03, 8:29, edited 1 time in total.
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-03, 8:27

VM-helten Haavi: - En helt ny hverdag

Matchvinner Emilie Haavi opplever mye oppmerksomhet i fotballgale Tyskland.
Match winner Emilie Haavi is experiencing a whole new level of attention in football-mad Germany.

The 19-year-old was Norway's big hero when she scored the winning goal in the team's first match. Now everyone wants a piece of her. "I've never known anything like it. It's a lot of fun", said the girl from Bærum to TV 2 Sport.

The day after the win the squad went for recovery training at The Lady gym in Augsburg. Immo Niedre used the occasion to get her photo on his mobile. "This is going on the wall", he said, showing a picture he had taken of her.

Keeper Caroline Knutsen thinks her Røa teammate will take her success well. "It's difficult to get her down to earth now, she rushes round the place from interview to interview. But it isn't a problem", said Knutsen, who is Haavi's roommate at the championship.

Raufoss

SV: Norwegian football fans are cheering again

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-03, 12:17

Dagen før den store dagen

Day before the big day!

By Mari Knudsen

The day before the Brazil match goes into preparation. The first training was at 10.00 and the eager supporters who we are, we of course came to look at it. The result was not really that we have not seen so much, but also trained a little ourselves, and you should have seen the goals we scored, but it was perhaps not what we should talk about.

Since it was a voluntary exercise, there were not many who were there so the interviews to come later. It meant that we had to come to the next training which would also be 19.30 in the evening. Before that we had time to see that Sweden has gone on to the quarter finals and take Magne and Karen. They follow of Norway's matches down here along with several of the other parents.

(Note - I saw Magne and Karen on the ESPN station along with Ingvild Stensland's father during the Equatorial Guinea match.)

The evening training was in the stadium and the weather was not much to brag about. When I went away from home and saw that there would be rain was just something I chose not to believe in and packed when no rain gear. As well as we sat under the roof. Hoping for the same tomorrow.

We are looking forward to the match and full grandstands, and that the girls from the LSK will play most.

Below you can see interviews with both:

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-04, 21:38

Dessverre var det ikke mye å juble på i løpet av Norges 3-0 tapet mot Brasil i går. Den gode nyheten for kvinnefotball landslaget er at de fortsatt kan kvalifisere seg for VM kvartfinalen med seier mot Australia denne onsdagen.

Unfortunately there wasn't much to cheer about during Norway's 3-0 loss to Brazil yesterday. :( The good news for women's national team is that they can still qualify for the World Cup quarterfinals with a victory against Australia this Wednesday.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-06, 10:07

Mjelde: - Viktigste kampen jeg har spilt

Mjelde: - The most important match I have played

Much is at stake for Maren Mjelde and Norway.

Norway must beat Australia to go further in the World Cup. After a weak beginning, a loss or a draw on Wednesday will mean they will come home. It will also mean they will not be part of next year's Olympics.

Arna-Bjørnar's Maren Mjelde knows very well how high the stakes are. "This is the most important match for a long time, maybe my most important ever. But we must look at it as fun. We can go far, but we have to take this match", she said.

On Sunday she and the rest of the team struggled against Marta, but that is now in the past. "The match will be a memory but I can't afford to think about it now. It would be energy-sapping. Just now I have to give myself only to the Australia match", said Mjelde. She thinks it's all right that Norway depends on three points at the Bay Arena in Leverkusen. "It's better that we have to win".

Striker Elise Thorsnes says the same. She played only the second half against Brazil and is now more than ready to take on Australia. "I am excited, I'm feeling butterflies. Only a win is good enough - that's a good starting-point".

She is looking for a goal at the World Cup. Only Emilie Haavi has scored so far when she was the matchwinner against Equatorial Guinea. "I had two good chances but they were blocked. A goal against Australia would be nice", said Thorsnes.

The 22-year-old agrees that Norway has struggled in the attack, especially with passing. "The defence must be solid, and we must counter-attack. We must take better care of the ball when we win it", said Elise Thorsnes.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-06, 10:58

Vraker Herlovsen?

Rejecting/Replacing Herlovsen?

Eli Landsem is expected to make changes in the squad for the crunch match against Australia. It is certain that Lene Mykjåland will come in as the hanging striker, which means Madeleine Giske will step down, while Cecilie Pedersen could start the match at the cost of Isabell Herlovsen.

It's also probable that Marita Skammelsrud Lund with her speed will be a central defender, to help stop Norway being overrun by the opponent's fastest striker. On Wednesday it will be Lisa De Vanna. Hedda Strand Gardsjord will come in again at right-back.

Norway's training session on Tuesday morning was closed. At the session at the stadium in the afternoon the players trained with the ball.

Probable starters: Ingrid Hjelmseth – Hedda Strand Gardsjord, Maren Mjelde, Marita Skammelsrud Lund, Guro Knutsen Mienna – Ingvild Stensland, Trine Rønning – Emilie Haavi, Lene Mykjåland, Elise Thorsnes – Cecilie Pedersen.

Axystos

Postby Axystos » 2011-07-06, 17:38

Norge trenger bare et mål, men Australia er bedre. Jeg frykter at vi ser Norges siste kampen. :(
Native: Nederlands; C2: Deutsch; C1: English;
B1: русский, français, 日本語;
A2: norsk, svenska; A1: português, italiano, español, čeština, polski

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-06, 22:00

Axystos wrote:Norge trenger bare et mål, men Australia er bedre. Jeg frykter at vi ser Norges siste kampen. :(
Dessverre din frykt (og min) ble realisert. :(

Elise Thorsnes sendte Norge i ledelsen, men Australia kjempet seg tilbake og sendte Norge ut av mesterskapet.

Elise Thorsnes sent Norway into the lead, but Australia fought back and sent Norway out of the championship.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-07, 6:07

NORGE UTE AV VM - TAPTE 2-1

Norway's women played their best match in the World Cup, but lost 2-1 to Australia in a highly dramatic match. It was a match they had to win.

Norway layed low at the start and let Australia roll the ball round without a breakthrough. After 15 minutes they started to go for their first chances. Cecilie Pedersen was close after a ball from her went over a defender, but keeper Melissa Barbieri got a hand to it.

The first half was even but as half time approched Norway took over more. They pressed Australia to several mistakes, the combination play worked better, and the strikers had chances.

Norway made two changes at half time. Emilie Haavi was replaced by debutante Kristine Hegland, and Ingrid Hjelmseth was replaced as keeper by Erika Skarbø after a knock on a foot.

Norway continued to steer the match in the second half and after 56 minutes Ingvild Stensland sent a ball forward. The Australia defense were in confusion as Elise Thorsnes snapped it up in front of Barbieri and put it into the open goal.

But a minute later there was a cold sponge. Australia went straight into the attack. Trine Rønning won the ball but lost it to Lisa De Vanna, who passed back at 45 degrees to Kyah Simon for her to place it in at the far corner of the net. After that the girls from Down Under took the initiative again. In the 84th minute Norway had a free kick on the 18-yard line but Trine Rønning placed it on the crossbar.

This was not Norway's day. Three minutes from the end Australia sent a ball into the box. Ingvild Stensland lost the duel and Kyah Simon scored her second goal. Substitute Isabell Herlovsen had a huge chance at the end but it was already too late.

Raufoss

Røa-Nordby: - Rammene i Norge er for dårlige

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-07, 15:05

Røa-Nordby: - Rammene i Norge er for dårlige

Røa-Nordby: - The framework in Norway is poor

** Norway's worst World Cup result ever
** Smoked out of the World Cup and missing the Olympics next year

After the 2-1 defeat to Australia Norway's team is travelling home from the World Cup. It is an exit from the championship and also from next year's Olympics. Røa trainer Geir Nordby told the NFF and the team management they must set out a new direction for women's football in Norway. He had five players on Norway's squad and says the result has spoiled the summer holiday.

"The NFF must now decide what they want to do with women's football in Norway. Somebody must chart a new course, and I am willing to help", said Nordby to VG Nett.

Norway lost 1-2. Elise Thorsnes gave them the lead when she jumped in on a confused melee in the Australian defence, but Kyah Simon scored the equaliser before Norway's celebrations had quitened down. The same player scored the decisive goal at the end, after Trine Rønning had put a free kick on to Australia's crossbar.

"There's nothing to say about them being kicked out of the World Cup. This was definitely their best performance of the tournament, but it's well deserved that Australia go forward while Norway travel home", said NRK expert Hallvar Thoresen.

The mood in the studio was equally clear. "Something must be done in Norwegian women's football", said Røa-captain Siri Nordby.

"This is the women's weakest World Cup. If this isn't a fiasco, I don't know what is", said Stabæk's Lise Klaveness.

Norway were best in the first half, and produced a couple of small chances, but there was never any consistent danger for Australia's keeper Melissa Barbieri. Cecilie Pedersen was the closest with a volley from short range.

"We have enough talent and good players in the team, but the arrangements aren't right. I have thought that for a long time. It costs money to produce sports at top level, and for us at Røa we have to work outside football. It isn't optimal", said Geir Nordby.

Raufoss

Norge ute av VM - og OL

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-07, 15:20

Norge hadde taket på Australia, men tapte til slutt.

Norge ute av VM - og OL

Norway is out of the World Cup and the Olympics

Norway were going to the quarter-finals for 60 seconds yesterday. That is how long it took from Elise Thorsnes's opening goal to Australia's equaliser. Trine Rønning, whose mistake led to the equaliser, was millimetres from sending Norway into the lead again when her free-kick in the 84th minute hit the crossbar and came out. Three minutes later Kyah Simon scored the winning goal.

With defeat in the contest for the eighth and last quarter-final place Norway are out of the World Cup, but also out of the running for next year's Olympics. The next championship Eli Landsem can hope to take part in is the European Cup in Sweden in two years. "We will come back, I promise", said Landsem after the match.

Norway made an honest attempt and played their best match of the tournament. If it hadn't been for a moment's lack of concentration by Trine Rønning straight after Norway took the lead, they could have gone further.

Norway created the most but needed some help from Australian confusion to get the ball into goal. In the 56th minute Ingvild Stensland played a long ball forward. Two defenders thought they had played the ball back to the keeper, but Thorsnes burst in and took the ball in front of Melissa Barbieri to place it into an empty goal.

A minute later came the equaliser. Trine Rønning had really won a duel with Lisa De Vanna, but the Australian striker took it back, went to the by-line and passed back to Kyah Simon who placed the ball past Erika Skarbø. "At 1-0 I thought this could be the end, but I never gave up", said Lisa De Vanna.

Eli Landsem made five changes in the starting eleven after the match against Brazil, and put Rønning's experience ahead of Marita Skammelsrud Lund's speed in central defence to try to stop De Vanna. But Australia used Norway's imprecise passing to send up wave after wave of attacks. Good defending meant that Australia could not create chances.

The first chance came when Gry Tofte Ims was played free but she was caught before she could finish. The Cecilie Pedersen reacted quickly when the ball came over defender Servet Uzunlar. Her shot went just over the bar.

Elise Thorsnes forced Barbieri to make two spectacular saves with long-range shots. "The play was much better today so it's a bitter feeling that we are out", said Lene Mykjåland.

Ingrid Hjelmseth injured an ankle after taking a high cross in the first half. She continued to half time after treatment but Erika Skarbø took over after half time. Also at half time 18-year-old Kristine Hegland came in for Emilie Haavi.

After the goals Australia began to create chances, and the match could have been decided before it was. Trine Rønning's header just over the goal after a corner from Ingvild Stensland was Norway's best chance until the free kick at the end.

Australia – Norway 2-1 (0-0), Leverkusen Stadium
18,474 spectators.
Goals: 0-1 Elise Thorsnes (56), 1-1 Kyah Simon (57), 2-1 Simon (87).
Ref: Estela Alvarez, Argentina.
Yellow cards: Kim Carroll (45), Heather Garriock (68), Australia; Hedda Strand Gardsjord (90), Norway.

Norway (4-2-3-1):
Ingrid Hjelmseth (Erika Skarbø 46) –
Hedda Strand Gardsjord, Trine Rønning, Maren Mjelde, Guro Knutsen Mienna –
Ingvild Stensland, Gry Tofte Ims (Isabell Herlovsen 82) –
Emilie Haavi (Kristine Wigdahl Hegland 46), Lene Mykjåland, Elise Thorsnes –
Cecilie Pedersen.
Bench: Caroline Knutsen – Nora Holstad Berge, Marita Skammelsrud Lund, Runa Vikestad, Leni Larsen Kaurin, Madeleine Giske, Ingrid Ryland.

Australia (4-4-2):
Melissa Barbieri –
Caitlin Foord (Ellyse Perry 90), Servet Uzunlar, Kim Carroll, Elise Kellond-Knight –
Samantha Kerr (Laura Alleway 81), Clare Polkinghorne, Collette McCallum, Heather Garriock –
Lisa De Vanna, Kyah Simon.
Bench: Lydia Williams, Casey Dumont – Teigen Allen, Emily van Egmond, Tameka Butt, Sally Shipard, Lauren Colthorpe, Leena Khamis.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-08, 6:00

De ansvarlige skylder på uflaks og marginer

For første gang må Norge reise hjem fra VM etter gruppespillet. - Tilfeldig, mener de ansvarlige.

- Noen ganger bikker det feil vei, sier landslagstrener Eli Landsem.

- Det var snakk om to og en halv centimeter, sier fotballpresident Yngve Hallén.

- Vi hadde fortjent å vinne denne kampen, sier toppfotballsjef Nils Johan Semb.

"Sometimes things go the wrong way", said trainer Eli Landsem. After three matches which all ended in disappointment, those in charge put it down to bad luck and margins.

- En fiasko

In the NRK studio Lise Klaveness, who could not go to Germany with the team because of injury, called it a fiasco. Norway went out after what was clearly their best match of the tournament. After 56 minutes Elise Thorsnes jumped on a defensive mix-up in the Australia penalty area and took a 1-0 lead for Norway. The quarter-finals looked close. But a minute later Trine Rønning lost the ball at the other end of the pitch and the score was 1-1. "A personal mistake. It's easy to say afterwards, but I should have put the ball out for a throw-in", she said. Six minutes from the end she had a chance to put things right with a free-kick, but it went off the crossbar. Kyah Simon then scored her second goal and Norway had lost 2-1.

"In this championship we have not been good enough. We knew this would be a key match, and I think we played well, four or five notches up from the two previous matches", said captain Ingvild Stensland. Maren Mjelde had problems believeing it was all over. "It's a little unreal that we are going home now. It's over before it really began. There are some difficult weeks ahead", said Mjelde, who delivered a good performance.

"Have you lost form?" - "Physically we are all in good form, but we had to be in top football form as well. For many there has been a lot that is new at the World Cup", said Mjelde. But she would not blame the 20,000 crowd, instead of the 200 she is used to. "Perhaps the pressure has been a bit too much, but I don't feel that it has. I have not been nervous, I think it has been only fun", she said.

She realises this is the first time Norway have come home after the group matches. "It's not good to be part of that, but we have a lot of young players, and now we start again. We have good time, the next championship is not for two years", said Maren Mjelde.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-10, 8:50

SEMB: KRAVENE HAR BLITT TØFFERE

Semb: the demands are tougher now

Norway's football chief Nils Johan Semb is determined to improve the nation's women's football. On Wednesday evening their World Cup adventure finished with a 2-1 loss to Australia in the last group match.

"This sends us the signal that the demands of international women's football are becoming tougher. We have to admit it and assess ourselves to find out how to keep up. That is the key to competing in future championships", said Semb.

Along with the rest of Norway's delegation he was disappointed that the tournament is already over for them, but he is already starting to plan the route back. "We have already increased the support for the youth teams by 30 percent this season, and that will increase again next year. We must also see how we can better follow up the senior players. We have to look at the league structure at the top level and make the Toppserien even tougher. Perhaps we need fewer teams in the Toppserien than the present twelve", he said.

The 2012 Olympics are already out of the picture for Norway. The three next big championships are the European Cup in Sweden in 2013, The World Cup in Canada in 2015 and the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 2016.

"We need to set ourselves long-term goals, and aim to develop quick and tough individual players. We must optimise the players' everyday experience. These are some of the thoughts, and it must be possible", said Semb, who thought it was a pity they did not achieve a better result in the last match, which was their best of the tournament. "We underperformed in the first two matches, but not against Australia", he said. He emphasized that the level of football in this World Cup is the best ever, and this is a positive trend for women's football.

"This championship shows there has been a big development in the breadth. Some of the best nations, Brazil, USA and Norway, have stepped back a little while the others are stepping up", said Semb.

The national youth teams are developing well, with silver in the European Cup for the Under-19s, who are also in next year's Under-20 World Cup in Uzbekistan. The Under-16s have beaten both France and Germany in friendlies. "That promises well for the coming years. Now we must make sure the U-19s get the best results next year, and that the younger teams follow on. These players are tomorrow's A-team, and they are absolutely there in the plans for the 2016 Olympics", said the chief.
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-07-10, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-10, 17:20

Amazing quarterfinal match going on between the U.S. and Brazil right now. Besides the fact that Norway lost to Brazil during group play, here's another good reason for Norwegian football fans to cheer for the U.S. and against Brazil today:

Hege Riise brings U.S. an edge

A former Norwegian captain, Riise is one of only three women to win a World Cup, an Olympic gold medal and a European championship. She earned 188 international caps, scored 58 goals and played in four World Cups before retiring from international play in 2004.

The 1995 World Cup was Riise's finest moment: She won the Golden Ball as the tournament's top player, while leading Norway to the championship. In the Olympics five years later, she assisted on two goals, including the overtime game winner, in Norway's 3-2 gold-medal victory over the U.S., after the Americans tied the game in the final seconds of regulation. The Norwegian Football Association named Riise the country's greatest female player in 2003.
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-07-11, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-11, 10:44

Det var fantastisk å komme å se Hege Riise på TV i går feiret med resten av USAs trenerteamet etter en slik dramatisk seier over Brasil i kvartfinalen. 8-)

It was fantastic getting to see Hege Riise on TV yesterday celebrating with the rest of the USA's coaching staff after such a dramatic victory over Brazil in the quarterfinals.

Riise klar for VM semifinale

Hege Riise is the assistant trainer of the USA team, and on Sunday evening she and head coach Pia Sundhage celebrated an important win. The USA beat Brazil on penalties after an exciting quarter-final. The USA led 1-0, before Brazil equalised and the USA had a player sent off.

In extra time Brazil took the lead, but a huge error by keeper Andreia in stoppage time at the end of extra time allowed Abby Wambach to score the 2-2 equaliser, taking the match to penalties. The USA won 5-3 and are through to a semifinal against France in Mönchengladbach on Wednesday.

Hege Riise has a championship medal from the 1995 World Cup and a gold medal from the 2000 Olympics as a player, and has been an assistant coach for the U.S. team since 2009. She also played three seasons for Carolina Courage and won the WUSA league championship in 2002.

Raufoss

Heia Hege

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-13, 12:58

Heia Hege

Riise played in four FIFA Women’s World Cup tournaments (1991, 1995, 1999 and 2003), and scored the first goal in Norway’s 2-0 victory against Germany in the 1995 FIFA Women’s World Cup Final. She was awarded the Golden Ball as the tournament’s top player, something only four other women on earth have earned; Carin Gabarra of the USA, Sun Wen of China, Birgit Prinz of Germany and Marta of Brazil. Not bad company for sure.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-14, 11:18

I kveld kan Hege Riise komme til finalen i VM

This evening, Hege Riise can get to the World Cup final

By Mari Knudsen
Updated: 07/13/2011

This evening, our former Team Strømmen coach, Hege Riise, can get to the World Cup final. Now it's not as our coach she is most known, but as one of the world's best women soccer players. Hege won the World Cup in Sweden in 1995 and our most recent gold medal in the 2000 Olympics.

After the 2008 season, Hege received an offer she could not refuse, namely to become an assistant coach for the United States. Since then she has been across the pond and now she can help bring the U.S. to the World Cup final.

Here you can see what U.S. Soccer has written about Hege

We wish Hege lots of luck and look forward to watching the match tonight.

Axystos

Postby Axystos » 2011-07-14, 13:13

Neste søndag: Japan mot Amerika. Jeg var glad da Amerika slo Brasil på søndag, men nå må jeg innrømme at jeg håper at Japan vinner. :)
Native: Nederlands; C2: Deutsch; C1: English;
B1: русский, français, 日本語;
A2: norsk, svenska; A1: português, italiano, español, čeština, polski

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-14, 17:54

Siden du er i Tyskland, Axystos, jeg lurer på hva synes du om media dekning av Kvinne-VM?

Axystos wrote:Neste søndag: Japan mot Amerika. Jeg var glad da Amerika slo Brasil på søndag, men nå må jeg innrømme at jeg håper at Japan vinner. :)
Dette skal bli en fantastisk finale. En slik kontrast i spillestiler samt kulturer i de to landene.

This will be a fantastic finale. There is such a contrast in playing styles as well as the cultures of the two countries.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-16, 12:43

Hege Riise wasn't the only Norwegian directly involved in the USA's semifinal victory over France.

PEDERSEN VIDERE I VM

Christina Pedersen was happy and surprised after being named as the fourth referee in the semifinal between France and USA. "It was a big surprise. I felt the matches I had refereed had gone well but did not expect to do any more. I was ready to come home when the message came through", she said.

The World Cup has been a big experience for her. "This has been a fantastic championship and I have never seen such interest around women's football. It's my biggest experience in football", said Pedersen.

Two Norwegians will be involved in Wednesday's match, because Hege Riise will be on the trainers' bench for the USA.

Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”