Nordisk Filmdiskusjon

Moderators: Aleco, Johanna

User avatar
Raufoss
Posts: 3779
Joined: 2008-06-08, 21:45
Gender: male
Location: South of LA near the beach
Country: US United States (United States)

Nordisk Filmdiskusjon

Postby Raufoss » 2009-01-24, 19:31

During the past year I have rented a lot of norske filmer (Norwegian films). Not only has the quality of norske filmer improved over the years, but it has also been a good way for me to get en liten norsk leksjon by listening to spoken norsk med engelsk tekst.

Her er flere norske filmer som jeg likte best:

Buddy (2003)

Hawaii, Oslo (2004)

Den Brysomme Mannen (The Bothersome Man) (2006)

Reprise (2006)

Søndagsengler (The other side of Sunday) (1996)
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-05-27, 17:25, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Aleco
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 8596
Joined: 2006-04-10, 19:05
Real Name: Alecsander
Gender: male
Location: Onsøy
Country: NO Norway (Norge)
Contact:

Re: Norsk Filmdiskusjon

Postby Aleco » 2009-01-24, 20:34

Raufoss wrote:I løpet av de siste årene, har jeg leid mange norske filmer. Ikke bare har kvaliteten på norske filmer blitt bedre gjennom årene, men det har også vært en god mulighet for meg til å få norskleksjoner ved å høre norsk snakket med engelsk tekst.

Her er de norske filmer som jeg likte best:

Jeg oversetter bare for å hjelpe deg :)

I've already menioned some movies in the other thread, but I won't bring them here at the moment because of Saturday night laziness :lol:
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Understands (sv) Understands (dk) Studied (ja)
Mom's side of the family (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs) Playing with (ga)

User avatar
Raufoss
Posts: 3779
Joined: 2008-06-08, 21:45
Gender: male
Location: South of LA near the beach
Country: US United States (United States)

SV: Norsk Filmdiskusjon

Postby Raufoss » 2009-01-25, 4:02

Aleco wrote:Jeg oversetter bare for å hjelpe deg :)

Tusen takk igjen for alle din hjelpen! 8-)

Aleco wrote:I've already mentioned some movies in the other thread, but I won't bring them here at the moment because of Saturday night laziness :lol:

I know exactly how that Saturday night laziness goes. :mrgreen: I have a serious case of this condition myself right now. :lol:
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-05-27, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

slipbats0
Posts: 152
Joined: 2008-10-05, 23:24
Real Name: Feli
Gender: male
Country: ES Spain (España)

Re: Norsk Filmdiskusjon

Postby slipbats0 » 2009-01-25, 5:55

If you put in ''Mannen som elsket Yngve - del 1'' in youtube, you can watch this entire film. http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannen_som ... ngve_(film) It's pretty average, i'd say, but probably worth your time as a learner...?

Tusen takk igjen for alle din hjelpen! (sounds overly polite, even royal, if that's what you wanted it should be ''Tusen takk igjen for all din hjelp'')

User avatar
Sean of the Dead
Posts: 3884
Joined: 2008-10-11, 17:51
Real Name: Sean Jorgenson
Gender: male
Location: Kent
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Norsk Filmdiskusjon

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-01-25, 6:02

Letehn wrote:If you put in ''Mannen som elsket Yngve - del 1'' in youtube, you can watch this entire film. http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannen_som ... ngve_(film) It's pretty average, i'd say, but probably worth your time as a learner...?

Tusen takk igjen for alle din hjelpen! (sounds overly polite, even royal, if that's what you wanted it should be ''Tusen takk igjen for all din hjelp'')

Need subtitles in Norwegian so I can figure out what they're saying. :P
Nevermind, I found some. :mrgreen:
Main focuses: [flag]kw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag]
Sub focus: Plautdietsch
On my own: [flag]is[/flag]

User avatar
Raufoss
Posts: 3779
Joined: 2008-06-08, 21:45
Gender: male
Location: South of LA near the beach
Country: US United States (United States)

Mannen som elsket Yngve

Postby Raufoss » 2009-01-25, 18:18

Letehn wrote:If you put in ''Mannen som elsket Yngve - del 1'' in youtube, you can watch this entire film. http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannen_som ... ngve_(film) It's pretty average, i'd say, but probably worth your time as a learner...?

Kult! 8-)

I just heard about this movie recently, but I don't think it is available yet on DVD med engelsk tekst. Here is the IMBD link:

Mannen som elsket Yngve (The Man Who Loved Ynge) (2008)

Tusen takk igjen for alle din hjelpen! (sounds overly polite, even royal, if that's what you wanted it should be ''Tusen takk igjen for all din hjelp'')
Tusen takk for det! :y: [/color]

sjheiss wrote:Need subtitles in Norwegian so I can figure out what they're saying. :P
Nevermind, I found some. :mrgreen:

Where did you find engelsk tekst that can be used with the youtube video?
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-06-01, 22:16, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Sean of the Dead
Posts: 3884
Joined: 2008-10-11, 17:51
Real Name: Sean Jorgenson
Gender: male
Location: Kent
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Norsk Filmdiskusjon

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-01-25, 20:03

Here. Although I had to shrink the window so it fit between the video and the side of my screen. :P
Main focuses: [flag]kw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag]
Sub focus: Plautdietsch
On my own: [flag]is[/flag]

User avatar
Mockingbird
Posts: 58
Joined: 2008-12-25, 20:34

Re: Norsk Filmdiskusjon

Postby Mockingbird » 2009-01-26, 15:50

Jeg fikk faktisk sett to norske filmer i helgen. På tips fra sjheiss så jeg Reprise og Den brysomme mannen :). Begge to severdige og interessante på hver sin måte.
Please correct my errors in all languages.

User avatar
Sean of the Dead
Posts: 3884
Joined: 2008-10-11, 17:51
Real Name: Sean Jorgenson
Gender: male
Location: Kent
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Norsk Filmdiskusjon

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-01-26, 18:58

Mockingbird wrote:Jeg fikk faktisk sett to norske filmer i helgen. På tips fra sjheiss så jeg Reprise og Den brysomme mannen :). Begge to severdige og interessante på hver sin måte.


Hva betyr "i helgen" og "brysomme"? Jeg kan ikke finne dem på (i?) noen ordbøker. :/
Main focuses: [flag]kw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag]
Sub focus: Plautdietsch
On my own: [flag]is[/flag]

User avatar
Raufoss
Posts: 3779
Joined: 2008-06-08, 21:45
Gender: male
Location: South of LA near the beach
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Norsk Filmdiskusjon

Postby Raufoss » 2009-01-26, 19:09

sjheiss wrote:
Mockingbird wrote:Jeg fikk faktisk sett to norske filmer i helgen. På tips fra sjheiss så jeg Reprise og Den brysomme mannen :). Begge to severdige og interessante på hver sin måte.


Hva betyr "i helgen" og "brysomme"? Jeg kan ikke finne dem på (i?) noen ordbøker. :/

The English translation for "helgen" in this sentence is "the weekend" and the translation for "Den brysomme mannen" is "The Bothersome Man."

However, I'm not sure what the English translation for fikk faktisk would be and am also having trouble understanding the sentence "Begge to (both) severdige (??) og interessante (and interesting) på hver (on each??) sin måte (??) ." :noclue:

I just thought I would add that I checked the lexin.no online ordbok and got the following result for "helg:"

dag(er) de fleste har fri fra arbeid, f eks lørdag, søndag og helligdager

I also couldn't find "brysomme" in any of the ordbøker that I checked, but when I was first looking for information about "Den brysomme mannen," I came across the English title of this movie.
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-05-27, 17:32, edited 2 times in total.
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

User avatar
Raufoss
Posts: 3779
Joined: 2008-06-08, 21:45
Gender: male
Location: South of LA near the beach
Country: US United States (United States)

Problems with "subscene.com" site

Postby Raufoss » 2009-01-26, 20:10

sjheiss wrote:Here. Although I had to shrink the window so it fit between the video and the side of my screen. :P
Unfortunately I seemed to have some problems with this "subscene.com" site. :(

Immediately after I went to this site my internet connection slowed to a crawl and I started getting annoying "Threat detected!" pop-up messages. I spent the next two hours running an anti-virus scan and even though my internet speed has returned to normal, I just got another pop-up message a few minutes ago so I'm still concerned about this.
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-06-01, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

User avatar
j0nas
Posts: 439
Joined: 2007-07-14, 10:56
Gender: male
Location: Trondheim
Country: NO Norway (Norge)

Re: Norsk Filmdiskusjon

Postby j0nas » 2009-01-26, 20:29

Raufoss wrote:
I also couldn't find "brysomme" in any of the ordbøker that I checked, but when I was first looking for information about "Den brysomme mannen," I came across the English title of this movie.
[/color]


But what happens if you look for "brysom"? ;)

my dictionary says: troublesome, bothersome, trying, wearisome

User avatar
Raufoss
Posts: 3779
Joined: 2008-06-08, 21:45
Gender: male
Location: South of LA near the beach
Country: US United States (United States)

SV: Brysomme

Postby Raufoss » 2009-01-26, 20:42

j0nas wrote:
But what happens if you look for "brysom"? ;)

my dictionary says: troublesome, bothersome, trying, wearisome

I used the Lexin and TriTrans online ordbøkene to check "brysomme," "brysomm," and "brysom," but didn't get any "hits." :(

Just out of curiosity, which ordbok did you use?


[Edit]

I just used the link mentioned by "Æren" in the following post from the "Norwegian discussion group" thread.

Æren wrote:I use this: http://www.sensagent.com/.

Here was the result:

translations

brysom (adj.)

bothersome

8-)
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-09-01, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

User avatar
Sean of the Dead
Posts: 3884
Joined: 2008-10-11, 17:51
Real Name: Sean Jorgenson
Gender: male
Location: Kent
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: SV: Brysomme

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-01-26, 21:24

Raufoss wrote:
j0nas wrote:
But what happens if you look for "brysom"? ;)

my dictionary says: troublesome, bothersome, trying, wearisome

I used the Lexin and TriTrans online ordbøkene to check "brysomme," "brysomm," and "brysom," but didn't get any "hits." :(

Just out of curiosity, which ordbok did you use?


[Edit]

I just used the link mentioned by "Æren" in the following post from the "Norwegian discussion group" thread.

Æren wrote:I use this: http://www.sensagent.com/.

Here was the result:

translations

brysom (adj.)

bothersome

8-)



Samme her ( :P ), jeg bruker bare Lexin og TriTrans. Jeg trenger å kjøpe en ordbok, men jeg har ikke mye penge(r?). :(
Main focuses: [flag]kw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag]
Sub focus: Plautdietsch
On my own: [flag]is[/flag]

User avatar
Raufoss
Posts: 3779
Joined: 2008-06-08, 21:45
Gender: male
Location: South of LA near the beach
Country: US United States (United States)

SV: Brysomme

Postby Raufoss » 2009-01-26, 21:39

sjheiss wrote:Samme her ( :P ), jeg bruker bare Lexin og TriTrans. Jeg trenger å kjøpe en ordbok, men jeg har ikke mye penge(r?). :(

Jeg bruker Lexin og TriTrans når jeg er på nett fordi det er "most convenient" for meg. Nå skal jeg også bruke sensagent hvis jeg ikke har suksess med Lexin eller TriTrans.
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-09-01, 10:12, edited 4 times in total.
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

User avatar
Aleco
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 8596
Joined: 2006-04-10, 19:05
Real Name: Alecsander
Gender: male
Location: Onsøy
Country: NO Norway (Norge)
Contact:

Re: SV: Brysomme

Postby Aleco » 2009-01-26, 23:14

Raufoss wrote:
sjheiss wrote:Samme her ( :P ), jeg bruker bare Lexin og TriTrans. Jeg trenger å kjøpe en ordbok, men jeg har ikke mye penger. :(

Jeg bruker Lexin og TriTrans når jeg er på nett fordi det er
best for meg. Nå skal jeg også bruke sensagent hvis jeg ikke har noe hell med Lexin eller TriTrans.


Sjheiss: penger is correct. :)
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Understands (sv) Understands (dk) Studied (ja)
Mom's side of the family (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs) Playing with (ga)

User avatar
Mockingbird
Posts: 58
Joined: 2008-12-25, 20:34

Re: Norsk Filmdiskusjon

Postby Mockingbird » 2009-01-27, 0:21

Raufoss wrote:
sjheiss wrote:
Mockingbird wrote:Jeg fikk faktisk sett to norske filmer i helgen. På tips fra sjheiss så jeg Reprise og Den brysomme mannen :). Begge to severdige og interessante på hver sin måte.


Hva betyr "i helgen" og "brysomme"? Jeg kan ikke finne dem på (i?) noen ordbøker. :/

The English translation for "helgen" in this sentence is "the weekend" and the translation for "Den brysomme mannen" is "The Bothersome Man."

However, I'm not sure what the English translation for "fikk faktisk" would be and am also having trouble understanding the sentence "Begge to (both) severdige (??) og interessante (and interesting) på hver (on each??) sin måte (??) ." :noclue:



fikk is the simple past of å få (to get).
faktisk = "actually" in this sentence (indicates suprise).
I helgen = In the weekend, like you said.
severdig is made up of two words: se (see/watch) and verdig (worth / worthy) = "worth seeing", or "watchable"
på hver sin måte means, loosely translated: "each in their own way"

Putting it all together:
I actually got to see two Norwegian films this weekend. (...). [I found them] both watchable in their own way.

I think that's the best translation I can provide. Note that the last sentence is actually a sentence fragment, and not very well written. Shame on me :blush:.

Jeg likte begge to kunne jeg for eksempel ha sagt.
Please correct my errors in all languages.

User avatar
Raufoss
Posts: 3779
Joined: 2008-06-08, 21:45
Gender: male
Location: South of LA near the beach
Country: US United States (United States)

"Reprise" og "Den brysomme mannen"

Postby Raufoss » 2009-01-27, 21:32

Mockingbird wrote:fikk is the simple past of å få (to get).
faktisk = "actually" in this sentence (indicates suprise).
I helgen = In the weekend, like you said.
severdig is made up of two words: se (see/watch) and verdig (worth / worthy) = "worth seeing", or "watchable"
på hver sin måte means, loosely translated: "each in their own way"

Putting it all together:
I actually got to see two Norwegian films this weekend. (...). [I found them] both watchable in their own way.

I think that's the best translation I can provide. Note that the last sentence is actually a sentence fragment, and not very well written. Shame on me :blush:.

Jeg likte begge to kunne jeg for eksempel ha sagt.
Tusen takk for hjelpen! 8-)

Det var godt å høre du likte "Reprise" og "Den brysomme mannen." :y:

Begge to filmer var veldig spesiell for meg fordi det var så mange
"scenes" filmet (filmed?) "familiar locations" i Oslo. 8-)

Her er linken for en god "review" av "Reprise:"

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67023
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-09-01, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

User avatar
Aleco
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 8596
Joined: 2006-04-10, 19:05
Real Name: Alecsander
Gender: male
Location: Onsøy
Country: NO Norway (Norge)
Contact:

Re: "Reprise" og "Den brysomme mannen"

Postby Aleco » 2009-01-28, 15:17

Raufoss wrote:
Mockingbird wrote:fikk is the simple past of å få (to get).
faktisk = "actually" in this sentence (indicates suprise).
I helgen = In the weekend, like you said.
severdig is made up of two words: se (see/watch) and verdig (worth / worthy) = "worth seeing", or "watchable"
på hver sin måte means, loosely translated: "each in their own way"

Putting it all together:
I actually got to see two Norwegian films this weekend. (...). [I found them] both watchable in their own way.

I think that's the best translation I can provide. Note that the last sentence is actually a sentence fragment, and not very well written. Shame on me :blush:.

Jeg likte begge to kunne jeg for eksempel ha sagt.

Tusen takk for hjelpen! 8-)

Det var godt å høre at du likte "Reprise" og "Den brysomme mannen." :y:

Begge to filmene var veldig spesielle for meg fordi det var så mange sener [som ble] filmet på [vel]kjente* steder i Oslo. 8-)

Her er linken/[lenken] til en god anmeldelse av "Reprise:"

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67023

* kjent means famous or familiar. Though, I'd say that famous covers the meaning better. Velkjent however, does not give the meaning of famous or known to a lot of people in the world ;)

Oh, and you can use begge to alone - without anything else behind :) If someone asks you, for example, which you prefer, you may answer begge to.
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Understands (sv) Understands (dk) Studied (ja)
Mom's side of the family (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs) Playing with (ga)

User avatar
Raufoss
Posts: 3779
Joined: 2008-06-08, 21:45
Gender: male
Location: South of LA near the beach
Country: US United States (United States)

Nydalen T-bane Stasjonen

Postby Raufoss » 2009-01-29, 19:57

Aleco wrote:kjent means famous or familiar. Though, I'd say that famous covers the meaning better. Velkjent however, does not give the meaning of famous or known to a lot of people in the world ;)
Tusen takk for opplysninger om "kjent" og "velkjent." If given the choice I would have guessed that the meaning of "velkjent" (well + known) was closer to famous than just "kjent" by itself, but I guess that shows I still have a lot to learn about norsk. :ohwell:

In my example I think that the most appropriate word to use for "familiar" is "velkjent" since most of the sener som ble filmet i Oslo that I had in mind are familiar to me, but not really "known to a lot of people in the world."

I'd be curious to know what Mockingbird or anyone else who has seen "Den brysomme mannen" thought of the scenes that were filmed at the "Tunnel of Light" Nydalen T-bane stasjon i Oslo.

Her er lenken til bilde av Nydalen T-bane stasjonen i Oslo
Last edited by Raufoss on 2011-09-01, 10:21, edited 3 times in total.
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español


Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests