Polish in Lithuania (Po Prostu)

yabba
Polish in Lithuania (Po Prostu)

Postby yabba » 2008-08-03, 11:12

Hey guys
I have been reading about the Polish spoken in Lithuania and it seemed so interesting. Some even said it's not "simple Polish" but rather "simple Belorussian". I am dying to get to know some samples of the language. Does anyone have some examples of this kind of "creole"? I have been youtubing already but I only found the song "po prostu badz". Very nice too ;)
Ce n'est pas une mauvaise chose de changer de langue. Parce que c'est à ce moment-là que la vraie interrogation littéraire et poétique surgit.

Attention, Winimanie : Aus aktuellem Anlaß: Hände weg von meiner Cigarette !

BezierCurve

Re: Polish in Lithuania (Po Prostu)

Postby BezierCurve » 2008-08-03, 12:45

I'm not sure if I got it right... So, the Lithuanian Polonia (Polish minority there) speaks some sort of Polish/Belarusian? I must say I've never heard of that "creole". It is true that people coming from those eastern regions (especially those, who moved west after the World War II) are thought to have some strong accent and use a few regionalisms... Same for Ukraine - see the old good Szczepko i Tonko http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=osXqBbDbQeE&feature=related

Maybe during all those years after World War II there has been developed some sort of "mixed" language. Sounds pretty interesting; however, we'll need someone who was in close contact with it.

As for the song you've found on YouTube, it has apparently nothing to do with it. I can send a translation of it to your PM, just be prepared: except for some funny stuff, it also has some foul language in it.
Brejkam wszystkie rule.

"I love tautologies, they're so ... tautological." Hunef

yabba

Postby yabba » 2008-08-04, 13:15

ta to to ti to tu to to xD
i take my info from somewhere on wikipedia i dont remember if it was exactly this page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_min ... _Lithuania
i dont think this is so recent, i read that it was when vilnius was wilno and part of poland etc

and sorry for the youtube link, i knew it had nothing to do with it -,- it is offtopic
Ce n'est pas une mauvaise chose de changer de langue. Parce que c'est à ce moment-là que la vraie interrogation littéraire et poétique surgit.

Attention, Winimanie : Aus aktuellem Anlaß: Hände weg von meiner Cigarette !

0stsee

Postby 0stsee » 2008-08-19, 14:47

yabba wrote:i dont think this is so recent, i read that it was when vilnius was wilno and part of poland etc

Well, Poland and Lithuania were in a personal union for centuries, and even though many Lithuanians wouldn't like to hear this, Lithuanian sounds to me like a reminiscent of Polish. I was quite surprised myself because Latvian which is the closest related language to Lithuanian sounds very very different, and I thought Lithuanian would sound similar to some extent.
Ini tandatanganku.

Return to “Polish (Polski)”