Please, open a new thread when introducing a new language question

arabarra
Country:CHSwitzerland (Schweiz / Suisse / Svizzera / Svizra)
Please, open a new thread when introducing a new language question

Postby arabarra » 2015-06-24, 11:29

Dear all,

in the forum we have a small number of threads with tens of pages, where questions and answers about very different issues just pile up.

I think we should try to keep a little bit of order in the forum and create a new thread (with a descriptive title) for each new question that you'd like to direct to other users or moderators. This would make later referencing possible.

what do yo you think?

Arabarra

crush

Re: Please, open new threads for new language questions

Postby crush » 2015-06-26, 6:32

:whistle:
That sounds good to me.. heh. I'll do that from now on. Should getting help translating sentences go in one master thread? Or should a separate thread be opened for each one?
Guk euskaraz, zuk zergatik ez?

arabarra
Country:CHSwitzerland (Schweiz / Suisse / Svizzera / Svizra)

Re: Please, open new threads for new language questions

Postby arabarra » 2015-06-26, 8:30

:)

Well, I don't suggest this as a rigid rule, but like a general orientation. Nothing against having a/severals big, hetereogeneous thread(s) for sentences that cannot be classified, or sentences that present several difficulties, or ...

But in the case that the participant identifies a single difficulty in a sentence to translate, and can describe it in a short sentence (i.e "Nondik edo nongo", "Perfective tense", etc... ), then I think it is worth to make a separate thread with an identificative title.

Based on past activity of the forum, my impression is that this will only work 40% of the cases, and many questions will still land on general threads, but it is ok.

Return to “Basque (Euskara)”