Riismo - The Debate over whether to reform Esperanto

JuxtapositionQMan
Re: Riismo - The Debate over whether to reform Esperanto

Postby JuxtapositionQMan » 2014-05-11, 0:54

yasmin-kasumi wrote:Linguistic gender equality is good and important and seeing that most are behind it, its at the top of the list, but what about antonym reform? I love esperanto, I hate the gender inequality but I'm no where near alone with reforming it (at least to the point that our reforms wont be labeled esperantido), but I am bugged so much by seeing mal- everywhere just pisses me off. Mahela, malgranda, it's just linguistically lazy as hell!!! Is anyone besides poets up for doing some more coinages???
I agree. Some I know of:
small is eta, not malgranda
left is liva, not maldekstra
bad is mava, not malbona
sad is trista, not malfeliĉa
dark is darka, not malhela
I don't know how well-accepted these are, but I them very useful.
Well, that was a thing.
speak: [flag=]en[/flag][flag=]eo[/flag]
learning: [flag=]fr[/flag][flag=]de[/flag][flag=]ru[/flag][flag=]pt[/flag][flag=]es[/flag][flag=]ro[/flag][flag=]art-jbo[/flag]
hiatus: [flag=]fi[/flag][flag=]it[/flag][flag=]la[/flag][flag=]wa[/flag][flag=]sv[/flag][flag=]eu[/flag][flag=]zh.Hans[/flag][flag=]is[/flag]
want to learn: [flag=]fo[/flag][flag=]be[/flag][flag=]ko[/flag][flag=]he[/flag][flag=]sw[/flag][flag=]hi[/flag][flag=]tr[/flag][flag=]nl[/flag][flag=]cy[/flag][flag=]hu[/flag]

yasmin-kasumi

Postby yasmin-kasumi » 2014-05-11, 3:06

JuxtapositionQMan wrote:
yasmin-kasumi wrote:Linguistic gender equality is good and important and seeing that most are behind it, its at the top of the list, but what about antonym reform? I love esperanto, I hate the gender inequality but I'm no where near alone with reforming it (at least to the point that our reforms wont be labeled esperantido), but I am bugged so much by seeing mal- everywhere just pisses me off. Mahela, malgranda, it's just linguistically lazy as hell!!! Is anyone besides poets up for doing some more coinages???
I agree. Some I know of:
small is eta, not malgranda
left is liva, not maldekstra
bad is mava, not malbona
sad is trista, not malfeliĉa
dark is darka, not malhela
I don't know how well-accepted these are, but I them very useful.

I'll take em! mal could actually be useful were it only used in moderation
but it's not
"The Sardinians mimic Latin grammar, just like the monkeys mimic humans..." Dante Alighieri

Saim

Postby Saim » 2014-05-11, 10:50

yasmin-kasumi wrote:Linguistic gender equality is good and important and seeing that most are behind it, its at the top of the list, but what about antonym reform? I love esperanto, I hate the gender inequality but I'm no where near alone with reforming it (at least to the point that our reforms wont be labeled esperantido), but I am bugged so much by seeing mal- everywhere just pisses me off. Mahella, malgranda, it's just linguistically lazy as hell!!! Is anyone besides poets up for doing some more coinages???

Isn't that one of the main parts of why Esperanto is supposed to be "easy"?

yasmin-kasumi

Postby yasmin-kasumi » 2014-05-11, 14:14

Saim wrote:
yasmin-kasumi wrote:Linguistic gender equality is good and important and seeing that most are behind it, its at the top of the list, but what about antonym reform? I love esperanto, I hate the gender inequality but I'm no where near alone with reforming it (at least to the point that our reforms wont be labeled esperantido), but I am bugged so much by seeing mal- everywhere just pisses me off. Mahella, malgranda, it's just linguistically lazy as hell!!! Is anyone besides poets up for doing some more coinages???

Isn't that one of the main parts of why Esperanto is supposed to be "easy"?

One of them yeah, but I don't think learning a few extra words for small and hate wouldn't be too hard ^-^
"The Sardinians mimic Latin grammar, just like the monkeys mimic humans..." Dante Alighieri

JuxtapositionQMan

Postby JuxtapositionQMan » 2014-05-11, 17:18

yasmin-kasumi wrote:One of them yeah, but I don't think learning a few extra words for small and hate wouldn't be too hard ^-^
To make up for the existing words, we'd need two for hate. In English, hate can be either malami or malŝati, with the distinction between extent and the nature of why. "I hate her (because she set my house on fire)" is malami. "I really hate that ice cream" is malŝati.
However, I'm going to coin these two words right here, right now!
hate (despise) is hati not malami (from EN "hate")
hate (dislike) is ogili not malŝati (from SV "ogilla")
anyone?
Well, that was a thing.
learning: [flag=]fr[/flag][flag=]de[/flag][flag=]ru[/flag][flag=]pt[/flag][flag=]es[/flag][flag=]ro[/flag][flag=]art-jbo[/flag]
hiatus: [flag=]fi[/flag][flag=]it[/flag][flag=]la[/flag][flag=]wa[/flag][flag=]sv[/flag][flag=]eu[/flag][flag=]zh.Hans[/flag][flag=]is[/flag]
want to learn: [flag=]fo[/flag][flag=]be[/flag][flag=]ko[/flag][flag=]he[/flag][flag=]sw[/flag][flag=]hi[/flag][flag=]tr[/flag][flag=]nl[/flag][flag=]cy[/flag][flag=]hu[/flag]

yasmin-kasumi

Postby yasmin-kasumi » 2014-05-12, 3:05

JuxtapositionQMan wrote:
yasmin-kasumi wrote:One of them yeah, but I don't think learning a few extra words for small and hate wouldn't be too hard ^-^
To make up for the existing words, we'd need two for hate. In English, hate can be either malami or malŝati, with the distinction between extent and the nature of why. "I hate her (because she set my house on fire)" is malami. "I really hate that ice cream" is malŝati.
However, I'm going to coin these two words right here, right now!
hate (despise) is hati not malami (from EN "hate")
hate (dislike) is ogili not malŝati (from SV "ogilla")
anyone?

hmmm... :hmm: i'm interested

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2014-05-12, 16:06

Europanto malbono gramatikojn designo. Fusionoj lingvoj non neutrojn Aziajn. Reformikon necesitoj komprehendon bonas.
[ˈmoːdjeðɑŋk]

JuxtapositionQMan

Postby JuxtapositionQMan » 2014-05-13, 2:02

mōdgethanc wrote:Europanto malbono gramatikojn designo. Fusionoj lingvoj non neutrojn Aziajn. Reformikon necesitoj komprehendon bonas.
Bonvole refrazu per verboj.
Well, that was a thing.

Return to “Esperanto”