I need a translation for a card game rules

Moderator:aaakknu

skink
I need a translation for a card game rules

Postby skink » 2013-06-19, 20:55

I bought Angry Birds Power Cards -game from estonia, but I don't know any of the languages in the rules (eesti, LV, LT, russian). How funny situation: I have cards I can't play with. Could someone please translate the rules to English? Finnish is okay too, but do the one you are best at.

Thanks in advance. :)

(Click for bigger image)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ainurakne

Re: I need a translation for a card game rules

Postby ainurakne » 2013-06-20, 9:52

Here you go:

The purpose of the game
To be the last one, who has some cards in hand at the end of the game.

Preparation
The cards are shuffled and distributed between players. If a card is left over, it is placed in the middle of the table. The one who wins the first round gets it to himself/herself. Hold your deck so the picture side is facing up (only one picture is visible), so only you can see it. The youngest player begins.

The course of the game
The one whose turn it is, chooses one of the features of the topmost card - Strength, Distance, Endeavour, Rarity - (not the slingshot) and says its value (Picture A). The rest of the players say the value of the same feature on their topmost card. The player who has the largest number gets the topmost cards of other players to himself/herself. In case of a tie, those payers place their cards on the table and play the next card, the one who says the largest value gets the cards of both rounds.

Building
During the game the players have to build three part house from the cards they have won (Picture B). It may consist of only one material - wood, rock or ice. NB: only three players may build from ice simultaneously!
If you win a round, study the rear sides of won cards and your card. You may find appropriate parts for building a house. At first one needs two vertical beams (1) and after that a horizontal beam on top of them (2). If you find one or multiple appropriate cards, place them on the table in front of you, put the rest of the cards under the deck. If you have put the horizontal beam in place, see if you can find (now or later) a piglet from among the won cards. If yes, put him/her sit on top of the house, your building is finished (3). It is time for the slingshot round!

The slingshot round
Immediately, after a player is placed a piglet to sit on the house, he/she says the value of the slingshot on the piglet card (Picture C). The rest of the players say the same value from the topmost card of their deck. The player whose slingshot value is the largest wins the round.
  • If the piglet sitting on the house wins, his/her owner gets all the cards that are currently on the table, also the houses of the opposing players and the game continues on an empty table.
  • If another player wins the slingshot round, he/she gets the currently played (not the ones of the houses which are under construction) cards. The game continues as usual.

New round
The winner of the round starts a new round by saying the value of one of the features of the topmost card.

Running out of the cards
If you don't have any cards in your hand anymore, you can take them from your construction yard (one at a time, starting from the top) and continue the game. If you run out of these cards also, you are out of the game.

The winner
The last player who has any cards in hand is the winner of the game!

Rules for faster game
If there are two players and there are no cards on the table, they can come to an agreement on simpler rules:
the game is played without the slingshot round, so the table doesn't get empty from the cards. The game ends when one of the players gets to build two houses and place piglets on them. The player who has the most cards (in hand and on the table) at that moment is the winner. Both players build only two houses.
Previously described rules about running out of the cards are also valid in this, faster gameplay.
Eesti keel (et) native, English (en) I can manage, Suomi (fi) trying to learn, Pусский (ru)&Deutsch (de) unfortunately, slowly fading away

skink

Re: I need a translation for a card game rules

Postby skink » 2013-06-20, 20:17

Thank you very much! Now the game is playable :)

Return to “Estonian (Eesti keel)”