Estonian in Hungary

Moderator:aaakknu

CarrieCarrie
Estonian in Hungary

Postby CarrieCarrie » 2009-08-24, 22:12

OK, I'm not sure whether this is a right place to ask, but I need to try! :)

I've started learning Estonian, here, in Warsaw (where I live, or to be more precise I've lived so far), because I'm on Finno-Ugric Studies. And I fell in love with this weird, fascinating language (it's unique with these overlong soundsand definietely complicated grammar :D )

So, what's the problem? - you may ask.

The problem is I was granted a BBI scholarship and the whole academic year I will spend in Budapest (far away from my Estonian language teacher (one of the best lectors I've been working with in my life)) I really don't want to lose my knowledge, I can practise grammar on my own, but I feel lost without somebody who could torture :) me with some speaking or writing.

Well... like in subject of topic - I'm looking for some Estonian classes in Hungary, :wink:

Levo

Re: Estonian in Hungary

Postby Levo » 2009-08-25, 23:38

CarrieCarrie wrote:OK, I'm not sure whether this is a right place to ask, but I need to try! :)

I've started learning Estonian, here, in Warsaw (where I live, or to be more precise I've lived so far), because I'm on Finno-Ugric Studies. And I fell in love with this weird, fascinating language (it's unique with these overlong soundsand definietely complicated grammar :D )

So, what's the problem? - you may ask.

The problem is I was granted a BBI scholarship and the whole academic year I will spend in Budapest (far away from my Estonian language teacher (one of the best lectors I've been working with in my life)) I really don't want to lose my knowledge, I can practise grammar on my own, but I feel lost without somebody who could torture :) me with some speaking or writing.

Well... like in subject of topic - I'm looking for some Estonian classes in Hungary, :wink:

A very nice Estonian girl I know lived two years in Hungary, the last time she was studying in Budapest, and went home to Estonia in June...

It's interesting that in such a weird situation there was almost a solution :)

Btw, the best friend of this Estonian girl was a Polish girl, while they were in Hungary. They both speak Hungarian so well that they spoke in Hungarian with each other.

Levo

Re: Estonian in Hungary

Postby Levo » 2009-09-27, 20:40

Haha, now I could start a topic: "Hungarian in Estonia" :D Just in this case I would be the mentor. Btw, come to the Hungarian movienights to Tartu.
http://ungarikino.org/kava/
There will be a Hungarian dance-evening too. "Ungari rahvamuusikaansambel: kontsert ja tantsutuba"
We're planning to go too.
Nägemist!

Return to “Estonian (Eesti keel)”