Anyone know this character?

Moderator:OldBoring

Śrāmaṇera
Re: Anyone know this character?

Postby Śrāmaṇera » 2012-05-24, 6:58

Hi Azhong,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure exactly what I should do these days to improve my Chinese. I've been living in China for three years now and I take 8 hours of classes every week. I studied a lot of Japanese before so remembering the characters is not really the biggest problem for me. I am usually struggling to remember the tones, I never know which tone goes with which character etc. I am a bit lazy these days so I just use random tones sometimes, hoping the person understands... most of the time it works though ;)

I also find the word order (語順) to be extremely delicate in Chinese and if things are not said properly, people don't understand. I think it's even more important than the tones.

I passed HSK 4級 (中級) and will try HSK 5級next semester (準高級) but I'm definitely not ready. My 聽力 is not very good especially.

I'll try to post a picture with a character, it seems it's a good idea indeed to find real life situations where the character is used. I just need to understand how to display pictures on this board first and I'll be back.

Śrāmaṇera

Postby Śrāmaṇera » 2012-05-24, 7:02

Great, it worked.

I guess the next person has to answer the same questions.

1) Give the possible reading(s) and tone(s) for this character, its traditional and simplified versions if you want.
2) Give a few examples of expressions, verbal constructions or words in which it is used.
3) Make two sentences where it appears.

ling

Postby ling » 2012-05-24, 7:14

1. 髮 fa3 (Taiwan); fa4 (mainland China) - hair
2. 剪頭髮 (to cut hair; to get a haircut); 理髮廳 (hair salon)
3. a) 你的頭髮很漂亮 (Your hair is pretty)
b) 他開始掉髮 (He's starting to lose his hair)
Native: [flag=]en[/flag] Advanced: [flag=]zh[/flag] Actively studying: [flag=]th[/flag][flag=]id[/flag] Passively dabbling: [flag=]lkt[/flag]

azhong

Postby azhong » 2012-05-25, 2:32

Hi Ling
Your comments are all fine to me.

Anyone give us the next Character, please?

Return to “Chinese (中文)”