Gender thread

This forum is the place to have more serious discussions about politics and religion, and your opinions thereof. Be courteous!

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Forum rules
When a registered user insults another person (user or not), nation, political group or religious group, s/he will be deprived of her/his permission to post in the forum. That user has the right to re-register one week after s/he has lost the permission. Further violations will result in longer prohibitions.

By default, you are automatically registered to post in this forum. However, users cannot post in the politics forum during the first week after registration. Users can also not make their very first post in the politics forum.

What is your gender identity?

Agender
4%
Aliagender
No votes
Ambigender
No votes
Androgyne
No votes
Bigender
No votes
Cis man
52%
Cis woman
11%
Demiboy
2%
Demigirl
4%
Demienby
No votes
Feminine-of-Center
4%
Genderfluid
No votes
Genderless
2%
Genderqueer
4%
Masculine-of-Center
No votes
Multigender
No votes
Neutrois
4%
Pangender
No votes
Polygender
No votes
Third gender
No votes
(Trans) feminine
4%
Trans man
No votes
(Trans) masculine
No votes
Trans woman
4%
Trigender
No votes
Other/not listed
9%

Total votes: 56

הענט
Re: Gender thread

Postby הענט » 2017-02-06, 6:38

While I was in Scientology I read about the different valences. It's basically a theory about different spirits or actions of other people (even dead ones) in one's body. For example you're your mother when she was penetrated by her lover and therefore you might feel like someone else or have a different gender. The funny thing is that people with multiple personalities are locled away in a madhouse, but a transgender person simply embraces his other personality instead of erasing it. That is of course only if the theory was right and it could be "cleared" as Scientologists claim it to be.

Now please don't discard this idea. All religions and superstitions are equal.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-02-11, 8:09

Sasabasa wrote:While I was in Scientology I read about the different valences. It's basically a theory about different spirits or actions of other people (even dead ones) in one's body. For example you're your mother when she was penetrated by her lover and therefore you might feel like someone else or have a different gender.

What?

Freak

Postby Freak » 2017-02-11, 20:05

Thought about it.

Personally, I don't draw a connection between my gender and self identity. Whichever gender I'd decide on would not affect my personal preferences, views, talents, abilities.

I feel an urge to experiment with clothing, I feel an urge to experiment in sexual life, but I just can't imagine that would I ever feel an urge to be of a different gender: it wouldn't change me, it would only change how others perceive me, at best.

I would even go as far as to say that gender doesn't really define anything. It may start as a basis to skew the development to one way or another, but in the end it's more of a wrapper, or maybe a label - nothing to be excited about.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2017-02-12, 15:16

I'm guessing you identify and present as male?
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

md0

Postby md0 » 2017-09-20, 16:58

"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-06-13, 0:53

I just voted in the poll and made the proportion of participants who self-identify as cis male over 50%. :oops:

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2019-09-13, 18:02

Allow me to help you out, Vijay. That better?

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-09-17, 4:40

No...?

Return to “Politics and Religion”