Japanese Apps?

Meera
Japanese Apps?

Postby Meera » 2016-10-17, 15:54

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if I should have posted this in resources or not, but I was wondering what are the best Japanese apps or ones that you really like using? It doesn't have to be just for learning Japanese either, but maybe apps that are all in Japanese or Japanese apps for news, culture, restaurants, weather, movies, music etc.

Some of the ones I use:

CrunchyRoll

I have been using this on my tablet and it is really useful if you want to use Anime or Japanese dramas.

Imiwa
This is a dictionary for Japanese, you can type a word in English, Romaji or Japanese and the meaning/stroke order and different readings will come up.

Kawaii Assistant
This one is kind of silly, but you can download an assistant and ask her her advice on all things Kawaii.

Manga Rock
It has Manga in many different languages and has all types of genres. Most of it is free, except there are in app purchases.
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

księżycowy

Re: Japanese Apps?

Postby księżycowy » 2016-10-17, 16:00

I usually use the Jisho dictionary app. You can search in English or Japanese (you can type in romaji and it'll automatically convert to kana). It's usually pretty good for my purposes.

I've also began checking out the Collins Japanese dictionary app, but I don't feel it's as good personally.

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2016-10-17, 16:18

The only one I use is the 朝日新聞 app.
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

Meera

Postby Meera » 2016-11-22, 19:42

I forgot to mention that Genki also has a vocabulary flashcard app. It costs money but if you are a beginner, it is awesome.
अहिंसा/เจ

Meera

Postby Meera » 2017-05-06, 15:18

J1 radio has a couple of radio apps, I really like the music the play on it unfortunately it is mostly music and no Japanese talk but they do occasionally give the current time in Japanese :P

Another radio app I am currently using is streema and it is good for all languages, but they have a lot of Japanese radio stations.
अहिंसा/เจ

Astrum

Postby Astrum » 2017-06-07, 3:48

I really like Kanji Study. It lets me sort kanji in several ways (including N1-N5), and lets me review them (definition and usage examples are also sorted by JLPT levels). I can also do multiple choice- and writing challenges.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2017-06-20, 15:10

Astrum wrote:I really like Kanji Study. It lets me sort kanji in several ways (including N1-N5), and lets me review them (definition and usage examples are also sorted by JLPT levels). I can also do multiple choice- and writing challenges.

I will try it, thanks for sharing.
अहिंसा/เจ

Return to “Japanese (日本語)”