Proto-Japonic Resources?

dan3697
Proto-Japonic Resources?

Postby dan3697 » 2016-01-09, 15:11

Hello, I'm working on making a Japonic constructed language, and need resources on Proto-Japonic reconstruction, such as phonology, morphology, etc. However, regular Google isn't useful for shit, and scholar.google only nets me a couple of ebooks that are somewhat expensive for digital books, and really aren't worth buying just to make a conlang. So, I was wondering if anyone here would happen to have some (digital) resources/guides on the phonetics, morphology, etc. of Proto-Japonic or, at least, Old-Japanese or Old-Ryukyuan. If anyone would be able to help me, you'll have my eternal thanks. Thank-you.
If Hangul is based on shapes of mouth positions, then the Koreans must be Martians. Do I like, get a show on the History channel now?
.اگاگاھاۋاگىيۇد تاچامىيۇداب

My Conlangs: Vérédæntsk, Tagawaha, Слувидроватскиј, Dareqar, Matoran (reconstruction of the Bionicle language), Krndmaz, Þęndeś, Sutspiki, Gwornligh

I've formulated a conjecture as to the nature of language change. Every language change began with one guy saying, "I'm gonna say this a certain way, let's see if it catches on..."

hashi

Re: Proto-Japonic Resources?

Postby hashi » 2016-01-12, 2:38

I've looked into this before too, and unfortunately there's not a lot out there in English (or in Japanese for that matter). My only suggestion would be to trawl Wikipedia and follow the source links. Wikipedia has a lot of general information on conjugation/declension patterns, phonology and such, but sorely (as you'd expect) lacks any decent corpus of lexicon.
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

dan3697

Re: Proto-Japonic Resources?

Postby dan3697 » 2016-02-02, 16:16

Ah, well. Thanks anyways.
If Hangul is based on shapes of mouth positions, then the Koreans must be Martians. Do I like, get a show on the History channel now?
.اگاگاھاۋاگىيۇد تاچامىيۇداب

My Conlangs: Vérédæntsk, Tagawaha, Слувидроватскиј, Dareqar, Matoran (reconstruction of the Bionicle language), Krndmaz, Þęndeś, Sutspiki, Gwornligh

I've formulated a conjecture as to the nature of language change. Every language change began with one guy saying, "I'm gonna say this a certain way, let's see if it catches on..."

Return to “Japanese (日本語)”