Istro-Romanian

Dinko1704986
Re: Aromanian- Armãneshce

Postby Dinko1704986 » 2009-01-20, 22:29

AndreiB wrote:It seems ,however,that IstroRomanian is mutually inteligible with Romanian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUFU-K7p ... re=related

The numbers are 8 like in Romanian and 2 like in Russian. The same with the days of the week:)

I understand it very well because of Romanian+Croatian borrowings
it is probably intelegibile to you, but you speak Russian, right ? :)
now we went offtopic, it could very well be a separate thread

Lietmotiv

Postby Lietmotiv » 2009-01-20, 22:33

Dinko1704986 wrote:

It is not offtopic. I can tolerate the discussion.
For me it seems like Romanian+Italian+Croatian.
Russian is like my 2nd mother-tongue(I am Moldavian) but doesn't help too much,I only noticed the days of the weeks and the numbers.
The guy seems to understand them better than me. When they don't speak fast,I understand like 95%( I am not kidding)
The Romanian guy says an interesting thing: Romanians borrowed Slavic words that Istroromanians don't use and the Istroromanians borrowed Slavic words that Romanians don't use example ''topor''(Romanian) and secure(Istroromanian). Secure is the old Romanian word for topor

Dinko1704986

Postby Dinko1704986 » 2009-01-21, 0:40

AndreiB wrote:
Dinko1704986 wrote:

The Romanian guy says an interesting thing: Romanians borrowed Slavic words that Istroromanians don't use and the Istroromanians borrowed Slavic words that Romanians don't use example ''topor''(Romanian) and secure(Istroromanian). Secure is the old Romanian word for topor

I believe that Croatian/Slavic influence also helped reviving some gramatical elements that would seem archaic in today's Romanian, i.e. constructions with the infinitive such as "ştiu cânta".

As for the Italian influence, I've read it is more widespread within one group (the soutern part, I think) of speakers, then with the other, more conservative one.

Another interesting thing is the sole facts that they borrowed some numbers. Numbers are very rarely borrowed.

Here's an interesting site: http://www.istro-romanian.com/

Balaur

Postby Balaur » 2009-01-21, 2:46

AndreiB wrote: The Romanian guy says an interesting thing: Romanians borrowed Slavic words that Istroromanians don't use and the Istroromanians borrowed Slavic words that Romanians don't use example ''topor''(Romanian) and secure(Istroromanian). Secure is the old Romanian word for topor
Interesant. Tatăl meu folosește amândouă cuvinte. Folosește 'topor' cum ai folosi tu, dar și 'secure' la un topor mai mare. Suntemi din Ardeal, dacă face vreo diferență.

Interesting. My dad uses both words. He uses 'topor' the same way you would, but also 'secure' for a larger axe. We're from Transylvania, if that makes any difference.

Interessant. Mein Vater gebraucht die beide Wörter. Er gebraucht 'topor' wie du es gebrauchen würdest, aber auch 'secure' für eine größere Axt. Wir kommen aus Siebenbürgen, wenn es einen Unterschied macht.
Last edited by Balaur on 2009-01-21, 9:16, edited 1 time in total.
Vă rog să mă corectați dacă fac o greșeală în orice limbă. // Вэ рог сэ мэ коректаць дакэ фак о грешялэ ын орьче лимбэ. // Please correct me if I make a mistake in any language. // Bitte korrigiert mich, wenn ich einen Fehler in irgendeiner Sprache mache. // 請改正我任何語言中的錯誤。 // 请改正我任何语言中的错误。 // Παρακαλώ να με διορθώνουν αν κάνω ένα λάθο σε οποιηδήποτε γλώσσα.

0stsee

Re: Istro-Romanian

Postby 0stsee » 2009-05-14, 5:32

Do you think that Istro-Romanian will cease to be spoken this generation?
Ini tandatanganku.

AdiJapan

Postby AdiJapan » 2009-05-14, 6:22

0stsee wrote:Do you think that Istro-Romanian will cease to be spoken this generation?

Unfortunately, that's quite possible. Just about every adult speaker also speaks Croatian. The number of children speakers seems to be very small, below 50, and they too will go to school, where they can only study in Croatian. Generalized bilingualism is the perfect formula for language extinction.

I don't know if there is anything that can be done. Apparently the speakers now refuse outside help because they have already been fooled by politicians' unkept promises, so if they don't do something by themselves soon --- getting recognized as a minority in Croatia would be a good start ---, the language will just die together with the last speaker.
[flag]ro[/flag] maternă  [flag]us[/flag] pretty well  [flag]fr[/flag] pas mal  [flag]ja[/flag] 順調

dimos

Postby dimos » 2009-07-19, 19:26

the curse of the Balkans. every minority is regarded with mistrust and has to be assimilated. the same problem is facing my aromanian language in Greece. . . i wish the istro-romanian and aromanian languages would survive.

Return to “Romanian (Română)”