the back side of grandma's old photo

ssa2000
the back side of grandma's old photo

Postby ssa2000 » 2017-03-07, 15:37

Can you help translate please ?[/s]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ssa2000 on 2017-03-07, 15:45, edited 2 times in total.

ioansuhov

Re: the back side of grandma's old photo

Postby ioansuhov » 2017-03-07, 15:43

Hi!
Unfortunately, I cannot see the attached image. Please check again.
I'm here to help you :).

ssa2000

Postby ssa2000 » 2017-03-07, 16:11

Thanks
I fixed it..

ioansuhov

Postby ioansuhov » 2017-03-07, 16:32

ssa2000 wrote:Thanks
I fixed it..

Great!
Here you go: "I offer you [this picture] for you to remember [this moment] and I hope that you will keep the original picture [this one].
The winter of your wedding ceremony."
To: "[My - probabily, can be the sister of somebody else, though. Unprecise expression] Sister and Nahun [i'm not sure. Could be a nickname. Very strange word. Might be "Nașul" - "to the godfather", if your grandmother had a very specific way of writing the letters].
And finally: "Damle" could signify a shortened form of "Damele" ("the ladies) or it could be a nickname or it could be, in fact, "Domle" which is an informal and oral version of "Sir!" in the vocative case (such as in: "Hey, sir!"). Moreover, "domle" is a way of expressing a very large variety of feelings, situation in which we say "Oh, sir! How good were those times" or similar ones.
Hope you'll find this useful.
PS: Due to the fact that the text isn't very precise and that the words themselves present some doubts, I've added th explanation between the brackets. I cannot offer you an undebatable translation...

Return to “Romanian (Română)”